• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Okay since port mackerel is finally up as a stage I was able to go into recon mode and test it out and yeah, based on the video of the new Splatling, it seems to have about the same range as the Splattershot Pro/.96 Gal/Dual Squelcher
So just a step below the Chargers? I'm impressed.

Heng

Sorry for a question that may have been answered but how can I play with you guys? I had the game for a while so I'm not entirely terrible :)
What Ghost has said. You can find a spreadsheet of all the GAF's NNID on the 6th post of this thread. Add the active posters from the last 2 page and when you get into GAF rooms, just add people you don't have.

I didn't know Kasumi was your gf Emil, I thought she was a random that was wrecking me with the N-zap. She's pretty good.

Rank me down all the way to C-. I don't care any more. Why should I have to suffer through CONSTANT carrying of these idiots who only deserve C-? It's obvious the match making wants me there. Screw it.

/exaggeratedrant

Nico_D

How can I improve my Charger accuracy? Stationary targets - no problem. But when someone is moving left or right, luck has a part in whether I hit him or not.

When someone's moving, do I have to hit him when the reticule is X'd or do I shoot in advance when he's moving into it? The same with jumping: I can hit someone (sometimes) when they're are jumping but I'm not conscious of what I'm doing.

James, I have never seen someone pull a rail swim maneuver like that before. I'm torn between being in awe and calling that kill bullshit.

But really I'm in awe.

Nico_D

Rank me down all the way to C-. I don't care any more.

Same here. I'm losing interest in rank in Ranked and now play it just for the heck of it. Although it greatly pisses me off watching how poorly some people play.

Without a doubt, I might be occasionally the one who needs carrying but still.

How can I improve my Charger accuracy? Stationary targets - no problem. But when someone is moving left or right, luck has a part in whether I hit him or not.

When someone's moving, do I have to hit him when the reticule is X'd or do I shoot in advance when he's moving into it? The same with jumping: I can hit someone (sometimes) when they're are jumping but I'm not conscious of what I'm doing.
You have to predict where they will be since it takes time for the shot to reach your target. This principle applies to all weapons to varying degrees. The slower the projectile the more you have to compensate.

Or you can just run at your opponent with an aerospray and not be a detriment to your team.

Vecks

James and Vecks locked my entire game every single time on Moray, just wanted to climb for the view man, nothing more. :(

But aren't we helping you there? Your spawn has a nice view too. :)

Rank me down all the way to C-. I don't care any more. Why should I have to suffer through CONSTANT carrying of these idiots who only deserve C-? It's obvious the match making wants me there. Screw it.

/exaggeratedrant

It's kind of the opposite for me. Some matches I don't even get a single kill, but somehow my team still wins. I really don't understand how I'm still in A.

ryechu

When the X appears. The projectile moves stupidly fast, it might as well be hitscan. It also might be hitscan. I seem to see the splat icon faster when i get the X as opposed to when randomly hit someone invisible in ink. It could be the sound effect screwing with my sense of time though.

Edit: That said, I dont think you should be mentally checking yourself when the X appears, nor should you respond to it. The X should appear, but you should be more aware of how you aimed your shot beforehand. Also, if you are fine with stationary targets, you could be showing your laser in a predictable pattern. In the weapons test room, try aiming at the center squid dummy, before jerking to the left and to the right to hit those squids. When you shoot real life squids, one of the useful shots is this left to right quick snap, so you should practice so you have it down.

I've seen more people wearing the marshmallows t-shirt/writing about team marshmallows than Team Hotdogs on Miiverse... don't tell me I chose the least popular team again :(

Azure J

Had to take one for the team and order this guy's shoes instead of hoarding orders for my Krak-On Ink Resist Hi Tops:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01depts.jpg

If Spyke comes though, I know ChargerGAF will be hype. :lol

Having three chargers on your team and none on the opposition in Moray is fucking hilarious .

It is. My bombs were getting doubles and triples, which helped ease the frustration caused by ranked's RNG screwing me over.

BTW, I'm gonna add you. I made it a habit to add anyone who mains or wants to pick up Chargers. The reason I did that was because I was the OG GAF Charger when everyone said they sucked. Now, they're common, but it's fun to duel other skilled Chargers.

Oh, another reason is because we're the only ones to snipe Azure midair and on stream so far, soooo high five!

A word on my style: Most of SplatGAF knows me as the Charger user, but my aim isn't typically impressive. It's really my aggressive bomb play that people really know me by at this point. Just ask most of NightSplatGAF. As you've seen, I'm an in-your-face Charger player who has some success in campy play, though I find that style to be pretty boring. I sit at a 20-30 degree angle from the center of my TV, which makes aiming somewhat weird.

ryechu

okay, im back at my old place for a week, but without my monitor and I suck ASS. Holy crap. I have to relearn all my gyro metrics.

ryechu

Too much lag on your current screen?

I dont know what it is. Like its a TV now so its bigger? But the thing is i was running drills earlier today and the same amount of movement should get my cursor from the middle squid baloon the the left one, but its like overshooting by 1.5. I had to lower my sensitivity from +2 to -2 and it still feels off. Not going to have my monitor by the august update, so i need to grind this one out.

Edit: It must be latency, but i cant feel it as such, just that the gyro seems shifted.

I dont know what it is. Like its a TV now so its bigger? But the thing is i was running drills earlier today and the same amount of movement should get my cursor from the middle squid baloon the the left one, but its like overshooting by 1.5. I had to lower my sensitivity from +2 to -2 and it still feels off. Not going to have my monitor by the august update, so i need to grind this one out.

What TV? Model number and everything please. I was able to at least decently adapt from my 19" SDTV's no input lag to my my 60" LG's maybe 44 ms input lag to 42" Vizio with maybe 28-32 ms of input lag. If not input lag, then maybe mental fatigue from the move?

That 0.4 win.

Is Compas a Gaffer?

IIRC There was one with the name "Compass" but I don't know if that's the same person.

ryechu

What TV? Model number and everything please. I was able to at least decently adapt from my 19" SDTV's no input lag to my my 60" LG's maybe 44 ms input lag to 42" Vizio with maybe 28-32 ms of input lag. If not input lag, then maybe mental fatigue from the move?

definately not fatigue. This is crazy drastic. I used to be 95% accurate snapping to any stationary point on the screen. Im at like 30% now. Uh its a panasonic tc-p42st30. I set the thing to game mode.

Rize_21

But aren't we helping you there? Your spawn has a nice view too. :)
That Hiro set is useless when going as a scout with the splattershot jr., next time I'll try to go with a lot of swim speed up, I need to learn to be as harassing as possible with short/mid range weapons just like you guys. Can't wait for the special up buff too, it seems to take forever to load the bubbler.

definately not fatigue. This is crazy drastic. I used to be 95% accurate snapping to any stationary point on the screen. Im at like 30% now. Uh its a panasonic tc-p42st30. I set the thing to game mode.

Yeah, it's probably the screen size or the way you sit while aiming. That, you you screwed up the Gamepad's gyro moving it. =P

I'll join Jeff's room blind since the TV needs to be off right now. I do share a room. Just join through me.

ryechu

Yeah, it's probably the screen size or the way you sit while aiming. That, you you screwed up the Gamepad's gyro moving it. =P

I'll join Jeff's room blind since the TV needs to be off right now. I do share a room. Just join through me.

i think i figured it out. Its not the screen size. But the latency of when my ZR releases compared to the visual imput i get from the scrolling squid body. I recognize when the thing im focusing at crosses the middle of the screen. Before i would release at that moment, now i have to release like 4 frames early.

edit 4 frames is an exaggeration, but still. Its crazy how much 1 frame affects this.

ryechu

are you in? because i dont see a single friend joinable.

i think i figured it out. Its not the screen size. But the latency of when my ZR releases compared to the visual imput i get from the scrolling squid body. I recognize when the thing im focusing at crosses the middle of the screen. Before i would release at that moment, now i have to release like 4 frames early.

edit 4 frames is an exaggeration, but still. Its crazy how much 1 frame affects this.

Oh yeah. =/

Joining someone blind, I think. It might be Jeff.

Tv is on now

60 degree angle from the center of the screen is rough lol. Couldn't hit anything.

BTW, I'm gonna add you. I made it a habit to add anyone who mains or wants to pick up Chargers. The reason I did that was because I was the OG GAF Charger when everyone said they sucked. Now, they're common, but it's fun to duel other skilled Chargers.

Oh, another reason is because we're the only ones to snipe Azure midair and on stream so far, soooo high five!

A word on my style: Most of SplatGAF knows me as the Charger user, but my aim isn't typically impressive. It's really my aggressive bomb play that people really know me by at this point. Just ask most of NightSplatGAF. As you've seen, I'm an in-your-face Charger player who has some success in campy play, though I find that style to be pretty boring. I sit at a 20-30 degree angle from the center of my TV, which makes aiming somewhat weird.

People thought chargers sucked? Is that on record in the first OT somewhere? It sounds amusing to read.

And high five!

People thought chargers sucked? Is that on record in the first OT somewhere? It sounds amusing to read.

And high five!

The Testfire and first days of Splatoon had everyone either hating the Charger for one reason or another or outright dismissing it as pointless for Turf War. That thought process was shown every now and then in the first OT.

ryechu

Lol.

By the way, I find it hilarious that we have 2 Charger mains with Pokemon in their avatars. =P

thank god for that.

Edit: I dont think I landed a single twitch shot during that session. Luckily the E liter scopes range is so ridiculous i can play a peekaboo style. I'm kinda dissapointed though. Since i didnt have wifi, i did the test room and charger amiibo levels when i was bored. Near the end, I was machine. But its gone now.

Top Bottom