• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

correojon

https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/628492387749269505

CLjafmoUkAAkfIF.jpg:large

CLjZSKQUMAAUJ-L.jpg:large

That chinese hat...and that cool white jacket! They gotta be mine :)

It's amazing how GAF rooms or rooms with some gaffers just feel fun to play in compared to randoms ranked. Splatoon has thrown me in with horribad players on my team countless times in ranked for the majority of the time. It's become extremely demoralizing.

We don't serve Jho's around these parts. But his savage cousin gets a free pass cause lol tail pin.

=/ Freaking pins.

It's amazing how GAF rooms or rooms with some gaffers just feel fun to play in compared to randoms ranked. Splatoon has thrown me in with horribad players on my team countless times in ranked for the majority of the time. It's become extremely demoralizing.

Yeah, this seems to be because GAF matches are often close and a generally higher skill level is present, not just because we talk to each other here. My sister popped into one of our rooms for a bit and had way more fun because she felt like she actually had a chance of winning, whereas with randoms she kept getting paired with bad teammates or against amazing ones. I thought she would get frustrated with how intense our rooms can be!

Exentryk

Doing the lords work with that thing.
And where the hell do you always come from to roller me?!

Ninja Squid doing all the work there haha. But couldn't kill you that last match. Even landed on you but it didn't work XD

EDIT - Also, can't believe you actually waited that long for me down there. Was hoping for a teammate to come shoot but nope. Had to kraken.

Also, got a comm error. Good time for a break I guess. GGs.

Ninja Squid doing all the work there haha. But couldn't kill you that last match. Even landed on you but it didn't work XD

EDIT - Also, can't believe you actually waited that long for me down there. Was hoping for a teammate to come shoot but nope. Had to kraken.
I can't believe I missed that many shots to stop ya. And I got lucky that time cause normally you would just bash me with the roller.

Edit: same here, it was fun but I must sleep or pretend to or something.

Totakeke

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the Ika Musume costume.

Scoooppe. Also the common e liter spot is a trap. If there is an enemy sniper you want to be behind the railings instead and jump shoot.

I was using the scope, which could be more or less of a trap depending whether you mean one should hold to use the scope (more of a trap) or one should only charge when there's an enemy in sight and the scope makes it easier to snipe (which I don't think helps that much).

I don't think the common spot is a trap though, it's too good, you can paint the enemy splatzone from that spot, it's insane. You just need to plan your escape ahead. Camping in Moray Towers is just too advantageous, the downside is that it lulls you into bad charger play on other maps.

Someone squint and tell me if there's new info in here.
TopezOy.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/085/033/55c05d43c8b5e.html

ryechu

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about the Ika Musume costume.

I was using the scope, which could be more or less of a trap depending whether you mean one should hold to use the scope (more of a trap) or one should only charge when there's an enemy in sight and the scope makes it easier to snipe (which I don't think helps that much).

I don't think the common spot is a trap though, it's too good, you can paint the enemy splatzone from that spot, it's insane. You just need to plan your escape ahead. Camping in Moray Towers is just too advantageous, the downside is that it lulls you into bad charger play on other maps.

Someone squint and tell me if there's new info in here.
TopezOy.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/images/000/085/033/55c05d43c8b5e.html

Its a trap in that if the enemy has an e liter, you need to be in the jump snipe spot or you are dead.

Totakeke

Its a trap in that if the enemy has an e liter, you need to be in the jump snipe spot or you are dead.

Haven't found that to be too big of a deal, I'll try if I'm a better shot than he is if not I'll move locations, but that hasn't been too big of an issue for me. The bigger problem for me are enemy teams with no chargers and they go all out aggressive at start, missing one shot could mean your entire team is immediately overwhelmed.

ryechu

Haven't found that to be too big of a deal, I'll try if I'm a better shot than he is if not I'll move locations, but that hasn't been too big of an issue for me. The bigger problem for me are enemy teams with no chargers and they go all out aggressive at start, missing one shot could mean your entire team is immediately overwhelmed.

it doesnt matter if you are a better shot than him if hes in a position that directly counters your own. You cant kill him but he can kill you. If you try to hit the low ground, he will kill you. Hes covered by the railing but has full vision and charge on your position. All he need do is jump. although the e litre scope can counter this by picking the correct range and using the zoom to hit the pixels of his hair that goes above the railing.

Hmm, according to 2ch from the famitsu leaked scan, the Ika Musume costume will be hood, no-sleeve and shoes, added with the Aug 6 update. Not sure if true but it sounds like it.

ShivUK

So we now have a team of 8 people for the ink or sink tourney, sorry if anyone else wanted in(but I don't think so)!. Does someone know a good slow chat-ish client that we can use? It's kinda annoying sending the same PM to everyone 7 other people and it's almost impossible to all be on irc at the same time. I know there is Skype, but I'm not the biggest fan of it.

Edit: Also can't wait until the update, so we don't all have to queue to get into a GAF lobby

Not sure if you got a good answer to this or not, but Slack can be pretty useful for cases like this. Chat client that stores history. There is a limit to how many posts will be stored for a free account, but if we set one up just for Splatoon then I doubt it would be an issue?

Totakeke

it doesnt matter if you are a better shot than him if hes in a position that directly counters your own. You cant kill him but he can kill you. If you try to hit the low ground, he will kill you. Hes covered by the railing but has full vision and charge on your position. All he need do is jump. although the e litre scope can counter this by picking the correct range and using the zoom to hit the pixels of his hair that goes above the railing.

Huh, you're talking about the ramp. To me I consider those the same areas because I always move around that area and it takes only a second to move down the ramp. I also try to keep switching positions to prevent being too predictable for inkzooka strikes. It takes just one second to go down to the ramp. It's not like if I see another charger on the other side behind the railings I can't tell what they're trying to do and wont react to it. There is also merit to stay in the upper areas because it lets you snipe people trying to climb the wall and again lets you paint the opposing splatzone. Moving around as necessary is a much better advice than just picking one spot and sticking there.

Of course I'm sure you know all that but your advice seems particularly limited to one scenario.

StAidan

Man, I'm feeling pretty good after accidentally taking my Octobrush into ranked last night and going on a massive win streak with it. Some lousy matchups had dropped me down to a B 20 with my usual loadout (a combination of Tentatek and Dual Squelcher). This morning, I reached a personal all time high of B+ 70. (Sitting at B+ 62 currently because my last round matched me up against a team of A+.)

This was all in Tower Control, so I don't know how the dynamic might change in Splat Zones. I had pretty decent teammates in this streak for the most part, but found that even in the bad rounds the Octobrush had some serious carrying power. I think it was a golden combination of beakons, a bunch of multikills, and a couple of quick respawn mains that made it possible.

Zing

Banned
James, I have never seen someone pull a rail swim maneuver like that before. I'm torn between being in awe and calling that kill bullshit.

But really I'm in awe.
I quickly learned to ink the rails thanks to him and the Nzap.

And, yeah, the Nzaps are kamikaze style... Run and jump in shooting. It was fun wiping the entire opposing team on Blackbelly last night.

Africanus

commrollerjgpmp.png

I meant to do this earlier but I just got the chance.

Stand up, rollers of the Inkopolis
Stand up, prisoners of chargers
Reason thunders in its volcano
This is the splat of the end.
Of the past let us ink the turf over
Enslaved rollers, stand up, stand up.
The turf is about to change its ink
We are nothing, let us be all.

CALS

Neo Member
So in anticipation of the August update I decided to make a Discord server for people that wants to voice chat with ease.

So welcome to Discord - https://discordapp.com/
kXysYOS.jpg

Great features

Free
Clear quality
Free
Low CPU Usage
IP protection

Grab you cellphone with some headsets
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discord&hl=en
App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discord-chat-for-gamers/id985746746?mt=8
Windows/OSX apps: https://discordapp.com/apps
Browsers: Firefox/Opera/Chrome
Free

There is no permanent invitation system, the invitation only last up to one day so I will have to update this post with a new link everyday. If the link expires just msg me in NeoGaf and I will update it.

So please go to the original post for the most up-to-date invitation link.

Please quote to see the Discord invitation
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
QUOTE ME!!!
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Some Rules:

One team per room
Don't be an ass
Be nice
Be supportive
Please leave the text/voice chat room if not in a group playing a game
If someone is being a idiot beyond reason then screen cap and send the image to me and I will either warn or ban them.

I set up rooms like this:
Voice chat - Splatoon1
Text Chat - Splatoon1

Voice chat - Splatoon2
Text Chat - Splatoon2

and so on.....

So basically you join both rooms together so you can text and voice chat with your team. Once again, if you are not on the team in the chatroom, please leave so as to not add noise.

There is also a "chatforeveryone" room so everyone can join to text with each other.

I hope this program will get some use and make Splatoon a lot easier to communicate.

If anyone has any ideas on other settings I can use please not hesitate to msg me.

Keep on Splatting.

Pretty slick voice chat app. Will be getting some use when the update happens. Thanks for this

Feels good to splat someone who is camping on the tower in skate park with burst bombs. Thank you neo splash o matic/hero replica lol

The more I use the dual squelcher the more I love it

Top Bottom