• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

How are there still people who are level 20+ and rank B but still do shit like not getting on the tower when it's right there and the other team is dead right before the timer runs out and we're down on points? Or do shit like jump off the tower because a guy is getting close to you during overtime?

How are there still people who watch as half the enemy team dies, and their reaction is to stand back 20 feet and just see how things shake out once their team respawns?

javac

How are there still people who are level 20+ and rank B but still do shit like not getting on the tower when it's right there and the other team is dead right before the timer runs out and we're down on points? Or do shit like jump off the tower because a guy is getting close to you during overtime?

How are there still people who watch as half the enemy team dies, and their reaction is to stand back 20 feet and just see how things shake out once their team respawns?

Online gaming in a nutshell. You've got to do everything yourself, consider everybody else on your team brain dead.

Vecks

Where are you guys facing all these murderous sloshers? Is it in ranked? The ones I've faced don't seem too bad. But then again, they're just randoms in turf wars. I think I only saw one in A+ ranked, but he didn't seem that impressive either.

Online gaming in a nutshell. You've got to do everything yourself, consider everybody else on your team brain dead.

I've had like five matches today where we only lost Tower Control by a few points or overtime, and every time there was a point where, while we were in control and the coast was clear, apparently everyone who was on or near the tower decided to jump off and go lone wolf in the enemy side and assumed that someone would stay on it, or when I was on it they all decided "oh it's cool" [runs off as the other team surrounds me]. WE'VE LOST CONTROL OF THE TOWER! gee wonder how that happened

At one point during Splat Zones we still ended up winning but, there was a time where someone was walking right into our zone and the guy closest to it was so not paying attention that he jumped over to the guys who were holding down their zone by themselves.

daakusedo

I would like to continue progressing with charger but at some point if I don't take the tentatek to save the day, we just never win.
Today, on splat zones, there was one match with the e liter where I was the driving force on the tower but for urchin I can't lead and I never had good partner to rush while I opened the road for them. So when enough is enough, tentatek, and I always finish first and on the winning team, but I want to be a sniper!!!

Violet_0

Banned
unless you have a really good player on your team, you probably want to be lower rank than the opponent team. We had like +4 and -12 points after every squad match, it's probably quite difficult to climb up this way

javac

I've had like five matches today where we only lost Tower Control by a few points or overtime, and every time there was a point where, while we were in control and the coast was clear, apparently everyone who was on or near the tower decided to jump off and go lone wolf in the enemy side and assumed that someone would stay on it, or when I was on it they all decided "oh it's cool" [runs off as the other team surrounds me]. WE'VE LOST CONTROL OF THE TOWER! gee wonder how that happened

At one point during Splat Zones we still ended up winning but, there was a time where someone was walking right into our zone and the guy closest to it was so not paying attention that he jumped over to the guys who were holding down their zone by themselves.

Lol it happens all the time, I get the feeling that nobody thinks half of the time. It's brilliant when I see all three of my teammates fighting at the spawn point, flailing over a tiny bit of land as they get spawn trapped instead of, oh you know, going for the other 90% of the map and swimming past the enemies. I think my teammates are sick, they watch me die in front of them and just chill out as the guy who killed me run circles around them. I just shake my head.

Lol it happens all the time, I get the feeling that nobody thinks half of the time. It's brilliant when I see all three of my teammates fighting at the spawn point, flailing over a tiny bit of land as they get spawn trapped instead of, oh you know, going for the other 90% of the map. I think my teammates are sick, they watch me die in front of them and just chill out as the guy who killed me run circles around them. I just shake my head.

Once you get to the point in a match where your team mates are clustered together like 10 feet outside of spawn just shooting wildly at the other team boxing them in, is like watching your soul die in slow motion.

That or when it's ranked and your team decides to be very polite and not touch those nice expensive beacons you laid down because they're yours. Better swim right to the middle!

jholmes

It's cathartic to read this rage from people who aren't me.

javac

Once you get to the point in a match where your team mates are clustered together like 10 feet outside of spawn just shooting wildly at the other team boxing them in, is like watching your soul die in slow motion.

That or when it's ranked and your team decides to be very polite and not touch those nice expensive beacons you laid down because they're yours. Better swim right to the middle!

lol yup I just swim right past them and paint the rest of the map while they keep each-other company in the one tiny corner of the map. I mean, they obviously need to paint that little area, it would impolite not to!

I remember one Splat Zone in particular where we got it to about 3 seconds and somehow lost control and the other team came back even with a hefty penalty. I felt so ashamed of my team and myself T_T

The best matches are the ones in which you get trashed, assume that the rest of your team lost connection and were kicked out of the game, only to realize that they were in fact playing, but were so bad that I thought that they weren't even there. Spooky.

I take pride in placing my beacons perfectly, like modern art, so I'd rage if my team never uses them!

DaBoss

Read an earlier part of the thread regarding losing points. It seems to take something into count, but I'm not sure what. I feel like they changed the default point loss for A+ to -12 with unbalanced ranks changing that to a possible -10.

The new points system doesn't seem like it is consistent with the same rank combinations either. And from what I understand, individual players on a team get a different amount of points (depending on their rank?).

I die a little inside when I place down beacons in perfect locations, then watch as the team instead decides to jump to me without Stealth Jump - giving away my hidden location, killing my chance at a surprise attack and then leaving them dead the second they land.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
While I'm waiting in a squad match I should be able to go to my friends list to send friends messages or add them. I'm waiting in a lobby and hoping one of my friends sees we have a spot open. Ridiculous.

Don't think I got any of you on my list. I'll throw some requests out for future use.

What's your NNID?

javac

Splatfest this weekend, hopefully it goes smoothly lol. The first splatfest I never got any Super Sea Snails and the second one took place while I was away so hopefully I can actually participate this time. I went for North Pole, why not.

mo60

Has anyone played in a bunch of 3 vs 4 matches today?All the turf war matches I played today my team was down one player and we lost almost all these matches besides one match were my team won and I scored 1845p using the splattershot jr.

Finished leveling up the jacket and shoes and...
zS9RqsX.png

"SHIT!" followed by "OH MY FUCKING GOD YES WOOOOOOOT!"

Hmmm? Hmm, I thought there was a bucket that had Sprinklers and Kraken, guess that changed to Splash Wall at some point.

I just came back to the game after maybe a month or two off, I'm getting fucking murdered by the Slosher. It's not all rust either, the thing is going to beat a Zapper almost every time in a tight space. If every game is going to have four buckets in it, I don't know if I can run the Zapper anymore. It's ridiculous.

Maybe I'll figure it out, maybe the metagame will balance the thing out, but right now all I can say is fuck the bucket. Makes me want to go back into my Splatoon-less coma.
Are you using the grey Zapper? I think that one has Splat Bombs, so you could try using those to create space between you and the enemy Sloshers. If you're using the orange Zapper, then I guess you'll have to figure out how to out-maneuver them.

I'm gonna take a break for now, have fun with the squadding.

GGs, Triforce, MrPanic and RDBlax. We had a good winning streak going. Only loses were to Zings GAF squad (which was close) and this Japanese squad who had a really good team/charger which we couldn't counter.

I disconnected in the lobby while we were searching for another team.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
GGs, Triforce, MrPanic and RDBlax. We had a good winning streak going. Only loses were to Zings GAF squad (which was close) and this Japanese squad who had a really good team/charger which we couldn't counter.

Read an earlier part of the thread regarding losing points. It seems to take something into count, but I'm not sure what. I feel like they changed the default point loss for A+ to -12 with unbalanced ranks changing that to a possible -10.

The new points system doesn't seem like it is consistent with the same rank combinations either. And from what I understand, individual players on a team get a different amount of points (depending on their rank?).

iirc someone suggested it takes into account your actual point count inside your rank and not just the rank. For example team A90 / A90 / A90 / A90 will lose 12 against team A10 / A10 / A10 / A10.

Azure J

OK, so lots of things to catch back up on after sleeping in most of today (something I'm not quite proud of):

Random ass thought as I sign off trying to get some sleep, what are SplatGAF's dream weapon configs? (Max. 3)

1. Inkbrush/Burst Bombs/Burst Bomb Rush
2. .96 Gal/Suction Bombs/Bubbler

I'll do #3 and explanations later. I wanna see what kind of crazy you all can come up with.

Inkbrush/Burst Bombs/Bomb Rush is the theory endgame for regular brushes. Everything that the brush has as a weakness is instantly negated with access to burst bombs. Climbing? Bomb the wall. Dude gets out of swing range? Bomb him. Dude is outside of swing range? Bomb him then close in and slash him. Want to distract but don't want to run in stupidly? Chuck bombs.

Please let this one happen Nintendo.

The 96 Gal is a thing I wanted for a while actually. I hate both of the loadouts with the weapon at current but love the weapon itself due to how much "fuck you" level firepower and reach it packs. If they ever made a 96 with this config, I'd never use another shooter weapon.

There's a new ninja shirt/sweater I ordered its navy blue

Rad, what brand is it?

Can't wait for Azure's warehouse zones highlights from last night.

Horrible times y'all. Going 1-3 because James went Super Saiyan with the bucket, Robotguy loves eating chargers alive and DKL is like SM239 Jr. with the Tentatek was not how I intended to go out.

We're totally running that shit back again tonight at least once. :lol

Nice!
Found some more ink resistance shoes on squid boards
dlADovS.jpg

This entire look is kickass.

Buckets too stronk.
I still think it has too many viable options.

#FuckBuckets

Not even once.

It's going to be hilarious if this becomes my Zero/Vergil/Metaknight/Leo Whitefang [i.e. characters I'll never touch ever because of PTSD from dealing with them] in this game.

Splatoon |OT4|
Woomy

So does everyone want the OT4 subtitle to be "You're a detriment to your team"?

Aw I thought this was going to be that adorable "BOO-MY" SFX that comes from the gamepad when female Inklings cheer on the team. :lol

I want that for a text message notification.

Shush, we don't speak of this in public. =P

I'm just going to leave these here for the public.

Training With GAF - Can Brushes Work In Tower Control?: Training series is just me using private battles with GAF to test things without jeopardizing my rank. That said, so many silly things with sprinklers in this one. :lol
Bombs Over Booyah Base: Inkstrikes by the dozens.
CROSSFIRE: Didn't know they made DJ Octavio a playable character...
Calamari of Duty: Underpass at War [Veteran Difficulty]: In which Smashley decides to fully embrace the troll and I am now able to practice calligraphy eternally with all this fuckin' ink I'm covered in.
Training With GAF - The Salty Splatoon: Getting rocked when you use your main and try to learn with it when you don't use it often enough in one mode clearly means it's time to sit up and get real.
Sloshers Are Bullshit: Watch as four team members try to hold back a tsunami with the equivalent of a square of paper towel. No holding back, this weapon is going to be a pain in the ASS to deal with. Better get ready for four man Slosher teams during Splat Zone rotations!

Top Bottom