• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

WALKMAN04

Yeah gg's. It was great playing against you too.

Edit: aaaand S rank. What a ranked roller coaster
Congrats, when I left you I was at A+ with 1 point lol, then I went to eat and came back at the map change and shot up to S rank in 40 min. Maybe I needed the food or the change in maps but I made it through my roller coaster as well lol.
Read an earlier part of the thread regarding losing points. It seems to take something into count, but I'm not sure what. I feel like they changed the default point loss for A+ to -12 with unbalanced ranks changing that to a possible -10.

The new points system doesn't seem like it is consistent with the same rank combinations either. And from what I understand, individual players on a team get a different amount of points (depending on their rank?).
I don't know about that last part but it might have something to do with how close the game was, when I got destroyed I lost 12 points nearly every time, but when it was close I usually lost 8 or 10, might have just been a coincidence so I'm not sure either. Also I agree with you Neo Underpass on tower control isn't that good, the map just feels weird to me.

NotLiquid

Aw I thought this was going to be that adorable "BOO-MY" SFX that comes from the gamepad when female Inklings cheer on the team. :lol

I want that for a text message notification.

It's almost the same thing tho!

Since people have already decided on the OT4 subtitle I'm going to have to reserve it for OT5 instead lmao

Speaking of which I hope people don't mind if I put it up in about two hours or so? I'm heading off to bed soon and I'll be relatively busy tomorrow, this thread looks like it'll probably have used itself up after the next seven or so hours.

Sloshers are like Dynamo Rollers; without lag they aren't that bad to deal with, but add in lag and they can become a lot harder to deal with than what was probably intended.

Will Discord's voice chat work acceptably if I use it via my phone and set the phone on my lap or something like that? I don't have a headset, so if people won't be able to hear me that way, I'm out of options.

OK, so lots of things to catch back up on after sleeping in most of today (something I'm not quite proud of):

Inkbrush/Burst Bombs/Bomb Rush is the theory endgame for regular brushes. Everything that the brush has as a weakness is instantly negated with access to burst bombs. Climbing? Bomb the wall. Dude gets out of swing range? Bomb him. Dude is outside of swing range? Bomb him then close in and slash him. Want to distract but don't want to run in stupidly? Chuck bombs.

Please let this one happen Nintendo.

The 96 Gal is a thing I wanted for a while actually. I hate both of the loadouts with the weapon at current but love the weapon itself due to how much "fuck you" level firepower and reach it packs. If they ever made a 96 with this config, I'd never use another shooter weapon.

Rad, what brand is it?

Horrible times y'all. Going 1-3 because James went Super Saiyan with the bucket, Robotguy loves eating chargers alive and DKL is like SM239 Jr. with the Tentatek was not how I intended to go out.

We're totally running that shit back again tonight at least once. :lol

This entire look is kickass.

#FuckBuckets

Not even once.

It's going to be hilarious if this becomes my Zero/Vergil/Metaknight/Leo Whitefang [i.e. characters I'll never touch ever because of PTSD from dealing with them] in this game.

Aw I thought this was going to be that adorable "BOO-MY" SFX that comes from the gamepad when female Inklings cheer on the team. :lol

I want that for a text message notification.

I'm just going to leave these here for the public.

Training With GAF - Can Brushes Work In Tower Control?: Training series is just me using private battles with GAF to test things without jeopardizing my rank. That said, so many silly things with sprinklers in this one. :lol
Bombs Over Booyah Base: Inkstrikes by the dozens.
CROSSFIRE: Didn't know they made DJ Octavio a playable character...
Calamari of Duty: Underpass at War [Veteran Difficulty]: In which Smashley decides to fully embrace the troll and I am now able to practice calligraphy eternally with all this fuckin' ink I'm covered in.
Training With GAF - The Salty Splatoon: Getting rocked when you use your main and try to learn with it when you don't use it often enough in one mode clearly means it's time to sit up and get real.
Sloshers Are Bullshit: Watch as four team members try to hold back a tsunami with the equivalent of a square of paper towel. No holding back, this weapon is going to be a pain in the ASS to deal with. Better get ready for four man Slosher teams during Splat Zone rotations!
It's zink brand

Heng

I'm down to play in an all S rank squad if you want, although I won't be using discord, if that's a problem

Edit: I don't usually use dual squelchers in ranked, but since you are a charger Violet, I will stick with them for now I guess.
I'm down if I can bring the Splatling gun in there.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
On Discord now, looking for a squad. Warning, scrub B rank (heeeey, I've seen A- at least), but I do have voice chat as an option. :p

WALKMAN04

I'm down if I can bring the Splatling gun in there.
We have a squad at the moment, but I'm down to play around in squads later with any weapon since we can't lose points.

Edit: also for Panic and Revven, if you guys aren't happy with whatever point amounts they are giving you guys because of us don't be afraid to quit.

NotLiquid

Since the Discord solution seems to be taking off I took the liberty to preemptively put it in the second OT post with community info. Right now that's unfortunately going to be the only actual update I'll have done in time for OT4. I'm going to have to update some things like the multiplayer info / FAQ etc. but that's going to have to be during the weekend since I'm going to be super preoccupied on Friday.

Heng

We have a squad at the moment, but I'm down to play around in squads later with any weapon since we can't lose points.

Edit: also for Panic and Revven, if you guys aren't happy with whatever point amounts they are giving you guys because of us don't be afraid to quit.
The problem lies with those who are not S. They probably wouldn't appreciate me messing around in a squad battle.

GGs to those in SM239 room, it was fun.

SM239

Was that Kas using the Splatling? :O

Splatling gun is so much fun. Sure there are times where I know If I had a full auto shooter I would make it out alive, but I don't care. The thing is just too much fun.

Gonna break for a bit. GGs all.

Top Bottom