• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Heng

Holy shit that comeback lol. Nedcone, if Ryechu goes afk again, just play as you normally would. Don't make it a 2v4.

WALKMAN04

I desperately tried to get a kraken in the last minute but apparently that wasn't necessary
I think I took out 3 of them before my death, just so panic and I think Revven too could ride the tower

Edit: the beginning of that one was very laggy for me, Glad it turned around

Geg

Wow that last one was too close for comfort, great push at the end though. Gonna stop there

Thanks for that final bubbler Heng lol

ryechu

Holy shit that comeback lol. Nedcone, if Ryechu goes afk again, just play as you normally would. Don't make it a 2v4.

There is like a timer or something, you cant stay unreadied forever. I didn't know that. I went out to take my dog to pee. Sorry.

Geg

Wow that last one was too close for comfort, great push at the end though. Gonna stop there

Thanks for that final bubbler Heng lol

Wait no, you were using the range blaster. Thanks for that final bubbler Africanus

jholmes

Are you using the grey Zapper? I think that one has Splat Bombs, so you could try using those to create space between you and the enemy Sloshers. If you're using the orange Zapper, then I guess you'll have to figure out how to out-maneuver them.

I am doing OG grey Zapper and I may have to use bombs way more now (as in up from barely ever) with these Sloshers. The Zapper's best getting way up in everyone's grill though, or at least that's how I play it, so this is going to take an adjustment.

Sloshers Are Bullshit: Watch as four team members try to hold back a tsunami with the equivalent of a square of paper towel. No holding back, this weapon is going to be a pain in the ASS to deal with. Better get ready for four man Slosher teams during Splat Zone rotations!

Sloshers can take advantage of those tiny boxes that block every shot and still kill you. They can attack high ledges with ease, effectively shutting down sniper perches. It's impossible for snipers to shoot at them because of the ledge blocking shots, but Sloshers have no issue with that. They can Burst Bomb -> Shot combo extremely fast, covering their short range. The 2HKO at every range is actually fairly infuriating. The ink trail starts spreading at the end IIRC, so why not have that be a 3HKO? They have really a fairly fast fire rate, is fairly ink efficient (why), are pretty mobile, and have good range. They laugh at inkwalls.

*Deep breath* THAT SAID, they're really only a problem at tight or cramped spaces with a fair amount of cover. Good luck having them do well at places like Kelp Dome. They're excellent at Walleye because of of the small space. They work really well at the center of Arowana. They're ok at the center islands of Bluefin (me as a Splatling and Ryechu as a Slosher), and they do ok at the Park, capable of shutting down the popular sniper perches, but there's a lot of obstacles, even for them. They're not that great at the top of Saltspray when it's neutral.

Keep in mind that these are observations based off of me using the Splatling and watching streams. Slosher is dangerous at the grates on Kelp, especially that one fork into the bases. I tried killing the Slosher there, but the billboard on the rails blocked my shots and he just flung ink over them. My plays were extremely limited there. Back up, and he has the high ground into my base. Go forward, and I risk getting 2HKO'd if my aim isn't true. Go backwards and he can turn into my base and wreak havoc as I fail at shooting him down from the grates because of the various obstacles. The only viable option in that scenario if I want to kill him is to actually toss an inkwall before the turn into my base and charge up with what little ink I have and hope I don't miss.

The Bluefin islands give a different issue. You can't aim up as a Splatling to get them from above because of the bridge, the high perches can't hit them if they're hugging the center wall, inkwall approaches are useless because lol Slosher toss, etc. I believe Splatling vs Slosher at that spot is actually mostly a stalemate because the Slosher risks getting shot by the Splatling fire.

DaBoss

Discord can be used as a text chat solution as well. That's what most people in there are using it for (including myself). It works very nicely.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Was that Kas using the Splatling? :O

Splatling gun is so much fun. Sure there are times where I know If I had a full auto shooter I would make it out alive, but I don't care. The thing is just too much fun.

Gonna break for a bit. GGs all.

Yes, I was haha. It's actually a lot of fun to use I think I may use it as a nice alternative to my Krakon Roller.

Top Bottom