• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

Jims

After talking about Echolocator in the last thread, decided to try a potential Splatfest setup with the Dual Squelcher. I think you'd be able to do with this all Echolocator weapons.

Went Ink Saver hat/Splatfest shirt/Special Charge Up shoes.

(Had to pay Spyke the 30K to upgrade the shoes. Bah.)

It's a very vanilla setup with the special abilities, but I found it highly effective in terms of spamming the other team with Echolocator. By the time my weapon was empty, the special had turned on, I re-filled again, and continued to paint. On a huge map like Kelp Dome, I could sometimes empty my tank twice before getting into a serious 2v1 skirmish or something like that. Getting the first Echolocator off slowed the enemy's approach to the middle as well... My team would usually catch up to me and re-group while the other team played passively. Saving one for the last 30 seconds can be infinitely more helpful in holding a lead.

It's a great setup for scoring a toooooooon of points and general game management. Although without a Stealth Jump or Ink Resistance, you can get yourself in a lot of trouble when you fall behind. I found it was also easy to fall into the trap of infinitely painting too much and getting either sniper'd or Inkzooka'd.

If the goal is to push around noobs during Splatfest and win a bunch of matches for your team, it's a pretty exploitable setup.

Xeteh

Damn, I was worried I posted too much in the last thread but Azure has me covered.

Looking forward to hearing about the new mode, won't be able to try it for a few hours.

Ozium

how you guys liking Tower mode?

Im eating right now will play in a bit..

edit: i see above splat zones is gone... shameful

Enforced

I can't believe my stupid miiverse post got that much "yeah" lmao
KJUI8Ou.png
haha I understood that.

J@hranimo

Banned
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Tower Control is a go!

Underpass and Depot for Turf Wars

Underpass and Warehouse for Tower Control (Ranked)

...a bit late to this but oh well lol

Geg

My first match went the full 5 minutes but we won 68-58. My KD was 19-9. That was completely insane

Top Bottom