• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT3| Feel Good Ink

This new mode is fantastic! My team lost the first match we played but thanks to two chained clutch Bubblers teammates we made an improbable come-from-behind victory in overtime. Won the next one by knockout. I think in this mode there's going to be a better chance of non-KO victories so even if your team loses you'll still get some points and cash.

I need to get some sleep but I'm really looking forward to playing more of this mode.

jmizzal

Oh. Wish it would alternate

the rotating mode strategy made since when they thought it up, which is when they prob thought the game wouldnt sale this great, and was afraid it wouldnt be enough people online so lets force everybody in the same modes.

But the game has sold over a mil, there is plenty of people online, let use choose what mode we want to play, like every single online game.

Geg

I just played a game where me and one other guy rode the tower the entire way without the enemy taking it once. It was over in less than a minute. Fucking amazing

Kaban

This mode is stressing me OUT. Will have to experiment with weapons and just accept the fact that I'll go down two ranks tonight

Geg

Team just wouldn't get on the bloody tower :/

Yeah there were points when me and another person on the tower would splat each other and no one would be on it, but they kept shooting at it. I tried spamming booyah to let them know it was free to take and I think it might have worked? Hard to tell

Azure J

Anyone else getting an error code 103-1407 "unable to connect to network device" when attempting to go online? I got into a long loop of this that started with a strange "connection unstable" message midway through a match in the new Tower mode.

FWIW, I'm using a corded connection.

jmizzal

This mode is stressing me OUT. Will have to experiment with weapons and just accept the fact that I'll go down two ranks tonight

It took me a month to get C rank, i'm already C+ in one night with tower control lol i'm doing good on this mode

ryechu

the rotating mode strategy made since when they thought it up, which is when they prob thought the game wouldnt sale this great, and was afraid it wouldnt be enough people online so lets force everybody in the same modes.

But the game has sold over a mil, there is plenty of people online, let use choose what mode we want to play, like every single online game.

I still dont think there are enough people playing throughout the day to allow ranked and unranked versions of all 3 modes. It seems like half of NA is still lvl 14 or something. It takes me 130 seconds between ranked mathces when i play at midnight PST.

Funny, after this rage post I got it.

It's a bit trickier to hold as well as hold off enemies. I like it.
Yeah, I just got it as well. Definitely more interesting, given the turns, height variations, and line of sight, but I think I liked it more than the warehouse.

Spawn seemed further away from the end though. Was easier to finish after a certain point.

-Horizon-

Whoops, posted in OT2 by accident lol

This is where I was supposed to post my comment on tower control but welp.

Anyway, I had 3 matches, won 2 lost 1. One of the games I won went into overtime. Dual squelcher helped.

Top Bottom