• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon |OT4| You're a detriment to your squad

Moondrop

Banned
Why are people predicting hoverboards will be more popular? I love Back to the Future II as much as the next 80s kid, but how can levitation ever beat flight?

Edit: If I was EU my splatfest name would be Rocketeer.

Also QQ that NA has to wait longer than the other regions for our fest.

L95

Why are people predicting hoverboards will be more popular? I love Back to the Future II as much as the next 80s kid, but how can levitation ever beat flight?

Also QQ that NA has to wait longer than the other regions for our fest.

NA should've a Birthright/Conquest Splatfest <.<

Man how frustrating.... i am trying to climb the ranked ladder now and for the life of me i just can NOT get past B-!!

It's even more frustrating when i am pretty much always the best player in my team and constantly do my part, get tons of kills, keep winning splatzones etc. but in the end we almost always get our asses handed to us as a team.

Like this, it's pretty much impossible to climb the ladder! Does this mean that i am constantly going up against organized teams of friends etc. or is it just REALLY bad luck that i get stuck with a bunch of suckers on a constant basis LOL ?

Just needed to vent after my 5 game in a row losing streak now ugh

Just saw the dialogue for the EU Splatfest. Callie giving off all of these Jet Set Radio vibes. I love it.

I also really like that inklings are included in the shirt art more frequently. Makes it more interesting to look at.

looooool git told westerners ;) ;) ;)

2FMGVlF.jpg

Just for fun, here's the splatfest results for all 3 regions currently:

North America:
-Callie: 8
-Marie: 3

Europe:
-Callie: 7
-Marie: 4

Japan:
-Callie: 6
-Marie: 6

All 3 regions combined:
-Inkling: 0
-Spyke: 34

Edit: I'm starting to think that Marie's numbers represent the average player skill for each region, NA's incredibly low, Japan is the highest, and EU is in between.

Moondrop

Banned
Disney with their movie Frozen and "Do you want to build a snowman?"
Right, haven't got around to seeing that yet. So if a significant portion of children will pick snowman, that makes me feel even better about my choice.

Maybe I'll even get to splat some extra Mom and Dad miis as a bonus.

Dr. Buni

Man how frustrating.... i am trying to climb the ranked ladder now and for the life of me i just can NOT get past B-!!

It's even more frustrating when i am pretty much always the best player in my team and constantly do my part, get tons of kills, keep winning splatzones etc. but in the end we almost always get our asses handed to us as a team.

Like this, it's pretty much impossible to climb the ladder! Does this mean that i am constantly going up against organized teams of friends etc. or is it just REALLY bad luck that i get stuck with a bunch of suckers on a constant basis LOL ?

I am stuck on B+ for a while now. I go all the way up to the 90s, then down to the 50s.

To be honest, I don't really care that much about ranking, but it would be nice to move on from B...

Blues1990

If you want, I can join up with you for some ranked games. I've been wanting to play with some of the people on NeoGAF, so if you want to add me, my NNID is ChickenPotPie23.

Team Snowman reporting for duty.

Yeah, I'm so fed up with picking the side that I actually want, only for the matches to not win in my favour, due to how unstable the connection is. Seriously, I voted for Pokemon Blue, only for when I opened up the game again & I was on the Red Team. And no matter what I did, none of my hits connect and I received a solid-gold ass beating.

ss-hikaru

The new Splatfest is basically ranked mode with turf war rules.

Your starting fest power depends on your rank.

C-~C+ 1000
B-~B+ 1200
A-~A+ 1400
S,S+ 1600

I'm at A rank, starts at 1400, winning gives you 10 power and 7(5+2) fest points.

Ah, I see! I did make the observation that I didn't get teamed or matched against anyone lower than about Level 38, and I guess that's because most A rankers are at least around that Level or so. I wonder how many fest points you get as a S ranker.

I really like the new splatfest changes. Matches were pretty tight, we made some good comebacks and lost a couple of close ones. Overall the experience was greatly improved. I experienced slightly longer waits for matchmaking, although this could be because I was on the more popular team for once. I noticed that I never got matched against a team with greater than 50 fest power greater or lesser than my team's average fest power. Also I felt like team mates tended to stick around for longer than usual :p

ChrisD

Snowmen are ruined forever in my eyes because of friggin' Frozen. Three nieces, two younger sisters, endless "Do You Wanna' Build a Snowman" and "Let it Go".

Sand castles for me, definitely.

Ah, I see! I did make the observation that I didn't get teamed or matched against anyone lower than about Level 38, and I guess that's because most A rankers are at least around that Level or so. I wonder how many fest points you get as a S ranker.

I really like the new splatfest changes. Matches were pretty tight, we made some good comebacks and lost a couple of close ones. Overall the experience was greatly improved. I experienced slightly longer waits for matchmaking, although this could be because I was on the more popular team for once. I noticed that I never got matched against a team with greater than 50 fest power greater or lesser than my team's average fest power. Also I felt like team mates tended to stick around for longer than usual :p

S rank players should get 8(6+2) points when winning.

Moondrop

Banned
Team Sandcastles in the Sand, go! My splatfest name will be R. Sparkles.

Only decision left is which weapon to learn. Narrowed it down to classic squiffer, inkbrush nouveau, or custom range blaster.

I suppose I should be grateful that the first song that pops into my head about building a snowman isn't from an overhyped Disney film.

So annoyed with Callie's Splatfest dialogue--just baffling. I'm not invested at all in the results either. The only thing I'm truly looking forward to is seeing the changes to the Splatfest system.

Top Bottom