• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

Yeah. It's on the table in the middle of the room and then it gets put in front of you when you finish the tape. It's clearly a reference to PSLAM 137:9 but what it has to do with solving the riddle is anyone's guess.

It might be everything ... it has a 7.. could be a huge clue :(

Try putting your headphones on when you see the ones in the game. Say stuff maybe.

Actually that looks more like a be quiet type of clue.. mess with the audio options .. those are noise cancellation headphones..

And at the beginning of the video .. the guy talks about audio and mentions ADR which is also muting of an existing video...

Oh boy .....

Seik

Banned
Did it beat PT yet? By this I mean the time frame before people figured the demo out.

I think someone managed to beat PT within 24 hours, right?

That is, if there IS anything to figure out, but so far I'm convinced there is.

Kinsei

Banned
Actually that looks more like a be quiet type of clue.. mess with the audio options .. those are noise cancellation headphones..

And at the beginning of the video .. the guy talks about audio and mentions ADR which is also muting of an existing video...

Oh boy .....

If you mute all other sounds and crank up the voice volume you can hear some whispering.

Did it beat PT yet? By this I mean the time frame before people figured the demo out.

Didn't it take over a week to figure out how to get through P.T? I'm pretty sure the first couple that beat it just got lucky and everyone was trying to recreate what they did with little success. Since some people from P.T worked on this game, they probably wanted to avoid past mistakes and make it very hard, if not impossible, to luck your way through.

charpunk

Pretty sure people got the silent hills video within a few hours after the demo going up.

It might be everything ... it has a 7.. could be a huge clue :(

Yeah. Lots of numbers and dates.

production code for the tape that always stood out:

JUN, 01, 2017: 10:23PM
Clancy Javis
Abadnoned house

Vhjs156 ik-89bv Hjkl

Derelict House, June 1

Dulvey Haunted house - Rehearsal

584fdUS-0051/09990"

Then we have the one from the intro to the game, before the title screen:

June 1, 2016 11:40PM
Operator: Male (Clancy)
Inside house

C00s513 tx-26ks Jsiaf

"Kiitchen"

Found with same house as seen in footage.

4fdUS-00551/90009

and the time stamp on the tape that suddenly changes counting from 1:43:18+ to 16:45:22 for a few frames when you finish watching it, which seems very deliberate. Theres also the two time stamps of 32:48:11 and 91:14:24 that don't change in the bottom right corner. Most of this probably means nothing, but the time stamp jump could be something

The clock in both time periods is also at 7:47, could be a broken clock but you hear a distinct ticking when near it.

ethomaz

Banned

2 hours to beat PT.

gafneo

Banned

Oh boy .....

You might be right. I cranked up the virtual audio in the settings and it prob stops me from uncovering clues.

Persona7

Banned

PT was figured out in like two hours or so.

RootCause

There has to be. Every item serves a purpose. We just haven't found it yet.
I just can't imagine them throwing two items in there for a laugh. :p

Descriptions is spot on for the other items, why wouldn't it be for the finger, and the axe. :x
So stumped.

ethomaz

Banned
Have anybody tried to make the phone ring to get family guy attention and instead to answer the phone just go out via the back door???

Dalek

Ōkami;207130100 said:
Look at the picture from a certain angle and you'll see a skull.

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-confused.gif

Try putting your headphones on when you see the ones in the game. Say stuff maybe.
Might be dumb but say everyone is dead maybe or aunt Rhoda everyone is dead referencing the aunt Rhoda song? It is new lyrics the folk song says something about a goose being dead not everyone is dead.

ethomaz

Banned
There has to be. Every item serves a purpose. We just haven't found it yet.
I just can't imagine them throwing two items in there for a laugh. :p

Descriptions is spot on for the other items, why wouldn't it be for the finger, and the axe. :x
So stumped.
The axe says you can use to defense yourself and holding the defense button you can use two handed moves with axe.

Kyolux

Maybe if we can make out what is being said, something will happen if we repeat it back into the mic!

How about the other way around. Maybe Andre heard some voices and that's why he went alone? If you mute the voice track, maybe he doesn't hear it??

Spoo

How about the other way around. Maybe Andre heard some voices and that's why he went alone? If you mute the voice track, maybe he doesn't hear it??

I actually muted the voice track for an entire playthrough because I was sick of hearing the dialogue. Andre still does his thing ;)

Keihart

May be nothing but anyway. In the main screen, where you see "Press Any Button" if you leave it for a while you'll hear some little girls whisper something.
So i tried recording it to play it louder and surprise surprise, share video has no sound in that moment, nothing at all, The audio can't be recorded with share there.

I'm super curious now.

Edit: It is not the ussual mumble you hear the rest of the time, but some little girls laughing and then whispering.

Jawmuncher

May be nothing but anyway. In the main screen, where you see "Press Any Button" if you leave it for a while you'll hear some little girls whisper something.
So i tried recording it to play it louder and surprise surprise, share video has no sound in that moment, nothing at all, The audio can't be recorded with share there.

I'm super curious now.

Interesting. I left it on there and heard something as well, but didn't make it out.

Persona7

Banned

I'm super curious now.

Just re-listened earlier and it is "I'm outside the door"

Top Bottom