• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Spoilers] Resident Evil 7 Demo: "There's More, Right?" Edition

consoul

I just got welcomed to the Family in the TV room after getting the axe and answering the phone.

I thought the TV room was safe. Nope.

I have no capture cards. It's pretty obvious though. Just stand to the right of the mirror until the numbers pop up. They reflect off of light. It's very clear.

I mean i see a clear symbol on the black surface (which i wouldn't call a mirror, but its the only thing around the area you described) with the dots, but i'm not seeing numbers. Also, you're playing on a PS4, just hit the share button to take a screenshot and upload it to twitter (better option imo) or facebook. It takes a few seconds.

If you mute all other sounds and crank up the voice volume you can hear some whispering.
I swear I hear what sounds like a man's voice when I did this, but it always overlaps with your character's breathing, so I can't make anything out. But that could also just be my ears playing tricks on me...

I wonder if the lockpick can be used in another spot?
I was wondering about that too. Or if you pick it up in the past but don't use it, would it appear in the present? So basically you could use the lockpick on the door instead of the key, and you wouldn't get attacked by the family man.

I tried a few scenarios like this but didn't have any luck. As far as I can tell, its only use is to unlock the drawer with the ax.

Soulflarz

Banned
the magic bullet has bonded us for life bro
FO LYFE

Ck9orvIXAAAeC3e.jpg

hmph

Try some of the lyrics from the song in the trailer? :p
I really don't know what we can say. Maybe something to do with the notes?
I mentioned earlier to try "everyone is dead" since it tells you to go tell aunt Rhodie everyone is dead at the headphones upstairs but someone said they're ear muffs so couldn't hurt trying to say it in the phone.

Kalentan

Maybe it's just me but anyone actually find the voice acting and writing to actually be quite solid for a demo?

Also I can't be the only one that thinks Andre looks like how Tony Hawk does in some of his older games.

I mentioned earlier to try "everyone is dead" since it tells you to go tell aunt Rhodie everyone is dead at the headphones upstairs but someone said they're ear muffs so couldn't hurt trying to say it in the phone.

Damn good idea, going to give it a go. Being that your character actually speaks, i don't think this really is the right path but certainly worth a go.

Shauni

Maybe it's just me but anyone actually find the voice acting and writing to actually be quite solid for a demo?

Also I can't be the only one that thinks Andre looks like how Tony Hawk does in some of his older games.

The voice acting for the two tv show guys is fine to me. I guess Family is okay too, but I don't know if one can rate his performance on, "Welcome to the Family, son!" alone.

DNAbro

Okay finally got to play through the demo. I watched a bit yesterday, wasn't the fuse supposed to be on the table after the vhs video portion? I didn't pop up for me.

tmtyf

Someone on Reddit just posted there is a chest in the attic and the mannequin finger looks like a chest key

Spoo

What I don't understand are the German hints.

I mean, okay, taken at face value, what more can be done realistically with the axe and picture? Suppose that the progress on that front, if it exists, is completely independent from any events triggered up to that point with the exception of the necessary ones (ie, getting the lockpick, the axe, etc). The picture can be rotated arbitrarily iirc, so there's a possibility -- however slight -- that a particular rotation can initiate something, but how would we know?

As far as the axe, it would seem obvious that the "event" referenced would be what happens after you answer the phone, but it's been attempted numerous times to use L2 and R2 to defend/attack the family man. We've probably beaten the walls bloody with the axe in the attack.

What haven't we really done, if we're not including different permutations of events up to that point?

Kalentan

The voice acting for the two tv show guys is fine to me. I guess Family is okay too, but I don't know if one can rate his performance on, "Welcome to the Family, son!" alone.

I don't know why but the way Andre corrected the guy on them not being hillbillies and how they weren't backwards, just quiet. It's not a lot but it's some nice effort put in. Maybe it's just me. xD

Though I've heard it so many times on streams now.

Top Bottom