• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaiji 10

I can't wait for the inevitable failure of Sakazaki's plan necessitating quick thinking from Kaiji to barely save them from utter ruin.

Ano Hana 9

There are two main complaints I have. First, we have never gotten a good look at how the Peace Busters interacted as kids. Their past relationships and personalities have been all been told to us by their older selves. This makes it impossible to accept everyone's idolization of Menma and the romantic web that has developed. The way these characters interact with each other is not convincing.

Second, the show's taken such trouble up to now to keep Menma's status ambiguous from everyone but Jintan, yet suddenly she's acting very unambiguously ghostlike what with floating objects and ghost-writing and the like. And she's still invisible to everyone but Jintan. Either make her visible for everyone or stick to one kind of ghost behavior; the shift in tone is too much to handle.

survivor

Banned
Ano Hana 9

What a beautiful trainwreck this show has become. Only 2 more episodes and the suffering ends. At least now that my expectations have been shattered, there is no way to be disappointed by the ending.

Dresden

duckroll 37
Unknown Soldier 34
Articalys 30
zeroshiki 24
Lafiel 17
Izayoi 17
trejo 15
cosmicblizzard 13
Dresden 12
hosannainexcelsis 10
7Th 10
tiff 9
Trojita 9
Nonoriri 8
Infinite Justice 8
Hitokage 8
InfiniteNine 8
Hellsing321 8
firehawk12 8
Steroyd 7
Branduil 7
Instro 7
flawfuls 6
Jexhius 6
Miri 6
RIP Jexhius

All hail Duckroll

iavi

Jexhius said:
Well I don't see why there wouldn't be.

Well I don't see why there wouldn't be.

???

Looking at the images and other information released from the show before it aired and even in the man GAF thread...I don't see what exactly the premise promised? It's not like the show specifically led you to believe it was something other than itself.
it's been what it promised, for the most part. That ep specifically felt like needless filler, to clarify.

and as far as the psyche/Supernatural elemants go. The creepy little girl, glowing, and the fox? Or are those cultural references that I'm not getting?

Hitokage said:
Jexhius always gives everyone else a head start. Why crush hopes that haven't risen yet?

This is just a temporary 2nd Spring thread until the Summer thread, right? So a victory in this temporary thread is meaningless because YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD.

Articalys

Miri said:
it's been what it promised, for the most part. That ep specifically felt like needless filler, to clarify.

and as far as the psyche/Supernatural elemants go. The creepy little girl, glowing, and the fox? Or are those cultural references that I'm not getting?
I wonder, what are the odds the last episode will end with some sort of time-skip/flash-forward where an adult Ohana is now the inn's manager?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Unknown Soldier said:
This is just a temporary 2nd Spring thread until the Summer thread, right? So a victory in this temporary thread is meaningless because YOU ARE ALREADY DEAD.
Victory may be meaningles for some, but defeat is unacceptable.

tiff

Banned
Unknown Soldier said:
Just sounds like you're giving up to me!

Miri said:

I dunno, but I hope that little girl shows up more.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Gvaz said:
is there a space anime out this year?

I want the star trek the original series of animes

I just want Planetes 2 :(

But I guess there is as much hope for that as there is for Spice & Wolf 3.

I don't have much time these days, but I'm thinking of starting either Wondering Son, or Ano Hana, depending on what people say of the ending.

mAcOdIn

Extollere said:
I just want Planetes 2 :(

But I guess there is as much hope for that as there is for Spice & Wolf 3.

I don't have much time these days, but I'm thinking of starting either Wondering Son, or Ano Hana, depending on what people say of the ending.
While I doubt we'll ever see more Planates you might get Moonlit Mile season 2 from Funimation if they ever do a re-release.

I'm with ya though, I want more sci-fi and space anime.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
flawfuls said:
Read Saturn Apartments. It's like a far superior Planetes, but with space window cleaners instead of space garbage men.
Blasphemy. Your punishment is 100 hours of listening to all of Hikaru's lines from Kimagure Orange Road on loop.

zeroshiki

mAcOdIn said:
While I doubt we'll ever see more Planates you might get Moonlit Mile season 2 from Funimation if they ever do a re-release.

I'm with ya though, I want more sci-fi and space anime.

Banner IV =/

flawfuls

Hitokage said:
Blasphemy. Your punishment is 100 hours of listening to all of Hikaru's lines from Kimagure Orange Road on loop.

Planetes might be one of the best sci fi anime ever, but Saturn Apartments is still way better. It's a criminally unappreciated masterpiece.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
flawfuls said:
Planetes might be one of the best sci fi anime ever, but Saturn Apartments is still way better. It's a criminally unappreciated masterpiece.
If what you say is indeed true, then you've been holding out!

Steroyd

survivor said:
Ano Hana 9

What a beautiful trainwreck this show has become. Only 2 more episodes and the suffering ends. At least now that my expectations have been shattered, there is no way to be disappointed by the ending.

Never thought about it that way, after the end of ep8 and the whole of ep9 I'm ready for whatever the ending throws at me without realising it.

BRING IT ON!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom