• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring 2011 Anime Thread PART TWO return of sex hair, ghosts, and ZAWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mAcOdIn

A Black Falcon said:
Inukami
Street Fighter II V
Hmmm.... Still no Genshiken?
cosmicblizzard said:
Inukami is awesome. One of the few harem shows where the guy with the harem ISN'T the main character. Also, dog girls.
Ehh, sorta, the guy's harem basically all love the MC but I guess they're not the MC's harem so, well, sorta I guess.

BluWacky

Unknown Soldier said:
The scope of the world in Shangri-La is pretty impressive. I hope whoever drew the backgrounds and environment art for this show is working somewhere better than Gonzo now.

Background art, as is so often the case, wasn't done by Gonzo at all. Backgrounds were done by Atelier Musa.

Erigu said:
Kawakami Tomoko (Utena's voice actress) died yesterday.

RIP. One of the most talented voice actresses of the 90s and 2000s.

Articalys said:
Somehow, I get the feeling that you're really really excited for Pengindrum.

Everyone should be. It's Ikuhara.

Articalys

Izayoi said:
I hope so. I really want to like it. Will definitely be watching the anime to see how it's handled.
I doubt the anime will even get beyond volume 4 of the manga. It's only going to be 11-13 episodes, right?

Izayoi

Banned
Articalys said:
I doubt the anime will even get beyond volume 4 of the manga. It's only going to be 11-13 episodes, right?
I didn't even think about that. Damn. This could be one of the best shows of the summer season.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Articalys said:
Yeah, it's 11-episodes max, which will be enough to cover the first arc of the manga. It will only be a issue if they get a second season order! (which i doubt will happen).

/XX/

duckroll said:
Atelier Musa rocks. You might also have seen their awesome work in recent shows such as Gundam Unicorn and X-Men. :D
Are they related to (or they spawned from) Atelier Roku (07)? It seems like it could be a coincidence derived by the usual meaning of that word, but, I don't know!

7Th

Uchip said:
I had to look at the synopsis to make sure it wasnt some kind of pedodrama
Relief

28h0hfm.gif

X-Frame

I watched Ga-Rei Zero this past week and while I thought it had some good episodes and interesting storylines I thought how it ended sucked. Was such a let down, missing a lot of opportunities IMO.

Just wasn't satisfying at all.

tiff

Banned
A Black Falcon said:
Princess Princess 01 - Crossdressing anime about a boys' school which has certain, prettier boys dress up as girls for the greater good of the rest of the student body.
Sounds almost exactly like Reversible!

Lain

tiff said:
Sounds almost exactly like Reversible!
At least in Reversible it's a pain shared evenly by the whole student body, in PriPri just 3 dudes have to suffer the pain of the lustful gazes and attention of the whole school (PriPri manga was good dumb fun).

tiff

Banned
Lain said:
At least in Reversible it's a pain shared evenly by the whole student body, in PriPri just 3 dudes have to suffer the pain of the lustful gazes and attention of the whole school (PriPri manga was good dumb fun).
Either one sounds good to me.

Cwarrior

Izayoi said:
I hope so. I really want to like it. Will definitely be watching the anime to see how it's handled.

Me too I really want to like it,still looking forward to it but I swear to god if turns into pedodrama am going to break something.

I know I should only be worrying about it if there a season 2 but the slightest hint of it and am bailing out of there.

Jex

Miri said:
Impressions dump!

Hanasaku 10

I'm not seeing the point in this anymore. Granted, it's a slice-of-life, but god; these are such mundane slices. It's not bad to the point of dropping, as it's still charming, and it's production values are as through the roof as ever, but damn. It's hitting me like K-on does atm.
So you're saying it's excellent?

Also, how exactly is the major 'point' in that particular episode similar to K-On!? Sometimes there are important decisions!

trejo

Sket Dance 10

One of the weakest ones thus far. It felt like a bad Scooby Doo episode and I had a lot of trouble being interested in what was going on.

Kimi ni Todoke parodies are also lost on me because I will never, ever watch that show.

Miyu TV 13-14

If this were a battle shounen that little rescue arc would've taken at least some 15 or so episodes. Thankfully, characters here know how to get shit done efficiently and in a timely manner.

So, we get to see some backstory on Miyu's and Larva's relationship and in the process we also see Miyu show more emotion than in all previous episodes combined. There was also this little subplot with some good Shinmas but who cares about them, really. Also, Larva and Garline? They just used to be friends I'm tellin' ya. Honest.

Good stuff.

iavi

Jexhius said:
So you're saying it's excellent?

Also, how exactly is the major 'point' in that particular episode similar to K-On!? Sometimes there are important decisions!
that choice felt so contrived. They hinted at a few things, yeah, but I'd almost prefer they not bring the psyche/supernatural elemants into the show.

as good as its production values are, I watch hanasaku because its premise promises something more than highschool girls doing simple shit. This ep.. It didn't really feel as if it lived up to that.

Articalys

duckroll said:
7th is weak, here is the clean hi-res version of that scan: http://i.imgur.com/wXoPd.jpg
I can do something useful! Apparently these are the translations for the infoboxes:

Takakura Himari: "Innocent and idolized by her two brothers. Her health is poor and she's been hospitalized. But what's with this weird outfit?!"

Takakura Kanba: "Has a lively personality and a rough manner of speaking. Good-looking, popular with the ladies, and has a flirty side."

Takakura Shouma: "Every bit as calm as Kanba is lively, but that all changes when it comes to Himari. Good at cooking."

The penguins: "Not just normal penguins, as they can understand what the three siblings say. But the penguins seem to be invisible to everyone else..."

Dresden

Articalys said:
I can do something useful! Apparently these are the translations for the infoboxes:

Takakura Himari: "Innocent and idolized by her two brothers. Her health is poor and she's been hospitalized. But what's with this weird outfit?!"

Takakura Kanba: "Has a lively personality and a rough manner of speaking. Good-looking, popular with the ladies, and has a flirty side."

Takakura Shouma: "Every bit as calm as Kanba is lively, but that all changes when it comes to Himari. Good at cooking."

The penguins: "Not just normal penguins, as they can understand what the three siblings say. But the penguins seem to be invisible to everyone else..."
There better be some incest.

X-Frame said:
I watched Ga-Rei Zero this past week and while I thought it had some good episodes and interesting storylines I thought how it ended sucked. Was such a let down, missing a lot of opportunities IMO.

Read the manga. Gai-Rei Zero is a prequel to it.

Jex

Dresden said:
Well I don't see why there wouldn't be.
Dresden said:
Well I don't see why there wouldn't be.
Miri said:
that choice felt so contrived. They hinted at a few things, yeah, but I'd almost prefer they not bring the psyche/supernatural elemants into the show.
???
Miri said:
....as good as its production values are, I watch hanasaku because its premise promises something more than highschool girls doing simple shit. This ep.. It didn't really feel as if it lived up to that.
Looking at the images and other information released from the show before it aired and even in the man GAF thread...I don't see what exactly the premise promised? It's not like the show specifically led you to believe it was something other than itself.

Izayoi

Banned
Cwarrior said:
Me too I really want to like it,still looking forward to it but I swear to god if turns into pedodrama am going to break something.

I know I should only be worrying about it if there a season 2 but the slightest hint of it and am bailing out of there.
I've read the manga. It's definitely not a pedodrama. The problem I have with it is something else entirely.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
cosmicblizzard said:
Inukami is awesome. One of the few harem shows where the guy with the harem ISN'T the main character. Also, dog girls.
I wasn't going to spoil it for him. It's an inverse harem.
Hilariously he slowly takes away his Cousin's harem.

flawfuls

Uchip said:
Try watching the PV with poor understanding of Japanese
at first i thought it was his grandma as a little girl or something

You aren't too far off. She is technically his aunt and the result of some good old fashioned grandpa sex.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
X-Frame said:

Ending could have been better, but I enjoyed it mostly because it wasn't a reset button ending.

trejo

Denpa Ona 9

Meme continues being amazing. Nothing new there. Oh and the loli astronaut from the OP finally shows up. Not a fuck was given.

For Dresden:
drkJ1l.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Ano Hana 9 - If you find you can only write in one specific book, at least try and save some paper. Don't write in the middle of the bloody page.

trejo

Ano Hana 9

This show has taken quite a nose dive ever since it went full retard with the Menma thing. Not that it was excellence itself before that, mind you.

On the upside, next ep preview shows Anaru wearing a hat. Nice.

icecream

Public Health Threat
DrForester said:
Ending could have been better, but I enjoyed it mostly because it wasn't a reset button ending.
That's because it's the prequel to the manga series. It had to set things up for the continuation, which it did a good job in giving perspective between Yomi and Kagura's past, since it was kinda left hanging early on in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom