• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2015 |OT| The Disappearance of YEAARRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Looking back, I watched some good stuff during the last month or two. DYRL, Flashback 2012, City Hunter, Gunsmith Cats, even weird shit like Twilight Q.

Basically, everything was almost 10/10. Destroying that backlog...apart from the fact that I always add more to the pile once I finish one thing...Really getting into an 80's/90's weird OVA vibe recently.

Those are great OVAS. Gunsmith Cats is one of my golden standards, so theres no shame in that. However, there is such a variety of stuff out there you cant really just pigeonhole it all into "anime is shit". Some of it is gorgeous and amazing.
Otaku will always get theirs because they pay the bills. They buy the merchandise. You dont have to by a ToLoveru or a Highschool DXD. Leave that to them to finance the rest hehee.

I'm still waiting for you to go to bed.

When did anime become a drug for you?

Anime has always been my only drug. It has worked so far in ways I never imagined it would.

Vito

Banned
Oregairu v1

91JxXgDIIEL.jpg
81y5P7R2BtL.jpg

cajunator

Banned
I don't know, sounds like a lot of work.

Sleep deprivation takes a day to do its job. And you get a full 24 hours of anime out of it.

Well thats the good thing. Except anime framerates are slow enough that I get super sleepy and crash hard a few hours in.

Taking drugs for weeks is a horribly inefficient way to change your sleep cycle. But I work overnight, so what do I know about normal sleeping schedules.

working overnight has its challenges. You really can never achieve a consistent sleep cycle.

I've got a Pepsi can here, that's all I've got.

I mean, I wasn't totally out of tune in the sense that I was still quietly accumulating a backlog, but yeah it was all just old stuff, and I wasn't watching anything at the time and even now I don't keep up with new releases, at least until they're done. An example being Space Dandy, my BD should be here in a few days. I guess the most recent thing I watched was KLK, bought into the hype, and I enjoyed it...I'm ashamed of myself.

I'm really bad with sleep, this is how I usually do it, and I do usually survive, but sometimes I doze off by midday :$ That's why I hope Splatoon is here today, that will keep me up I guess. Probably won't be able to watch anything tonight, and I really wanted to finish Romeo by Saturday night! D: Effort and Guts....effort and guts...I can do it.

Why are you shamed of yourself for liking things? Thats preposterous really. If you enjoy something then the entertainment did its job.

If only. I have zero sick time (had to use the last of it for dead people.) But I have plenty of vacation time since it's time I won't really use very much.

It's more like someone quit on my team, and I knew it for months. So right now, I'm the only full time person on my team that knows how everything functions. So I can't afford trips to the hospital or even a vacation day or everything is fucked due to missing a cog.

I know what thats like. I have been working 9 day, 12 hour long shifts (108 hours total) with little time off in between due to constantly training new people. The last one was fired because she couldnt hang with the pressure, and before that two people simply walked out after their first day on their own. It has been rough. I cant watch a lot of anime when Im in that position and it really irritates me.

Oregairu v1

Vito comes along and puts the train back on track.

"Huh 6 new pages?"

Well that was...unexpectedly lame. Disappointed.

edit:
Btw. at the mention of To Love Ru I'll just have to link this [NSFW!]Should You Watch - To Love Ru [NSFW!] by DemolitionD who's my by far favorite YouTube anime content creator. Concise, well edited and humorous (YMMV) videos. The subject of his videos hardly even matters, it's usually worth a watch anyways.

Quasar

Euphonium 6-8 - Caught up now :)

Dunno why I fell behind as these were such great episodes, from the drama of 7 to ten really nice festival episode that was 8. Nice to see a little spotlight to the lone male band member.

8 I especially liked. Such a nice festival episode. It steered clear of all the typical festival scenes and shots you normally get.

And yep. Still adoring Asuka.

Really do think this the best post Hyouka kyoani.

cajunator

Banned
"Huh 6 new pages?"

Well that was...unexpectedly lame. Disappointed.

edit:
Btw. at the mention of To Love Ru I'll just have to link this [NSFW!]Should You Watch - To Love Ru [NSFW!] by DemolitionD who's my by far favorite YouTube anime content creator. Concise, well edited and humorous (YMMV) videos. The subject of his videos hardly even matters, it's usually worth a watch anyways.

Yes, you should watch ToLoveru, because Momo and Mikan are there.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
My Bromance story! 8
Sunakawa best bro and wingman. Him holding the information about his dad so that Takeo can have fun with Yamato give me lot of feel. Takeo really fit well in macho cafe.

cajunator

Banned
and

>_>

<_<

The Popsicle scene

its just cute. But yeah its basically hentai. It gets overbearing after an episode or two but watching a little here or there can be fun. But as someone who doesnt get affected by fanservice in a sexual way, it has very limited appeal. But like most Xebec works it does exactly what that video says it does.
I think this is why I wont go very crazy over Prison School either but that will probably be humorous a lot more than Toloveru.
But still, Momo and Mikan are adorable and the best.

javac

Episode 1 -6
Episode 7 - 12

Another day, another bit of Romeo’s Blue Skies. I only watched four episodes today but these episodes were really good, and I love the direction in which the show is heading. I’ve watched some great stuff thus far, but nothing has really elicited a sense of childhood wonder as much as this show. A show that’s both grim while also being something that both a younger audience and adults alike can enjoy. It’s not what I’d call a standard kids show, but it’s not trying to be super grown up either. Instead, it’s a show that stays true to the harsh realities that surrounded this period and time in history for the poor and young while also focusing on the universal story of two boys becoming brothers. Everything feels genuine.
These will go into episode specifics, so avoid if you want to go into the series clean! Episode 13 picks up where the last one left off, with Romeo running off after being falsely accused of stealing money from his owners, set up by that bastard Anzelmo. Chased by police whom if they get their hands on him will beat the living daylights out of him (which is par for the course in that era), to make matters worse he also bumps into the Wolf Pack who have a score to settle with him. Running for his life through the winding streets of Milan, a shadowy figure saves him just in the nick of time. Romeo finds out that his savior is one of the boys that he previously had assumed to have died out at sea while heading to Milan with the God of Death, Dante. Here Dante explains to Romeo that they have a ticket out of the city, by hitching on a cart. Romeo doesn’t want to leave Angeletta behind of course, at least not on that note, but in the end he succumbs to the plan and decided that he needs to get out saving his life.
While this is going on, Angeletta, who knows the truth, tells her father about Romeo’s innocence, having witnessed first hand Anzelmo framing him. The lady of the house however threatens him to not snitch on their one and only son. She’s a scary lady that’s for sure. The end of the episode sees him getting onto the cart, but one of the female members of the Wolf Pack (who seems to have some sort of soft spot for Romeo) notices that he got onto the wrong cart, one that is filled with explosives.
In Episode 14, we discover that the bomb-ridden cart belongs to a couple that intend to blow up the police station. Romeo, locked in the police station with the explosives escapes, but as he walks away, he decides to go back to the police station in order to warn everybody there about said explosives. Be it chance or luck, his owner happens to be in the police station too, and as the police try and take Romeo away to be locked up, he frantically warns them of the bomb. Of course they don’t believe a little scoundrel like himself, but sure enough the bomb goes off and his warnings save everybody. All a bit convenient for sure, but it all works well in the context of the show and I can suspend some disbelief. Romeo, knocked unconscious in the rubble is tended to by the police and his owner who is grateful for his heroic antics. His owner, moved and touched tells the police the truth, that it was his own Son who is to blame and that Romeo was innocent all along. On his way home, that day, his owner declares Romeo a free man and grants him the ability to become friends with his daughter. His owner removes the bars from Romeo’s room and makes him a proper bed. Honestly, I teared up a lot at the end of this episode and audibly laughed with glee and joy at the end. The way in which you see the man defend Romeo against his own wife and son was super touching and the reunion at the end was beautiful.
Episode 15 with a change of pace deals with Romeos day off, where he goes off to search for his friend, Alfredo. On the way he meets many of his old buddies whom he thought to have been dead at sea, while making new friends, fellow chimney sweepers who’ve been saved and touched by Alfredo in one way or another. Together, they make a pact, to become the Black Brothers, a reference to their soot covered bodies due to the hard work in the chimneys and a reference to the book this is based upon.
Episode 16 continues this arc, but this time focusing on how Romeo feels like a child when next to his friend, the mature Alfredo, only one year older than himself. Romeo vows to finish reading the picture book he was given. I related a lot to this episode and again found it very emotional. It also shows the hardships Alfredo faces and the lengths that he goes to read books which I thought was nicely done. That way, I felt sympathy for both of them.
Overall, four really good, varied episodes which took me in places that I didn’t expect to go. Honestly, words don’t do it justice, from the music and character designs to the voice acting and story, this is the most emotionally invested I’ve been watching a show in a while. Don’t dismiss it as a kids show, not that there’s anything wrong with that label, but this show is really well done.

Quasar

Managed to get to see Tamayura Movie 1.

*sigh*

Getting to see new Tamayura gives me such a case of the warm and fuzzies its not funny.

Really ramping up the life changing vibe, as expected for a final year of high school story.

And a pretty great Sakamoto Maaya song at the end.

I guess if I had one complaint its that they dipped a bit to liberally into shots/bits that are very familiar to show watchers. At least in the first half.

Cornbread78

People were exposed to the glory of the Toothbrush scene. I am pleased

I just finished catching up on the thread from last night, took about 2 hours. classic stuff. I should really visit the NFL thread more often, however, as a rule of thumb I stay away from the sports threads mostly since I'm very passionate about my local teams. I'd get banned and/or shunned from the community for my obtrusive opinions. It was all worth it last night, even though I got a 1/2 hour less sleep, so about 4 1/2, lol. Ya'll just wait

Decided to marathon Beyond the Boundry today for something different.....

cajunator

Banned
I just finished catching up on the thread from last night, took about 2 hours. classic stuff. I should really visit the NFL thread more often, however, as a rule of thumb I stay away from the sports threads mostly since I'm very passionate about my local teams. I'd get banned and/or shunned from the community for my obtrusive opinions. It was all worth it last night, even though I got a 1/2 hour less sleep, so about 4 1/2, lol. Ya'll just wait

Decided to Marathon Beyond the Boundry today for something different.....

A healthy dose of Mirai is good for the soul.

Puruzi

Banned

Decided to Marathon Beyond the Boundry today for something different.....
Beyond the Boundary is pretty good imo. A bunch of people didn't like it though, but it really isn't bad.

Quasar

A healthy dose of Mirai is good for the soul.

Speaking of which, recently I noticed that the aussie streaming service animelab added both mirai and code geass (along with Bebop and Astro Boy) to their back catalog.

Now I've seen neither of those guess I should try them at some point. I guess Geass would be preferable given I liked Valvrave, and yanderes are not my thing.

MSMrRound

Beyond the Boundary really isn't bad.

Best episode.

Well, people have different tastes and all. I admit that Shirobako can get a little dry at times, especially when they get down to using all the technical jargon terms and all, but to me, it was a very well thought-out and well-crafted series that gained me some insight, and made me appreciate the hard work that goes on behind the scenes in the making of some of our favourite animes. I love their parodying of real-life counterparts as well too. To each their own, I guess.

Well, I was enjoying it until halfway where it really just stops making any sense and all and becomes an incoherent mess. But it's also kind of interesting to watch that, I want behind the scenes on how it happened

I kind of enjoyed pretty much the whole show, aside from the downright awful ending that felt like it was the final cour of a 4 cour series condensed into a single episode (or even more than that, felt like the first 15 minutes would have been Episode 39, and then the remaining 5 minutes of the episode were 40-52).

G-Reco was definitely uneven, and a bit of a mess, but it was a Tomino as hell show, and it was something that gave me a lot of personal enjoyment each week. I guess all I can really say is that it's probably not a "good" show, and I wouldn't recommend it to someone who isn't already in pretty deep with Tomino's works, but it worked for me. I followed the story pretty well up through the 25th episode. It was really just the last episode that was completely incomprehensible.

Cornbread78

Beyond the Boundry ep. 1-4:
Damn, this oen is pretty Bloody and dark from the first 30 seconds on. I mean, right at the begining you run into the below:
19br1zs2adj5qjpg.jpg

At least it's explained shortly there after, but damn, dark, dark, dark. He gave into the darkeness to
save the little cutie with glasses, but he is a bag bad mofo when he transforms, damn...
This is pretty interesting stuff overall though. Oh yeah, it looks like two chicks dig the MC, but who knows what will happen, there is no love here.

Midonin

Aikatsu! Akari Generation 135

Meganee: Origins. Seeing Kanae Itou in a major-ish role in a kids show again, it's been a while since then. Even if we did have to sacrifice Yuu again so another transfer student can be brought in. She gets along with the rest of the cast better than Miyabi, but rather than being too aloof, her problem was that she wonders why all of her local idol trappings and fame didn't transfer over to Starlight. "The center of the world.... is Kokone!", complete with a drawn-out pose, is her catchphrase. It's going to be a few years before she becomes demigoddess of a technomagical domain, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere.

Miyabi's back? Hooray!

Anyone here on AnimeGAF consider themselves good with photoshop? God Eater hype is eating at me and I wanted to change my avy, however I wanted to remove the background from this image. I have been trying for the past hour and I can't do it LOL.

Reknoc

Watch your words here closely, friend.

At the start of the gif it looks like they're about to fusion dance but then they don't and then they never do and now I'm not sure why this gif is even allowed to exist. not even going to keep it in the quote it's that upsetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom