• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Sansha Sanyou 12 END

That opening sequence was pure gold. It almost felt like it could be a Nichijou segment, especially with the final twist.

A strong ending to a solid show. Once things got rolling the character dynamics, while simplistic, were consistently enjoyable and so worked well for a comedy. There was just the right amount of chemistry that you'd want from this kind of cast. The loose cartoony animation which showed up regularly brought an extra level of energy which enhanced the comedy as well. This is a good example of what I like to see in frivolous cute girl shows.

So has anyone here experienced a withdrawal from watching anime? For the past couple of months, my anime watch time has been mostly reduced to watching Toonami and maybe the occasional episode of Soul Eater and the like. I've been trying to get back into watching anime more frequently but nothing has stuck and I'm feeling discouraged over it.

Has anyone had to deal with this? If so, how did you get over the rump, so to speak?

So has anyone here experienced a withdrawal from watching anime? For the past couple of months, my anime watch time has been mostly reduced to watching Toonami and maybe the occasional episode of Soul Eater and the like. I've been trying to get back into watching anime more frequently but nothing has stuck and I'm feeling discouraged over it.

Has anyone had to deal with this? If so, how did you get over the rump, so to speak?

If you're not feeling like watching anything, go find another hobby to spend your spare time on. Anime will still be there when you regain motivation.

So many good character designs.

CmFYqalUYAEpaKr.jpg

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Cerberus END

Even if didn't actually contain any cerberus...

10/10, would watch again. Best anime of the season.
But in all, it felt like 13 episode anime suited for 26. But ey, thats the way of anime nowadays.

Aki-at

I wait until something tickles my fancy and then I just back in. Granted I've been watching anime constantly since about February last year but prior to that I only watched a couple of shows before that so I'm playing catch up.

In order to avoid burnout I switch back to other hobbies, plenty of other things to do like art and sport :p

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta

Shonen anime can cause major burnout. I know people who have hollowed out do to Bleach and Naruto, thinking those shows would go places.

That's what I've been doing for a while now. However, the thing is that I want to regain that motivation.

If that's your goal, I would suggest watching some top-of-the-line masterpiece such as Mushishi or Mononoke, or whatever is a personal favorite of yours. Something that can remind you of what you enjoy within the medium.

Aki-at

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood- 40

I was kind of wondering where they were going to write down messages to
avoid Selim noticing their plan. Also didn't see his identity being Pride coming.

A decent
origin
story for Hohenheim but for some reason I cannot not see Rigby from Regular Show when I see the
Father smile in his dwarf form, complete with HOUMOOOOOUS quote.

Quasar

Naah. Not really. When there's nothing current to watch I just dip into the backlog or rewatch stuff.

Though compared to many I'm still a newbie..only been watching anime for 3-4 years. So I haven't hit any burnout state.

Shonen anime can cause major burnout. I know people who have hollowed out do to Bleach and Naruto, thinking those shows would go places.

Actually, it wasn't Shonen anime that caused the burnout for me, it was school. Now that I'm done school for the summer, I want to catch up on my backlog, and that hasn't worked out like I had hoped.

If that's your goal, I would suggest watching some top-of-the-line masterpiece such as Mushishi or Mononoke, or whatever is a personal favorite of yours. Something that can remind you of what you enjoy within the medium.

That could work actually. I think I have something in mind...

sora87

I just got done with Erased, wow, not a lot of series have kept me that hooked in a long time. Truly riveting all the way.

Baalzebup

In lieu of anime and AX being in a few days and me being lazy on backlogs and ZTD I decided to do something far more masochistic and self flagellating then watching anime so I started Drakengard 1 and I hate myself

pffft you're a fool

i already know ending e tho, thats all anyone talks about for that game

HAHAHA! Excellent choice. Ending E is funny that way, since it really does overshadow the rest of the game due to the sheer mindfuck of it all, but the way there is actually what makes the game itself so damn *fun*. The other endings and the chapters that are unlocked after the first ending are the real meat and potatoes of that Yoko Taro brand of crazy.

L.O.R.D

Boku no Hero Academia 13

when the facepalm man return to the bar,he was talking to someone called master
i don't want to know who he is,i want to know who is the actor,i heard his voice before.
also the other guy too.

Moaradin

Boku no Hero Academia 13

when the facepalm man return to the bar,he was talking to someone called master
i don't want to know who he is,i want to know who is the actor,i heard his voice before.
also the other guy too.

Akio Ootsuka aka Solid Snake.

Dunno about the other guy though.

Pleased to report two things:

1- You can play as Lenka Utsugi in God Eater Resurrection (they included what was the anime DLC from Japan to our base game).

2- ZTD is actually pretty damn fucking good story wise (even with some technical clunkiness here and there). I was sceptical because of some footage I saw, but I'm happy to report that with 2hrs in, I am all in. English dub is great, Japanese voices don't match the characters that well. Anyway, Uchikoshi, take me home.

So yeah. Gonna have to put a stop on some of my off season watches for a bit (Gurren Lagann, Space Patrol Luluco) since these two are definitely going to eat a hefty chunk of the short time I get after work and before sleep. Let's not forget the Summer season starts... this week in some cases? I'm screwed.

Pleased to report two things:

1- You can play as Lenka Utsugi in God Eater Resurrection (they included what was the anime DLC from Japan to our base game).

2- ZTD is actually pretty damn fucking good story wise (even with some technical clunkiness here and there). I was sceptical because of some footage I saw, but I'm happy to report that with 2hrs in, I am all in. English dub is great, Japanese voices don't match the characters that well. Anyway, Uchikoshi, take me home.

So yeah. Gonna have to put a stop on some of my off season watches for a bit (Gurren Lagann, Space Patrol Luluco) since these two are definitely going to eat a hefty chunk of the short time I get after work and before sleep. Let's not forget the Summer season starts... this week in some cases? I'm screwed.

VIDEO GAMES ARE BAD.

VIDEO GAMES ARE BAD.

I went through a gaming drought for a minute, and wasn't ready for the wave of incoming games that began falling on me today. I have more preorders in for the upcoming weeks, however at the current pace I am playing these two in... it just isn't realistic. Gonna have to do a ton of cuts on crap I don't need. Or else I can kiss my sanity good bye.

Entertainment is hard work.

Yeah they're why you're not watching delta

I've got so much to finish its not even funny.

I need to finish Penguindrum and Lie in April for watchbets, there's the rest of Doremi S1, the last and now I just started Concrete Revolutio.

And this freaking game keeps pulling me away from them.

Quasar

VIDEO GAMES ARE BAD.

Now thats a medium I fell off the wagon on and struggle getting back on. Sure I read lots of games media, and buy games but what ends up happening is a play a game for a couple of hours and then just give up and return to anime untill the next 'maybe this will get me back in' game happens. But unless its Civ or a Paradox game it inevitably fails to capture my interest.

In lieu of anime and AX being in a few days and me being lazy on backlogs and ZTD I decided to do something far more masochistic and self flagellating then watching anime so I started Drakengard 1 and I hate myself

Wow. Drakengard wasn't good when it came out. I played it then.

I can't imagine how bad it feels now.

Sansha Sanyou 12 END

Finally got around to finishing this last night and it ended on a great episode. The dream sequence nearly had me fooled as well and was probably one of the better gags they had in the show. This was one of the better SoL I've seen this year and I absolutely lover the way they animated things in this show as well. I'd recommend it to anyone and loves SoL shows.

New Blue Exorcist TV anime coming in 2017.

I find this really difficult to believe, given the quality of the two voice tracks I heard in the trailers.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sansha Sanyou 12 END

That opening sequence was pure gold. It almost felt like it could be a Nichijou segment, especially with the final twist.

A strong ending to a solid show. Once things got rolling the character dynamics, while simplistic, were consistently enjoyable and so worked well for a comedy. There was just the right amount of chemistry that you'd want from this kind of cast. The loose cartoony animation which showed up regularly brought an extra level of energy which enhanced the comedy as well. This is a good example of what I like to see in frivolous cute girl shows.

Yeah, it's an example of a perfectly good but unremarkable all girl comedy anime.

Top Bottom