• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT2| Justice is Over!

Line_HTX

I tried a few of the episodes dubbed and my mind was warped in mindfu(k trying to readjust what character was saying what, so I switched back....

Didn't sound bad though, jut I was in too deep to switch at that point.

It's reporting day dammit... Only a few thousand records to go through.. Ugghh

Boo, Kiritobread, boo.

:T

blurr

Idolm@ster CG S2 05

Another fine episode with multiple interesting themes and neat presentation but before that, major WTF revelation:
Anzu and Kirari are the same age
- this episode does explain why they act the way do as well. Kanako and Chieri were really interesting to watch - both were acting out of their fears to a point that they become irrational.

I noticed how Chieri in particular was relying on superstition to retain her confidence but didn't expect the show to call it out and even advice against doing that which was impressive. Kanako rewards herself with candy/sweets, you see her trying to take a cookie as soon as the Producer said something positive about her performance but when Chieri says they didn't do well, she hesitates to eat. Eventually, Kanako ends up dieting and jogging which would seem fine but she is basically punishing herself for not doing well. It reached to a point that her punishment interfered with what she was striving for. Chieri and Kanako did their job as some sort of an obligation when they really needed to get involved in the work.

Towards the end they learn that they are too caught up on worrying and that they need to smile - catch is, you can't truly smile if you're not having fun so they decide to let go of the worrying, as much as they could which is fine because it doesn't happen in an instant. They decide to have fun, generate curiosity before actually getting to the meat of the work.

I am increasingly bitter over my inability to indentify and articulate the visual direction of the show precisely but I have to say this episode looked great on multiple instances, interesting perspectives in particular.

Line_HTX

Okada Gundam 04

Standing in the middle of the cornfield, the Mars wind blowing, and Kudelia figeting and blushing... O////O

:lol

Easy there, Mikazuki. You don't want to go randomly choking Gjallarhorn Inspectors and blow the newly formed Tekkadan's cover. They didn't run over Cookie and Cracker, so listen to the old lady about controlling your temper.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Macross 13

That was some of hypest sci-fi shit I've witnessed in anime, Adama maneuver da gawd, I was so iffy watching this because of the general nonsense premise and Jpop crap, but that patience has paid off in dividends, need a gif of the adama shield maneuver stat!

Cornbread78

The reason why I mentioned this was I saw that the artist who drew the Netoge designs for the anime is also in this upcoming trash as well, haha

How interesting you find out about things from a random RT.

I mean, if you had looked through here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232536

You would have seen it clear as day, lol:

"Hida Kizuna possesses the HHG (Heart Hybrid Gear) ability, but it is not strong enough to make him particularly important. His older sister calls him to transfer to a strategic defense school, where many of the students (many of which are large-breasted girls) use their HHG abilities to fight invaders from another world while wearing extremely skimpy pilot outfits. Kizuna's fighting ability doesn't measure up, but his sister has another plan—apparently having erotic experiences with Kizuna will allow the girls to replenish their energy or power-up. It looks like his new school life is going to be full of embarrassment"

Owari no Serafu game has idol Kimizuki!
CmDSZsaUYAAwJjx.jpg:small

Moaradin

J.C. Staff did great with the first season of Soma. I'm just worried about the pacing more than anything. That's a lot of chapters to adapt in 13 episodes.

Bungou Stray Dogs 11
Bungou is great, he reminds me of Kuroshitsuji's Finny. Atsushi is such a scaredy-cat even though he's so powerful.

Kiznaiver 12
The ending felt a bit forced, I expected something better.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Has anyone watched this movie called "The Prophet"? it's a CG film mostly but it had these 2D animated sequences/shorts on various life advice that looked absolutely stunning, particularly there was one featuring a couple dancing while the choreography symbolized the highs and lows of marriage.

i know i've heard of it before but I can't say i've actually seen it yet, is it on netflix or something?

I finally reached the moment where I need to take a break from My One piece watch. I just finished episode 192 and I think that concludes the Skypeia arc. I enjoyed it but I sometime feel they drag the story a bit too long and it's a problem I felt they had with the previous arc too(Crocodile).

Anyway time to put it on hold for a while! I feel like if I continue too fast i'll start hating it like fairy tail.

Oh well after 2 months its about 20% done.

I think i'll start Barakamon soon since it looks great.

I finally reached the moment where I need to take a break from My One piece watch. I just finished episode 192 and I think that concludes the Skypeia arc. I enjoyed it but I sometime feel they drag the story a bit too long and it's a problem I felt they had with the previous arc too(Crocodile).

Anyway time to put it on hold for a while! I feel like if I continue too fast i'll start hating it like fairy tail.

Oh well after 2 months its about 20% done.

I think i'll start Barakamon soon since it looks great.
After short filler arc you are entering to the best One Piece arc though (Water 7/Enies Lobby). Skypiea is usually regarded as one of the lesser arcs of One Piece. Still of course if you are feeling little tired with the series maybe a break is good option so that you can enjoy Water 7 as much as people usually do.

jgminto

And what we got was
A MAN TURNING INTO A GORILLA, COPS HEAD'S BEING CHOPPED OFF BY THE GUILLOTINE IN ITS STOMACH, BEFORE IT FALLS OFF A BUILDING ONTO A CAR, AND THEN EXPLODES.
So a cheap garbage moment that throws out most of the good qualities of the show and sends it on a downhill spiral until the finale.

After short filler arc you are entering to the best One Piece arc though (Water 7/Enies Lobby). Skypiea is usually regarded as one of the lesser arcs of One Piece. Still of course if you are feeling little tired with the series maybe a break is good option so that you can enjoy Water 7 as much as people usually do.

I'll take that into consideration! It's good to know since I found the last 2 arcs to be too long and kinda boring at times. Also yea I need a break since I don't want to force myself in a way that it will lessen my enjoyment of the show. But I will continue! I wanted to watch One piece since it's my best friend favourite anime.

Excellent choice.

Good to know :D

So we're in between seasons, so there isn't much to talk about.

So I decided to go back and check out a show that I initially dismissed. Granted, it might be because of the vicious head cold I'm suffering form, but Active Raid is okay in a bad way if that makes sense. It's at its best when it's being stupid, like having a girl in a mecha suit dancing like an idol to distract an enemy. We need more of that, and less boring school hostage situations.

So we're in between seasons, so there isn't much to talk about.

So I decided to go back and check out a show that I initially dismissed. Granted, it might be because of the vicious head cold I'm suffering form, but Active Raid is okay in a bad way if that makes sense. It's at its best when it's being stupid, like having a girl in a mecha suit dancing like an idol to distract an enemy. We need more of that, and less boring school hostage situations.

In lieu of anime and AX being in a few days and me being lazy on backlogs and ZTD I decided to do something far more masochistic and self flagellating then watching anime so I started Drakengard 1 and I hate myself

urge to watch rising fast.

Kizu is the only Monogatari part where the dude to girl ratio swings to majority dudes

Aki-at

In lieu of anime and AX being in a few days and me being lazy on backlogs and ZTD I decided to do something far more masochistic and self flagellating then watching anime so I started Drakengard 1 and I hate myself

That game... I thought if I kept unlocking ending after ending the true end wouldn't be some twisted nightmare, how wrong I was.

Mailbox

Sakamoto episodes 5-11

I'm really just trying to shrink my watching list on Mal before I get into the summer season at this point.

I've come to the conclusion that this show isn't actually about someone with swag and is cool or anything of the sort. Instead, its really about someone who is thrown into situations and solves them in ridiculously convoluted ways, though he does them well. The moment I though of the show as that instead of a "swave guy being swave" it became much more enjoyable. I started looking forward to the ridiculousness of it all rather than the cool, and the show delivers on that front. Its definitely better than I would have thought based on the first few episodes, thats for sure.

Not sure i'd say I recommend it, though. But you can do worse with your time!

So a cheap garbage moment that throws out most of the good qualities of the show and sends it on a downhill spiral until the finale.

Nah, I wouldn't say that.

I feel like the good qualities that were in the first seven episodes of the show are still there. They're just in a more crazy situation. The fact that the characters manage to still have these grounded personalities with all the wacky stuff going on around them just made the show more enjoyable for how it kept one-upping itself for me.

I mean, if you wanted it to stay realistic throughout the entire show I get why someone would be disappointed, but for me, one of Samurai Flamenco's main strengths was how it was constantly playing with my expectations, and the fact that it was able to have decent character writing along with that is what makes it legitimately good, not just List good, in my opinion.

Finding Dory

Sequel Pixar might not be so bad after all.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That shinobu frame looks awful cause they fucked up her neck.

It's a hard pose to draw, sure, but some freak of nature shit going on there.

Aki-at

Tanaka-kun is always listless - 7

Tanaka at the beginning reminds me totally of Mr Burns lol.

I wasn't quite expecting Tanaka's
sister to be so possessive over him
but it made for a pretty amusing dynamic with Ohta. Series has been great since introducing Echizen and every new character does well to help bring a different type of comedy each episodes.

pffft you're a fool

i already know ending e tho, thats all anyone talks about for that game

Funnily the ending itself wasn't the most messed up bits, it's the stuff in between.

I was there on launch day, I was promised some mismash of Panzer Dragoon and Dynasty Warriors by the gaming media, instead I got something that prepared me for every anime ever.

Top Bottom