• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

Hopefully Krystal will be a surprise voted Smash character roster unveil.

tumblr_inline_mo208qlDUx1qz4rgp.gif

ybXjtjx.jpg

xY5AlWC.png

God no

Sponge

Banned
It doesn't necessarily de-confirm him, but ask yourself why would they make a K Rool costume if they were just going to add him as playable anyway?

Shot in the dark here, but the costume is based on the DKC design. Maybe it was for the people that wanted golden belly K. Rool and modern K. Rool is a character?

Nia

If he doesn't actually get in, you have my sympathy K. Rool fans. A dumb Mii Fighter costume doesn't even begin to cut it.

Nice, tournament mode. Do we get the youtube update also with this patch? And still no Wonderful 101 Mii costumes. Wonder Red for next DLC fighter confirmed.

Boney

Banned
How can someone even be a K. Rool fan
This is what I keep saying. Sakurai probably threw this quick to just say shut the fuck about him already.

And people seriously thinking this might be a sign he's gonna be a dlc character are even more deluded than the Ridley believers

I'd take freaking Krystal before , and I despise krystal

I'd like to see a Konami DLC pack with Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Snake and a stage. That would be a crazy addition to the game.

And I still think Nintendo should show more love to popular second/third party characters like Phoenix Wright, Cooking Mama or Professor Layton, just to name characters that could have crazy movesets.

Sponge

Banned
I'd like to see a Konami DLC pack with Simon Belmont, Bomberman, Snake and a stage. That would be a crazy addition to the game.

And I still think Nintendo should show more love to popular second/third party characters like Phoenix Wright, Cooking Mama or Professor Layton, just to name characters that could have crazy movesets.

As much as I'd love Layton or Wright, we need more Nintendo characters in the game. We've got plenty of third party characters

As much as I'd love Layton or Wright, we need more Nintendo characters in the game. We've got plenty of third party characters

Well, we've got plenty Nintendo characters too at this point and I'm talking about characters with strong ties to Nintendo. IMO there's really no Nintendo character that is REALLY missing from this game. It's just bonus fan service.

But hey, I love this game so much, any new character is great news to me. (Except Pichu or Wolf, I'd still buy them to have the complete roster but I couldn't care less.)

Maybe people like the old DKC games or want more villains in the roster?]

The latter was why I voted for him.

Don't take this as an attack because I'm asking out of genuine curiosity but I keep seeing people say we 'need more villains'. You said 'want' but I figure I'd poke you incase you can clear it up anyhoo :3
So the query is: why do you think some might believe we need more villains?
I've seen it said about other character types but that's usually based in a discussion about physical diversity that people in real life have such as sex/gender, race and whatnot but obviously villainy isn't one of those things.
So I was curious what it is about characters falling on the other side of the morale line that makes people feel they need more. I would argue that they're normally not even playable in most games, but then occurred to me that maybe that's part of the appeal?

Zubz

Banned
Did you? Because this is the only Rhythm Heaven character that should ever be considered for Smash.

latest

Y'see, I'd be all in favor of Karate Joe, seeing how he's in every game in the series, but with Ryu in the game, as well as the costumes for Heihachi and Akira, he'd be even less visually-interesting than he would have been if he was the only "Man in a Gi" character. Besides, I think we're all in agreement that this game needs more grapplers, anyway, so...

Rhythm_Heaven_Fever-Wrestler_Interview-515x285.jpg

With K.K.Slider Chrom and K.Rool as costumes I cannot help but wish for a Chun Li outfit for Mii Brawler.

I really don't want to support these costumes, but I might honestly cave for a Chun-Li one. I'm feeling weak enough as it is about K. Rool, Chrom, Heihachi, and Akira. I mean, I don't even use Mii Fighters.

How can someone even be a K. Rool fan

By having good taste.

People enjoy playing as villains in Smash because they don't have an opportunity to elsewhere. What a shock! I love it when people feign ignorance to passive aggressively drown out dissenting opinions.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Remember, having a Mii costume doesn't equal to a character being ruled out as playable.

I'm pretty sure that we got it by now. You don't need to echo it every one or two pages.

Dr. Mario finally gets a stage. It'd be cool if they made it so that every character in the game has a "home" stage. Though they might have to add some more Pokemon and Fire Emblem stages.

It's possible that we could get Pokemon Stadium because none of Pokemon Stadium's music have been used yet.

MouldyK

So tomorrow is when more hearts will be broken once Wonder Red, Wonder Blue and Wonder Green are revealed as Mii Fighter costumes, right?

Don't forget the "Metal Gear Collection", featuring: Solid Snake, Raiden, Naked Snake and Old Snake Costumes.

Sponge

Banned
So the query is: why do you think some might believe we need more villains?

The way I looked at it was that we already have Bowser, Ganondorf, and Dedede in Smash (we had Wolf once too) and since Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo's high selling franchises, it makes sense to have the villain from that game be playable. I'm game for whatever DK character they give me though.

Gleethor

I'm pretty sure that we got it by now. You don't need to echo it every one or two pages.

It's possible that we could get Pokemon Stadium because none of Pokemon Stadium's music have been used yet.

Every Pokemon remix from a previous smash game is in Smash Wii U except for Saffron City and Brawl's D/P wild Pokemon remix.

still unironically supporting ted & archie as a nintendogs rep
Memories flooding back, those smug gits.

People enjoy playing as villains in Smash because they don't have an opportunity to elsewhere. What a shock! I love it when people feign ignorance to passive aggressively drown out dissenting opinions.

You should've learned by now that it's not worth actually giving reasons to some people, they have no plans to actually listen to them.

NoKisum

I hope this update doesn't immediately come with some kind of balance update again. I want to be able to upload some of the replays I already have to YouTube.

No feigned ignorance here, I was genuinely curious and had a hunch so I figured I'd ask and you confirmed that with your answer. Thankies :3
If that's the case of why people said we could do with more of them then it doesn't seem unreasonable at all, it just kinda confuzzled me initially is all :eek:

So with the leaked Dr. Mario stage confirmed to have more new tracks as well as the new arrangement in Dreamland 64, are we expecting Peach's Castle and Hyrule Temple to have at least one new track? If so, I really hope for something other than yet another version of the Mario and Zelda themes. Of course there's going to be ripped tracks, just like Dr. Mario and Dreamland. I'm hoping for some Hyrule Warriors rips for the Hyrule Temple stage, just because it would be easy to bring over and of course, the music from that game is amazing.

Top Bottom