• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

fernoca

Really nice update. YouTube upload is cool, really wanted that; even if it's limited.

And now to add $20 more in eShop credit to be ready for Friday.

If ya'll want a heavyweight villain I got JUST the character
Ganon_(Oracle_of_Ages_%26_Oracle_of_Seasons).png

Zubz

Banned
Its not impossible, but it would be pretty crazy for someone to fake that many screenshots less than 12 hours after we even knew about the update.

There's always the slight chance they were sitting on them. Honestly, though, I do think i trust this leak. I just know how crazy fake Smash leaks have been before!

Its not impossible, but it would be pretty crazy for someone to fake that many screenshots less than 12 hours after we even knew about the update.

To fake it they'd have to

- Model the stage, viruses and pills as to be able to take the screenshots at different angles and zooms.
- Have access to ripped models of Mario, Link and Doc and be able to pose them frame perfect to their animations, with Doc's coat physics.
- Be able to perfectly recreate the My Music menu and come up with three logical remixes, and NOT be tempted to include recycled Doc remixes from other stages as would be obvious to do.
- Make an icon for Peach's Castle that's at a slightly different angle than the only full view screenshot we've gotten. This would require either some good photoshop or redoing the skybox of the 64 original because the Smash 4 skybox is different from 64
- Know that the update wasn't going to have a Direct, and was instead going to be announced via other methods.
- Have all of this ready to go weeks before the update was originally thought to be released.

Strange that whoever has supposedly leaked the Dr Mario pics hasn't leaked any of the Mii costumes. Wonder what sort of source he/she had.

Question for everyone who do you guys think will make it in as DLC characters? (Apart from Wolf)

I ask because with K.Rool being thrown into question, its kind of a free for all in my mind as potential ballot reps.

I cant think of anyone else who has garnered that much common appeal.

Question for everyone who do you guys think will make it in as DLC characters? (Apart from Wolf)

I ask because with K.Rool being thrown into question, its kind of a free for all in my mind as potential ballot reps.

Ridley.

:(

Ryce

Just Dixie Kong.

I would love to see Tingle but he's already an assist trophy... :(

I'm actually inclined to believe that this is a good sign for K Rool as well. It basically means they see him as a major character.

Berordn

Are the levels just WiiU or 3DS and WiiU?

The previous DLC levels were for both (with the notable exception of Miiverse, which was revealed as an upcoming Wii U level in the 40 fact extravaganza). These would presumably be the same, and probably explain why they're mainly N64 levels being remade.

Neoxon

I have a weird feeling that that Wolf & the Chorus Kids (or whoever else ends up being the Rhythm Heaven rep) will be all that we get left as far as Smash 4 DLC goes, while any results from the ballot will go towards a possible NX remaster of Smash 4.

If nothing else, the Dr. Mario stage leak, as stated before, confirms that franchises with songs in the game already doesn't mean that said franchise can't get its own stage later on as DLC (which is a requirement for newcomers from a new franchise not represented on the roster for Smash 4).

Just like Dunban and Protoman
To be fair, Dunban is already in Shulk's Final Smash. And Protoman isn't exactly the best comparison to make.

I have a weird feeling that that Wolf & the Chorus Kids (or whoever else ends up being the Rhythm Heaven rep) will be all that we get left as far as Smash 4 DLC goes, while any results from the ballot will go towards a possible NX remaster of Smash 4.

If nothing else, the Dr. Mario stage leak, as stated before, confirms that franchises with songs in the game already doesn't mean that said franchise can't get its own stage later on as DLC (which is a requirement for newcomers from a new franchise not represented on the roster for Smash).

To be fair, Dunban is already in Shulk's Final Smash. And Protoman would be a bit pushing it as far as Mega Man representation goes for the first game.
Woah, what stage leak?

Neoxon

Woah, what stage leak?
This one

1438163528150.jpg
1438163606020.jpg
1438164023608.jpg
1438164539910.jpg
1438164868340.jpg

For reference, the files for the Dr. Mario stage were found alongside a character file for a Rhythm Heaven rep. While this doesn't confirm a Rhythm Heaven representative, it does raise their chances on account of both being cut content from the base game that was later finished up (& found together thanks to some data mining of the Wii U version).

Neoxon

Ok? It happened once, it doesn't necessarily make it a rule, especially when 2 other series were added to Smash in the past without a stage.
Plus the fact that, at least for the Wii U version, every single franchise with a playable character has at least one stage. This fact was continued when Ryu got a stage included with him. It's a safe assumption to make that if we get anymore new franchises, they'll get a new stage bundled with them to match.

GenG3000

If K.Rool is now demoted to costume level, I really don't know who other first party Nintendo character can be a newcomer other than the Inklings. Ridley, Isaac, Wonder Red, Ridley, Takamaru and so on just cannot make it, they have been deliberately left out of Smash 4 for several reasons (unpopularity or infeasability). But then again I think it's too soon for the Inklings and its mechanics would require a new engine.

To be fair, Chrom is already in Robin's Final Smash. Though lack of uniqueness was the main reason why Chrom was swapped out for Robin, despite being planned for a decent amount of time to be playable.
Seriously haha. Like we have it straight from the horse's mouth that a new character wasn't added because of redundancy. Even if we consider Lucas and Roy to be equivalent to a newcomer, that's really in favor of K Rool, since Protoman and Chrom could still be added as DLC like Lucas and Roy.

I don't get it. Someone must want to pick a fight. Weird.

For reference, the files for the Dr. Mario stage were found alongside a character file for a Rhythm Heaven rep. While this doesn't confirm a Rhythm Heaven representative, it does raise their chances on account of both being cut content from the base game that was later finished up (& found together thanks to some data mining of the Wii U version).

Where was this found? Did the new download data come out already and was mined?

Top Bottom