• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Huh, so according to that data diff Palutena's Neutral Air has it's hitboxes enlarged a little (3 -> 3.4)
Forward tile hitboxes also enlarged a bit as well as hitting twice now.
Forward air going up 1% damage was already mentioned.

It looks like there's some serious tweaks to the times on her roll, spotdodge and airdodge but i don't know how to read them XD

Excellent.

This update is kind of boring. I played the two stages a few times, made a few Miis and have no interest in the online modes.

Oh well. It really does feel like Iwata's death postponed some plans. There's just something off about this update.

Crayolan

What's the deal with tourney's exactly? Can you not do "For Glory, But With Customs/Miis"?

There's "Tourneys" and "Regular Tourneys."

Tourneys are basically exactly like Mario Kart 8. The problem with that is that they're just open lobbies for people to come into and accrue wins or points, meaning you can't set the number of players in a lobby or force 1v1s.

Regular Tourneys are like the tournament modes from Melee and Brawl, with fully customizable rulesets and brackets. Only problem, we can't create them. Instead there's a bunch of pre-made regular tourneys to participate in. If we could make our own regular tourneys there would be no problem.

Majukun

don't understand why Nintendo didn't give us full customization options for the tournament mode.. seems like a no brainer... Maybe problems with the structure?

That's not what he was talking about at all lol. Come on

That's really lame though. Sakurai must be depressed with how bad this update is. There's always the next game's new director to look toward too I guess.

What the fuck is this garbage?

If serious, worst fucking post I've seen on GAF. Holy shit.

Blues1990

I'm pretty happy that Mega Man's Leaf Shield can be activated (& be fired) a lot quicker. I know that not a lot of people like playing as the Blue Bomber, but it makes me happy that one of the least used weapons in his arsenal is going to get a lot more use from here on out.

Masked Man

I said wow
Huh, so according to that data diff Palutena's Neutral Air has it's hitboxes enlarged a little (3 -> 3.4)
Forward tile hitboxes also enlarged a bit as well as hitting twice now.
Forward air going up 1% damage was already mentioned.

It looks like there's some serious tweaks to the times on her roll, spotdodge and airdodge but i don't know how to read them XD

Something changed on Dtilt, and I think all of her dodges are faster now...but I can't read the notes either, lol.

Zyrox

I wish I could read the patch data....Meta Knight's list is LONG. I wonder what changed. Besides the sword trails, which is seemingly only a visual change and not a hitbox one. (i.e. the sword trails now match his hitboxes and not the other way around, at least that's what I've read on Smashboards).

random25

I'm pretty happy that Mega Man's Leaf Shield can be activated (& be fired) a lot quicker. I know that not a lot of people like playing as the Blue Bomber, but it makes me happy that one of the least used weapons in his arsenal is going to get a lot more use from here on out.

I like that buff too. Makes it more usable off stage if lags are reduced.

Something changed on Dtilt, and I think all of her dodges are faster now...but I can't read the notes either, lol.
lol, yeah. whatever they changed on downtilt either didn't get read by the interpreter properly or it's not a hitbox XD
Also all her grabs have... uh... 'something' changed. heck knows what.

Chase17

Welp, looks like I was just in regular tournament. That's too bad if they if they don't allow player made 1v1 tournaments soon.

Nia

I was happy about being able to upload replays, until I found out about the time limit. That is bullshit. The battles between me and my friends are always above three minutes. The non local tournament mode is disappointing too.

udivision

There's "Tourneys" and "Regular Tourneys."

Tourneys are basically exactly like Mario Kart 8. The problem with that is that they're just open lobbies for people to come into and accrue wins or points, meaning you can't set the number of players in a lobby or force 1v1s.

Regular Tourneys are like the tournament modes from Melee and Brawl, with fully customizable rulesets and brackets. Only problem, we can't create them. Instead there's a bunch of pre-made regular tourneys to participate in. If we could make our own regular tourneys there would be no problem.

Oh.

Ozium

not sure how custom tournaments work..

the standard one is pretty cool and has a lot of variety of options (pretty much everything, for fun w/ time, for fun w/ stock, for glory w/ stock, FG w/ time etc)

also there are private miiverse communities for each tourney? that's kind of cool

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
not sure how custom tournaments work..

the standard one is pretty cool and has a lot of variety of options (pretty much everything, for fun w/ time, for fun w/ stock, for glory w/ stock, FG w/ time etc)

also there are private miiverse communities for each tourney? that's kind of cool

I know right, its pretty darn rad. You guys are drunk. This update is pretty awesome, I may end up playing more Smash than Splatoon.... for a week!

My only wish is for 1v1 Tourneys. And I wish they had more Tournaments starting more often, everything is full until the next 30 minutes!

Chase17

I know right, its pretty darn rad. You guys are drunk. This update is pretty awesome, I may end up playing more Smash than Splatoon.... for a week!
I'd agree. Something about being in a bracket makes the stakes feel higher. Fun to see variety too. Only smash ball!

wow... looking at the data diffs for the mii gunner and mii brawler. Trying to read them is painful but I know this much: gunner might not have changed much but they've tweaked the heck out of the brawler.
Oddly, for brawler specifically, I'm seeing an additional hitbox on a lot of the entries so it looks like they've tagged an extra hit on several of the moves.

greg400

Banned
That's totally what everyone wants though lol

902.gif

Top Bottom