• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
No one has started one because it is 4 player free-for-all only. You can't choose the number of players per battle, which makes custom tourneys pretty bad.

lol okay, well we could still do a 4 player free for all tourney... sorry it isn't 1v1. I agree, that really sucks and would've liked it included. That's my only complaint of the update.

Ozium

I know right, its pretty darn rad. You guys are drunk. This update is pretty awesome, I may end up playing more Smash than Splatoon.... for a week!

My only wish is for 1v1 Tourneys. And I wish they had more Tournaments starting more often, everything is full until the next 30 minutes!

I thought I saw 1 v 1 tourneys in Standard tourneys... unless I was hallucinating which is entirely possible

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
17 min wait to join a stock bracket style tournament wtf Nintendo. It's filled but still have to wait to start.

I'm guessing because its server side...? It's weird, seems like they have them on their timer and they dont want to mess with that.

I'm getting ready to start my first in about a minute. Pretty excited!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I thought I saw 1 v 1 tourneys in Standard tourneys... unless I was hallucinating which is entirely possible

Ive seen people write "1v1 Tourney" on the title of the Tourney... but theres no way they can force that to happen since they always put 4 people in the battle. I think some people are just confused thinking they can make it 1v1 by putting it in the title?

Yeah be prepared to wait and fight a sandbag on an omega mode esk Wiimiiverse stage for quite some time if you want to participate in any regular for glory tournament.

Blues1990

In one of the tournaments I was in, I was able to perform a Mega Upper Cut on two Little Mac players, sending them flying off-screen and securing my victory.

The problem: I didn't save the replay. ;_;

XD

tumblr_ns9um4pFnp1r80kqko1_1280.jpg

J@hranimo

Banned
Huh, so according to that data diff Palutena's Neutral Air has it's hitboxes enlarged a little (3 -> 3.4)
Forward tile hitboxes also enlarged a bit as well as hitting twice now.
Forward air going up 1% damage was already mentioned.

It looks like there's some serious tweaks to the times on her roll, spotdodge and airdodge but i don't know how to read them XD

Me gusta...but are we SURE these aren't placebo effects?

Me gusta...but are we SURE these aren't placebo effects?
Kind of hard for it be placebo when I'm literally reading them from the data :p

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/palutena.html

edit: quick guide to reading those for anyone who's not familiar with source control - red is the old lines, green are the ones that replace them. If it's not coloured then you can ignore it.
As far as the data goes, damage should be easy enough to see, BKB is base knockback, size should be obvious too. None of the rest changed so no point in explaining the few I understand there :3

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
so much for dr mario stage

Revven

Alright so I posted this in the OT but I'll post it here too. A method to create a 1v1 tourney but it's pretty... janky.

Revven said:
The only way to get 1v1 with Tourney Mode working right now is setting the room to 2 participants.

However, this brings a problem to the table: only the host and the player you played first can join. Meaning, even after the player leaves no one else can join but you and the player who left. This... equates to the necessity of forcing you to either wait until the Tourney ends and reopens or you delete the Tourney and create a new one.

You would obviously choose to delete the tourney and then rinse and repeat this process (creating and deleting) to somewhat mimic FG except with one extra step after every set with a random. It's a very hackneyed process and only worthwhile if you want to play with randoms with your own rules and not GAFfers.

That's basically it.

Ozium

does pac man's grab animation seem a little shorter or is it placebo effect?

I always felt it took too damn long if you missed but now it seems a second or so faster

edit: they really need an option to allow players to ready up for a tournament so that if everyone is ready they don't have to wait 5-10+ minutes waiting for the standard tourney to start...

solomon

You had one job sakurai, tournament mode is great except you cant 1 v 1. We could of had a good lobby system with tournament mode :(

2 changes I can confirm on Zelda.

jab hits 8% instead of 6%
phantom windbox now godtier
Whelp, keep looking because one of her other attacks got buffed :3

http://opensa.dantarion.com/s4/raw/diff-128-144/zelda.html

edit: You know what? I can't read this for toffee so i'm going to remove my original interpretation because I'm convinced it's wrong. All I know for sure is that she has 2 attacks that were buffed damage-wise, not including the phantom.

Ozium

SO I'm hearing tourney mode is trash.

How true is it?

it's missing 1v1 mode in custom tournaments and being locked into the training area while waiting for a standard tournament to start is bullshit

other than it is fun and "trash" is pure hyperbole

youtube upload feature is legit trash tho

greg400

Banned
Lol. Charizard is good. Play Ricky in the OT.
I mean I'm sure there are a few really great players with him like any other character but he just gets outclassed by too many other fighters to be viable in a competitive setting. Sorry, I'm giving up and going to my second main Sheik.

Play Ricky7. Zard is high mid tier, he's pretty good
Everything I've seen (semblance of tier lists forming) puts him in bottom barrel territory

Top Bottom