• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

ffdgh

I quite liked this.

0bf.png

Robin instead of Sumia? That's definitely not chrom.

Tournament Mode sucks. They were so close too. Why can't we set up our own 1v1s or with rules like in the Standard Tournaments? I waited 25 minutes to join a large FG Tournament only to lose after the first round after a timeout. I really hope it's updated.

Forkball

No offline tourneys. I am just completely baffled. Nintendo always seems to take one step forward and two steps back when it comes to features. We've waited almost a year for the most basic of features and it's not even half of what we wanted.

As for the Dr. Mario stage, it could have been fake, but they might also be saving it for an even bigger update.

And I guarantee you were are getting a Ridley Mii outfit eventually.

EulaCapra

Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing now heals 2% (formerly 1%). That's a pretty big buff!

So much so that I ended a match with no stock lost and a peak damage of 31.

ALM5252

No offline tourneys. I am just completely baffled. Nintendo always seems to take one step forward and two steps back when it comes to features. We've waited almost a year for the most basic of features and it's not even half of what we wanted.

As for the Dr. Mario stage, it could have been fake, but they might also be saving it for an even bigger update.

Looking at the leaked pics of the Dr. Mario stage again, I think it was faked.

Imjr2r5.jpg

Dr. Mario looks like he was cropped out of another picture and pasted on. The little square kinda shows the uneven cut made to take him from another picture. The 8bit graphics are also blurry, like when upscaled from the original size. And the magnifying glass kinda has missing pixels that show the background.

nOM578o.jpg

This is the one that really made me think it was fake from looking at Link Mario. They look like they have no depth, almost like they were cropped from an image on the Duck Hunt stage. It would be easy since it can be a type of "Green Screen" and "Blue Screen" if taken right. Mario also has no shadow beneath him, or at least, not one similar to Link's.

That's just my observation. I could be 100% wrong though. (Although it has to be fake anyways since the stage select screen looks nothing like it did in the leak)

I really wanted the stage too. :(

kirby_fox

Banned

Considering this supposedly comes from promo pics...why would someone have promotional pics of something that hasn't been announced yet, is in a ready enough place to have promo pics of it, and then isn't released with a bunch of other stuff? Unless it isn't promo pics, and then we have to ask where they came from and why this person didn't leak everything else they have. I would still err on the side of fraud for that one.

Haven't even bothered to update anything. Probably need to buy the stages at least.

Forkball

Looking at the leaked pics of the Dr. Mario stage again, I think it was faked.

That's just my observation. I could be 100% wrong though. (Although it has to be fake anyways since the stage select screen looks nothing like it did in the leak)

I really wanted the stage too. :(

Leaks are just nothing to me with Smash unless it's something dug up in the data files. I mean people were pixel hunting last year during The Great Leak. And let's not even talk about the Rayman fiasco. You just gotta go with your gut with Smash. I would like to see more original stages now. At first I wanted more N64 ones, but we have a good amount so bring on the newness.

Wii Fit Trainer's Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing now heals 2% (formerly 1%). That's a pretty big buff!

So much so that I ended a match with no stock lost and a peak damage of 31.

I was glad to see this change! Though, for what it's worth, wasn't Deep Breathing always 2%?

Just tried the latest update for fox and yes the shine is different. Increased knock back for sure. You can also gimp or "shine spike" characters with bad/slow recoveries such as Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Mario, etc. still no where close to as good as melee but it's actually an option now.

Edit: never mind. Too much ending lag to get a good punish on missed tech from shine. Can stage spike though. :p

Golnei

I'll never understand how Sakurai can hate the Hyrule Castle theme so much. 16 years is far too long to hold onto that kind of destructive hatred - he has to come to terms with it eventually.

MrPanic

I want to believe that Sakurai will patch tourney offline mode + 1v1 group tourneys.

We really need to let them know that this is what we actually want, cause what we got really delivered on nothing anyone probably wanted. I really feel like not playing smash at all thanks to this update. :/

ALM5252

Leaks are just nothing to me with Smash unless it's something dug up in the data files. I mean people were pixel hunting last year during The Great Leak. And let's not even talk about the Rayman fiasco. You just gotta go with your gut with Smash. I would like to see more original stages now. At first I wanted more N64 ones, but we have a good amount so bring on the newness.

I hear you. I want newer stages like the Dr. Mario one even if only for the omega and music it brings.

But I'd also like some Melee stages too at the very least.

KingBroly

Banned
You all should've known better. It never looked legit. The Viruses and pills taking up so much up the stage real estate made it look less playable than Wily's Castle.

I'd rather they bring back New Pork City than that faked stage, because it'd actually work with 8-player Smash now.

In case it hasn't been posted yet: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f8hvn/the_v110_patch_changelist/

Data-miners have a system in place that can tell us which characters and moves have changes now, allowing us to test for objective differences and remove placebos much faster. It doesn't (yet) account for projectile/pikmin/luma changes, nor patched glitches, but it's a huge help. That link is the confirmed change list so far.

Also of note is that it appears Pikachu's custom infinite with thunder wave was patched out, which changes the conversation surrounding customs quite a bit.

KingBroly

Banned
In case it hasn't been posted yet: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3f8hvn/the_v110_patch_changelist/

Data-miners have a system in place that can tell us which characters and moves have changes now, allowing us to test for objective differences and remove placebos much faster. It doesn't (yet) account for projectile/pikmin/luma changes, nor patched glitches, but it's a huge help. That link is the confirmed change list so far.

Also of note is that it appears Pikachu's custom infinite with thunder wave was patched out, which changes the conversation surrounding customs quite a bit.

They buffed WFT a LOT. Wow. And they gave Sheik a buff...are you kidding me?

They buffed WFT a LOT. Wow. And they gave Sheik a buff...are you kidding me?

Yeah, WFT changes are ridiculous. I'm glad to see them taking a buff-centric approach to a lot of the characters in this patch.

And Sheik was "buffed." The increased knockback is intended to make it harder to combo into itself. Combined with a slight damage decrease and slightly increased landing lag, This should help to mitigate those ridiculous fair-chains. It's not game-changing, but it helps.

KingBroly

Banned
Yeah, WFT changes are ridiculous. I'm glad to see them taking a buff-centric approach to a lot of the characters in this patch.

And Sheik was "buffed." The increased knockback is intended to make it harder to combo into itself. Combined with a slight damage decrease and slightly increased landing lag, This should help to mitigate those ridiculous fair-chains. It's not game-changing, but it helps.

I see.

I feel like Zelda's buffs will help too, but Samus REALLY needs buffs. Like...A LOT of buffs. She's just too hard to get going.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXMwIDS4IU

【Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U】Mii Fighters Suit Up for Wave Three

Didn't realize the Black Knight got a Mii outfit as well.
Samus outfit? Well I guess that means that pre DLC Nintendo hats have a chance to have the body part added (there were some talk about the lack of overalls being an oversight).

Though, of course, I also see it being used like the Link costume, to show Mii costumes mean nothing of a characters chances even though technically it is once again a vet.

Hatchtag

Banned
They used Tales of Symphonia music in the Mii Wave trailer. Wonder if that could mean anything for that series' future in Smash?

I see.

I feel like Zelda's buffs will help too, but Samus REALLY needs buffs. Like...A LOT of buffs. She's just too hard to get going.

I feel like Samus is the only clearly bad character who has not received any attention yet. Coupled with the fact that Sakurai once called her the best character in the game, I have to wonder what's going on with her.

Ridley fans would probably call it a conspiracy.

Top Bottom