• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bag would be high because of the punching bag in the game. Lots of tutorials on how to win the target games.

That was part of the joke. Bag has been my go to joke suggestion since the beginning. It was meant to be a ridiculous comparison.

Though surprisingly, Googling the more accurate 'eShop Bag Smash Bros' gets more than just my posts. I'm not alone!

Then start listing them, because the characters left at this point are second fiddle, third party or from irrelevant franchises.
The baby face from Mario Paint
Ashely from Another Code
Jimmy T from Wario Ware
Glass Joe from Punch-Out
Stunfisk from Pokémon

greg400

Banned
The baby face from Mario Paint
Ashely from Another Code
Jimmy T from Wario Ware
Glass Joe from Punch-Out
Stunfisk from Pokémon
:lol

So they're like K Rool then? Except he's not even on the second fiddle because he got booted out of his own franchise in favour of a viking walrus :p
That's the point, I don't disagree that K. Rool is irrelevant as fuck these days. The point is that he's still a top character on a lot of polls that reference the vote which really says a lot for the other options they have to put in the game.

Actually, all the 'dumb' characters on that poll are valid as they've been in games on a nintendo console. If I was going to remove 'dumb' characters from a vote I'd remove K Rool so let's not try skewing things just because we don't like them huh? :p

The attempts at humour might come across as 'shitposting' to you but what they're saying is that the poll isn't really that many steps above googling if he's just counting posts. Bass and I have already also pointed out the inherent flaws to a poll as well :/
At least K Rool actually originated in a video game, not a synthesizer application.

I'm not denying there are flaws in the poll but no one has posted anything that states contrary to that collection of data from actual forums related to the poll, not random google searches that collect any reference to words.

Jawmuncher

I think people are onto something

4WqDTB9.jpg

Snake Confirmed

That's the point, I don't disagree that K. Rool is irrelevant is fuck these days. The point is that he's still a top character on a lot of collection sites which really says a lot for the other options they have to put in the game.

At least K Rool actually originated in a video game, not a synthesizer application.

I'm not denying there are flaws in the poll but no one has posted anything that states contrary to that collection of data from actual forums related to the poll, not random google searches that collect any reference to words.

The problem being that these forums are a heavily biased community that doesn't accurately portray the population at large. It's made worse by the campaigns that urge followers to vote on forum polls and inform people whenever one comes up on a big forum, because that leads to stuff like the same group rushing over to post in every poll, even in forums they don't normally frequent. It doesn't matter how many forum polls you use, because they're an essentially meaningless metric due to the method of voluntary polling on communities not representative of everyone who might vote

Neoxon

Be honest, who else is there? Sure, Wolf is still in the running & the Chorus Kids have evidence towards at least being worked on. But when you count the Link Mii costume & the fact that 2 of the biggest fan requests are Mii Costumes, I doubt said costumes have any bearing on their likelihood as being playable (at least as far as the ballot goes). Except Chrom, but he was supposed to be playable before Sakurai had a change of heart (he originally said that Chrom was only planned, but Push Dustin revealed that Sakurai had Chrom in the books to be playable for longer than he originally let on).

J@hranimo

Banned
Soooooooooooo since we're getting that cut Dr. Mario stage

Dr. Mario is getting the Ike treatment with many buffs yes?

I guess I'll not play Splatoon for an hour or two on Friday then lol.

Be honest, who else is there? Sure, Wolf is still in the running & the Chorus Kids have evidence towards at least being worked on. But when you count the Link Mii costume & the fact that 2 of the biggest fan requests are Mii Costumes, I doubt said costumes have any bearing on their likelihood as being playable (at least as far as the ballot goes). Except Chrom, but he was supposed to be playable before Sakurai had a change of heart (he originally said that Chrom was only planned, but Push Dustin revealed that Sakurai had Chrom in the books to be playable for longer than he originally let on).

I mean this might be true, but it still doesn't make forum polls a relevant metric for gauging the actual numbers

Neoxon

I mean this might be true, but it still doesn't make forum polls a relevant metric for gauging the actual numbers
But King K. Rool requests have literally been everywhere. Here, SmashBoards, GameFAQs, Facebook, Miiverse, Twitter, Tumblr, & more. I'd be genuinely shocked if he isn't at least in the Top 5.

greg400

Banned
The problem being that these forums are a heavily biased community that doesn't accurately portray the population at large. It's made worse by the campaigns that urge followers to vote on forum polls and inform people whenever one comes up on a big forum, because that leads to stuff like the same group rushing over to post in every poll, even in forums they don't normally frequent. It doesn't matter how many forum polls you use, because they're an essentially meaningless metric due to the method of voluntary polling on communities not representative of everyone who might vote

Well then we disagree on the importance of that poll. I think it's an important metric because it shows what characters are at the very least viable. They show that characters like Bear Hugger from Punch Out have no following whatsoever whereas as characters like the Inkling do.

Village

But King K. Rool requests have literally been everywhere. Here, SmashBoards, GameFAQs, Facebook, Miiverse, Twitter, Tumblr, & more. I'd be genuinely shocked if he isn't at least in the Top 5.
Good chance those folks aren't even near representative of folks interesred in this poll.

Merc_

That doesn't mean anything and doesn't account for everyone who voted in the ballot.

KHlover

Banned
What's with all the 64 stages as DLC? Are they cult favorites that I'm unaware of or are they just the easiest to drop into the game?

I think it's the latter. They're not inherently easier to drop into the game than any other stage, you still need to recreate them from scratch.

I can guarantee you that if you looked in all of those places you'd also find people campaigning for Lip to be in smash, but I'd still never convince myself that anything but a very vocal minority even know she exists, let alone know who she is enough to want her in smash :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just because the character wins the poll doesn't mean they'll automatically become a character, they'll just be considered. Sakurai might end up having to go through the top 100 before he gets inspiration.

Here's your answer.

'4chan hosted Dr Mario stage music image.jpg'

Looks like franchises with songs in other stages still have a shot at their own stage.

The best thing about this is Dr Mario title music remix. One of my big music requests.

Good news for Rhythm Heaven fans hoping for a stage...

Please refer to the post above. Mii costumes don't rule you out.

That's why I referred to it as a 'ruse', the man loves to deceive. I voted for K.Rool, but I honestly don't really care who wins, if I've learned anything with Smash 4 it's that even the characters I didn't anticipate ended up being really fun and worthwhile.

Neoxon

It doesn't mean anything? If you're trying to gauge fan response to what characters may be viable it means more than nothing.
But again I ask, who else is there? Most (not all) of the remaining options are second-string character, characters from failed franchises, or third parties.

greg400

Banned
Just because the character wins the poll doesn't mean they'll automatically become a character, they'll just be considered. Sakurai might end up having to go through the top 100 before he gets inspiration.

Right, and absolutely no one in this thread is saying that.

But again I ask, who else is there? Most (not all) of the remaining options are second-string character, characters from failed franchises, or third parties.

That's what I've been asking and so far only one person has given me a hilariously mediocre list in this thread.

Have you considered there might be a lot of the same people voting in all those places? These aren't isolated communities and many frequent multiple forums

jph139

Oh man that Dr. Mario stage looks like a dream come true. Fingers crossed it's not bogus. Love the little viruses!

Well in that case I hope you added your vote for e-shop bag so it's got a chance :D
Honestly, it's kinda of cute :p

Neoxon

Inklings. No, I do not believe they will hold them back for Smash 5.
Thus proving my point. The Mii Costumes aren't anything to go by in terms of likelihood, & are most likely one gigantic ruse if anything. This is more so in King K. Rool's case (& the Inklings).

That's the point, I don't disagree that K. Rool is irrelevant is fuck these days. The point is that he's still a top character on a lot of polls that reference the vote which really says a lot for the other options they have to put in the game.

Thats the problem, there really is no current poll that accurately reflects the millions of people who've bought smash wiiu/3ds world wide. The closest we're going to get would be the smash ballot if those results get posted and that also assumes that Nintendo isn't allowing people to vote the same character over and over again. The burder of proof isn't on us to find a more accurate poll, its on you to prove why those polls should hold up as accurate. Look into what goes into verifying how accurate a poll is and you'll see none of the above really does that. Even then 24,000 votes out of 4 million sold copies isn't even 1% of that. Yes I realize that some people bought both copies of smash wiiu and 3ds, but there is also no way to know if the 24,000 who voted even own either copy.

What if I were to poll the next 100 posters on their number 1 most wanted dlc character for smash 4? If I get 70 responses saying they want e shop bag would you conclude that 70% of the smash user base wants e shop bag in smash? Probably not you'd want a bigger sample size with a wider variety of opinions then just those on gaf in this thread. Thats why we question those polls you posted.

Hope the Dr. Mario stage is real, it's long overdue. Then again, I don't really see anyone putting that much effort into a fake of a Dr. Mario stage of all things, nor including music like Wario Puzzle 1 from Mario Super Picross... but who really knows I guess.

Super cool to see what we thought to be cut content making its way into the game after all.

If that Doc stage is fake, it's ridiculously well done

1. The models are point perfect.
2. The music selection is logical and ambitious without being ridiculous
3. The stage is simple enough to work on both the 3DS and Wii U, which is important.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Right, and absolutely no one in this thread is saying that.
Considering half of this thread is pointing out that K Rool must be one of the most popular choice therefore should be a fighter rather than a costume they basically are.

DOCTOR MARIO TITLE SCREEN REMIX HYPE
Tis indeed a beautiful day. ;___; When Chill got a 2nd remix instead of the title I was rather disappointed. Glad that's been fixed.

As I pointed out before, K Rool IS a second string character (at best) so why the others are invalid by comparison is lost on me :eek:

Neoxon

As I pointed out before, K Rool IS a second string character (at best) so why the others are invalid by comparison is lost on me :eek:
I should have specified, second string in popularity. King K. Rool has been requested by many for years, even back in Melee.

Top Bottom