• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

KHlover

Banned
Smash already has super irrelevant characters to their franchise in there

Shiek up until Hyrule Warriors (which started development after Smash 4) had only been a support character in the second half of OoT.

Zero Suit Samus was only playable in a very small sequence of zero mission and has only appeared in endings/openings/death scenes

Also if you want to talk about irrelevant franchises

Every Mother character is more relevant thanks to Smash then they ever were for the Mother franchise. Had Ness not been in Smash 64 we'd probably joke/laugh about the idea of a Mother character being playable the way people laugh/joke about Nintendo's various other minor series.

Captain Falcon is only relevant anymore thanks to Smash as his series is currently dead. Had Captain Falcon not been in the first two smash games we would laugh at the idea of him or his franchise getting a playable character.

Pit's franchise and Little Mac's franchise were dead at the time brawl and thanks to Brawl both got a second wind and are back.

So lets not dismiss the b tier franchises or "irrelevant" characters as clearly Sakurai and Nintendo don't care about those things either

Hell, had we not gotten Marth and Roy in Melee we probably still wouldn't have a single Fire Emblem game over here. That one decision turned out to indirectly save the entire franchise!

ngower

I have not played this game in months. Any impressions of the DLC? Add anything fun or interesting or is it just standard Smash-fare?

Tournament mode might be enough to lure me back in...until I get my ass handed to me.

greg400

Banned
I thought half the reason that there were K Rool 'Kampaigns' was because his fans were terrified that he didn't have a future and getting him in Smash was the only way of showing he was still relevant and having any hope of fixing that? :p
King K. Rool still has the possibility of remaining relevant through Mario sports games (Super Mario Sluggers, 2008) and DK games like Barrel Blast (2007). There just haven't been many of those this generation.

They said more Mii Fighter costumes are to be shown tomorrow, not more stages.

They also said the E3 direct was to discuss Lucas and Miiverse, so they've been known to not mention everything.

They wouldn't say "more stages tomorrow, too!" because that would spoil the fact there's another stage coming.

Quite the contrary, Sakurai already said that he's less inclined to add someone who has no future.

Like King K Rool? :p

The point I'm making is we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes, back when Smash Wiiu/3ds was announced and the roster was planned Rosalina was still a fairly minor mario character but Nintendo was planning to push her to be big. Same with Greninja who didn't have a name at the time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Could see a reworked Chorus Kid as DLC, seems like too cool a concept to be completely discarded. Dixie is still pretty feasible and a new Zelda character would be tits, Impa, Tetra or a wildcard. Bandana Dee seems quite popular too.
Fuck the Chorus Kids, we want the real rhythm game masters.

4j24GvY.jpg

You could have the Elite Beat Agents as alts. And maybe even the cheerleaders!

JoeM86

They also said the E3 direct was to discuss Lucas and Miiverse, so they've been known to not mention everything.

They wouldn't say "more stages tomorrow, too!" because that would spoil the fact there's another stage coming.

No, but what Neoxon said was that tomorrow's reveal was to be that, instead of the Mii Costume put forth by woopWOOP when we already know that Mii Fighters are tomorrow.

greg400

Banned
Like King K Rool? :p

The point I'm making is we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes, back when Smash Wiiu/3ds was announced and the roster was planned Rosalina was still a fairly minor mario character but Nintendo was planning to push her to be big. Same with Greninja who didn't have a name at the time.

Your examples don't make any sense, one of those characters was getting a big push in 3D World and was already big beforehand and Greninja was obviously a new character for the series future.

As for K. Rool:

King K. Rool still has the possibility of remaining relevant through Mario sports games (Super Mario Sluggers, 2008) and DK games like Barrel Blast (2007). There just haven't been many of those this generation.

I wonder if this update was supposed to have a character, but those plans got delayed because of Iwata's passing?

They announced this update to launch in August and it's launching at the end of July. Which is way earlier than expected.

It'll also be the first DLC update without a new fighter.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I wonder if this update was supposed to have a character, but those plans got delayed because of Iwata's passing?

They announced this update to launch in August and it's launching at the end of July. Which is way earlier than expected.

It'll also be the first DLC update without a new fighter.
That we know of.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
New stage = The highly anticipated Dr Mario
New character = The highly anticipated
Dr Luigi
!

Mory Dunz

Not a fan of the n64 stages tbh. Or stuff like Pac-Man or duck hunt.

Dunno I just like pretty stages.

I'll still play them though.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Not a fan of the n64 stages tbh. Or stuff like Pac-Man or duck hunt.

Dunno I just like pretty stages.

I'll still play them though.

You must absolutely hate the idea of the Smash 64 Super Mario Bros stage making a return. It's both N64 graphics and a retro graphics stage!

Berordn

I can't wait to skin K. Rool and parade around in his Korpse.

Maybe they'll put that giant Walrus guy in instead, who knows.

As totally indifferent as I am to K. Rool's continued (non)existence, Frederick would make me seethe if he's included as anything but a stage hazard.

Guy's only been in one game and didn't really do anything until the very end.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of funny how often it says Dr Mario in the My Music screenshot. Stage 'Dr Mario' from 'Dr Mario' featuring the 'Dr Mario' logo!

Doctor Mario being a well represented and well respected series in Smash again will never cease to make me happy.

He's the perfect puzzle game rep and going from being cut from Brawl and basically forgotten to coming back in full force with his own stage and everything is awesome.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
lolwut? Did any of you play Rhythm Heaven?
I got the medal on every stage in Rhythm Heaven DS. I just find the Chorus Kids visually uninteresting, as much as I like Ko Takeuchi as an artist.

I'd be ok with any of the other characters in the game. Monkeys, idols, Karate Joe or Wrestling Man, even.

Top Bottom