• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Beta Thread: He’s holding a thermal detonator!

Definitely have the itch to play it, especially now that it is gone.

Really looking forward to release. I had a lot of genuine fun with the BETA, something I've missed a little in games lately. (My personal experience, please don't kill me).

Sorry random teammates, I jumped on last night to try the beta and found myself just gawking at the game. 20 vs 20 was such a stable experience I was gobsmacked. You really need a coordinated team to do well in either mode but it was so enjoyable to play. Congrats to the devs for this polished beta. I felt like I was in Star Wars, put this in VR and my wife will not be happy.

Screenshot-Original.png

MADGAME

So I watched a video on IGN and saw this quick snip of Stormtroopers in black armor with a white insignia on the their chest...who are they? Darktroopers? New trooper from the upcoming movie?

Dark%20Troopers_zpszymkkd0q.png

So stupid that those capital ships are inside the atmosphere. So much work was put to make the graphics seem as authentic as possible, and some guy gets the idea to put those ships up there so that it looks busier.

I don't even recognize that ship from any of the movies. Is it part of the Rebel fleet from Return of the Jedi?

BizzyBum

Same, worst part is it comes out a week after Fallout 4.

This... is the main reason I probably won't play much of this during the first couple of weeks. I loved the beta but once Fallout 4 is out that's pretty much all I will be playing for the foreseeable future.

So stupid that those capital ships are inside the atmosphere. So much work was put to make the graphics seem as authentic as possible, and some guy gets the idea to put those ships up there so that it looks busier.

In the prequels and Clone Wars series, capital ships can be in atmosphere.

Voidwolf

Wampas can kill you if you run out of bounds. I died to them twice (on purpose) after running at the AT-AT to throw my Ion grenades.

Of course you never actually see the Wampas.

It's hilarious when you fly a fighter out of bounds and it gets blown up by a Wampa.

So I watched a video on IGN and saw this quick snip of Stormtroopers in black armor with a white insignia on the their chest...who are they? Darktroopers? New trooper from the upcoming movie?

Shadowtroopers most likely, Darktroopers were actually battle droids and much bigger than a person.

Caode

Walker Assault was really satisfying when you were part of a team that really focused on what they had to do - and took down the AT-AT's before they even passed the first set of uplinks. I noticed as the weekend went on, each time playing as the rebels, people were slowly starting to focus on the objectives at hand instead of running and gunning randomly around the map.

EpOlGKC.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
$45 with the 25% off code at Green Man Gaming is a great AU price. Much better than Origin's AU$89.99.

BraXzy

Pretty tempted to pick up the final game after playing a good deal of the beta. Incredible production values in audio and the visuals. Gameplay was pretty good and satisfying, at times incredibly frustrating, but still.

There are so many games coming out though I don't know if I'd ever play it enough. I was craving the game today though, after raiding on Destiny for a few hours I was like yeah lets hop on battlefront but of course it's ended.

I think I'll hold off on release and see how hyped the upcoming movie makes me for more Star Wars.

prag16

Banned
Fuuuuuuu... Just got a GMG 25% off email. Hard to resist

I picked it up from GMG in August, during another 25% off deal. The site still says "Other" DRM (not Origin) and doesn't list a date for availability when I go to my Games library on the site.

Does GMG typically distribute Origin keys in time for preloading? I enjoyed the Beta, and I know I'm not gonna want to wait to play this come launch..

Maybe I'm alone in this one but I wish when Luke and Vader for example clash instead of the awkward way of fighting now it would start a short and fun duel minigame of sorts.

Maybe I'm alone in this one but I wish when Luke and Vader for example clash instead of the awkward way of fighting now it would start a short and fun duel minigame of sorts.

Interesting idea. Would make it much more impactful/satisfying actually seeing them collide like it should be. As of now it's kind of just them flailing around and is largely dependent on which one started out with their cool downs not up/lower hp. Would love to see this idea expanded on, give them immunity to other outside sources of damage and just let the battle take place with a scripted set of animations. Not sure what the best way to do the minigame would be? QTES would be too gimmicky but it definitely needs to be less derpier then it is currently.

I'm curious how big that Moba mode might get...

Wait, what? Could you clarify a little?

causan

Dammit just installed this today lol. Didn't realize this beta was going on till this morning. Guess I'll just have to wait till next month.

jacksrb

Wampas can kill you if you run out of bounds. I died to them twice (on purpose) after running at the AT-AT to throw my Ion grenades.

Of course you never actually see the Wampas.

Ha! It says a tuskan raider killed you on tatoine...

Didn't try on sullust.

I picked it up from GMG in August, during another 25% off deal. The site still says "Other" DRM (not Origin) and doesn't list a date for availability when I go to my Games library on the site.

Does GMG typically distribute Origin keys in time for preloading? I enjoyed the Beta, and I know I'm not gonna want to wait to play this come launch..

Yeah they're usually pretty good about Origin keys. Bought BF4 from them as well, and got the key with plenty of time to download the game before launch.

Prototype

Now that the beta is over I really miss it.

Tried to play battlefield 4 and just couldn't.

Battlefronts arcade like feel and format makes this the perfect Shooting game for me. The pick up and go nature of the game is its biggest strength.

DOWN

Banned
I'd say don't bother with Battlefield 4 if you are really trying to replicate Battlefront. Feels totally different outside of some atmosphere elements.

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare is indeed a similar feel, but I want the laser sounds back ASAP. I'm actually a little pissed daylight savings is going to make this game an hour farther away than I initially thought.

majik13

It would have been very nice if you ran through the back of the base you had a chance of running into a Wampa coming out of one of the doors. (Like the cut scene in Empire.)

Wampa caves are actually going to be in other modes. I'm not sure if Wampas will actually appear though. Would be neat to see.

In the beta when you died from being out of bounds for too long it would say...

"Killed by Wampa"

edit: beaten by a wampa

dr guildo

Dammit just installed this today lol. Didn't realize this beta was going on till this morning. Guess I'll just have to wait till next month.

I have still access to the beta, because I suspended my PS4 during solo mission on Tatooine when the beta stopped, and I can retry it over and over until I choose to leave the game.

Top Bottom