• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

YesNo:

Paranoid in this case could just be flavor and unrelated to the type of paranoid modifier you are talking about.

If OA is telling the truth he really is a Paranoid Rebel, Hutts wanted to kill Johnny N4, so they sent a thief to him N3 to be sure no shield. Totally a likely scenario.

If OA is lying, he is a Hutt who came up with the role name to fool us or he is a Paranoid Hutt and changed Hutt to Rebel for obvious reasons. Also a likely scenario.

The problem with the situation is without another source of verification we have no way of knowing either way unless we detain him.

The good news is if we are wrong we probably still have 2 more mislynches left, so we aren't in awful shape.

Also at this point mafia can only kill someone who could be the IA or isn't cleared from being a main hutt. So they are narrowing down our choices a bit.

But, I was reading Johnny's post and I agree with him. Why not target the combat buddies instead? They are more likely to have been given a shield?

It seems ... wildly coincidental that they would have targetted Johnny AND stolen a shield by chance. IDK.

i needs more info and discussion to achieve clarity for voting. at this stage, i'm still mulling over some stuff, but OA needs to come up with better explanation, i should think.

CzarTim

No, here is what OA is saying:

OA has a shield. Johnny switches himself with OA. Thief goes after Johnny but is switched to OA. Thief takes OA's shield by accident. Thief did not hit the buddies because mafia weren't planning on killing them n4. Thief is effectively the hutt's lookout, hitting their next target the night before.

Go back to day 2 and look at how hard Mak pushed for shields over guns. I think it's because he knew shields were of little threat to mafia since at that point he knew there was a thief but we didn't. Meanwhile guns can be used before thief grabs them (as I'm sure they asked matty after the first armorer died).

No, here is what OA is saying:

OA has a shield. Johnny switches himself with OA. Thief goes after Johnny but is switched to OA. Thief takes OA's shield by accident. Thief did not hit the buddies because mafia weren't planning on killing them n4. Thief is effectively the hutt's lookout, hitting their next target the night before.

Go back to day 2 and look at how hard Mak pushed for shields over guns. I think it's because he knew shields were of little threat to mafia since at that point he knew there was a thief but we didn't. Meanwhile guns can be used before thief grabs them (as I'm sure they asked matty after the first armorer died).

Why Johnny though? Would thief has any notions that Johnny has anything to steal?

Why thief not target someone else that has more likelihood of having stealable stuff?

Accidental shield lost seems.... hutt-convenient.

:x

CzarTim

I agree it's convenient, which is why we are likely voting for him today.

Hutts do not know who has the N2 shield. Thief is likely hutt aligned. Thief hits people mafia want to kill next. Johnny was generally trusted and considered town, he had not claimed. So he could have had a power role. Hutts will value power roles over all else. Johnny could have been their next target.

Or not, hence our position today.

Ya. So, I'm leaning towards OA for now, but I'd like to know more from OA.

Or, if there's a way that we can use his Paranoid Rebel role to town's advantage, I'm also very open to have this discussion.

But for now I will wait for OA to give me more info.

So, putting that discussion aside for the moment, I'd like to ask traube if his ability has resetted? If it has, then basically he can override our votes again for the end of today?

Swamped

Banned
6D1w4XP.jpg

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Can anyone think of a reason why the thief would target Johnny, instead of Oceanic or anyone else? The only thing I can think of is if the thief some how knew about Johnny's swapping ability and was counting on him swapping with Oceanic or someone else with a item. The chances of that seem low. Even if the hutts had some sort of investigate role, wouldn't the most it would do is say he was a smuggler?

Palmer_v1

Can anyone think of a reason why the thief would target Johnny, instead of Oceanic or anyone else? The only thing I can think of is if the thief some how knew about Johnny's swapping ability and was counting on him swapping with Oceanic or someone else with a item. The chances of that seem low. Even if the hutts had some sort of investigate role, wouldn't the most it would do is say he was a smuggler?

Stealing from him a turn before they planned to kill him isn't unreasonable. After Setre, the next semi-obvious choice would be the combat buddies. After that, Johnny was as good as any other rebel.

The fact that they're still alive worries me. Are we absolutely certain they have the exact same role? Could one of them actually be Hutt aligned while the other is Town?

Stealing from him a turn before they planned to kill him isn't unreasonable. After Setre, the next semi-obvious choice would be the combat buddies. After that, Johnny was as good as any other rebel.

The fact that they're still alive worries me. Are we absolutely certain they have the exact same role? Could one of them actually be Hutt aligned while the other is Town?

I too am worried about the combat buddies. In the previous game, that was el topo and I's main concern about coming clean. We knew that barring an investigator or doctor night kill from them we were certain they would kill us. Two for the price of one. Worthy and Zubz have it easy by comparison, if one of them died during the day the other gets to continue on. El topo and I were stuck together, if one of us died, we both died (Crab even had special death planned for the remaining partner)

that and oceanic's lack of posting? Where is the defense?

I'm on my phone so I can't really copy/paste, but I think my earlier post sort of explains why TWE/Zubz may still be alive. Basically, either TWE/Zubz hadn't revealed themselves (N1) or the Hutts had better options. Even if they are telling the truth, beyond their side forum they have no actual powers. They aren't really a threat to the Hutts. Everyone the Hutts have targeted N2 - N4 has had an actual power. They targeted Palmer N2, Quantum N3 and Setre N4. I suspect traube may be in danger this evening, since his override may recharge if it hasn't already. TWE/Zubz will probably be the game ending night kill since it's a twofer.

The other option is, of course, that they have been lying this entire time and decided to go with a super ballsy Hutt play on Day 2. I'm not 100% ruling that option out, but I think at this point Occams Razor says they're Rebels.

CzarTim

No offense to Worthy or Zubz but they haven't been a super big threat to the hutts so far. Hutts can always save them for last, in the hopes that we get spooked and mislynch them before that. Also I agree with AB that the hutts kill order so far makes sense (though it's ironic they valued getting QB over Setre as that's what got Mak killed.)

I believe raindoc is the only player who hasn't checked in today?

Palmer_v1

Doesn't seem like anything is going to happen today, so:

Vote: OceanicAir

I don't have a great feeling about it, but it's the logical choice.

Zubz

Banned
No offense to Worthy or Zubz but they haven't been a super big threat to the hutts so far. Hutts can always save them for last, in the hopes that we get spooked and mislynch them before that. Also I agree with AB that the hutts kill order so far makes sense (though it's ironic they valued getting QB over Setre as that's what got Mak killed.)

I believe raindoc is the only player who hasn't checked in today?

None taken; we know we're not a threat to the Hutts. If anything, we're just a target for them. Edge & I actually started thinking that the Hutts forgot our mechanic, so we stopped talking about it and looked at everyone who remembered it as somewhat-safe. It's why I personally trust Zipped, and what got me to trust Setre: They both brought it up, but weren't killing us at night while we were thinking we were the biggest Hutt Targets out there (In our defense, we weren't sure QB/Setre were telling the truth until Setre brought it up; QB's questions led to some wariness in retrospect, but Setre understood the mechanic and didn't just night-kill us there). In fact, I'm still not so sure what made TB a bigger target than us, or why the Hutts would choose him over us or the role-claimed Setre...

But yeah... Unless a game-changing power role comes out, I'm wholeheartedly aware we're next on the chopping block, unless the remaining Hutts are trying to paint Edge & I as Hutts.

Edge asked me the same thing. That had me trusting him, seeing how he actually bothered to ask. If we were both Hutts, I don't see why the role wouldn't make that clear, so I assumed that if Edge asked, then either he wasn't a Hutt, or was a Hutt and would thus know that I wasn't.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Doesn't seem like anything is going to happen today, so:

[highlights]Vote: OceanicAir[/highlights]

I don't have a great feeling about it, but it's the logical choice.

Yeah, I feel like it is the best option, but it feels too easy and that scares me, considering how this game has been going. Unless someone comes up with a good reason for Johnny to be targeted for the thief or, as you mentioned, possibly death, if maybe they were trying to clear him of items for a next day kill, I think it's the only option right now.

Vote: OceanicAir

Oh. I got confused, then; I thought Johnny only switched Items, not Kills, too.

Even though I don't think this was clarified before quicknives escaped, but his role was generic enough that it said "swap two players". The interpretation based on a similar character last game is that swapped players get every action that would have happened switched. This requires the hutt to have targeted Palmer on night 2 to kill terrabyte...

This gets me thinking though...

I'll post more after rereading...

I was going to vote oceanic, but the thought has me want to retread something from earlier in the thread that may change my mind.

Zubz

Banned
Even though I don't think this was clarified before quicknives escaped, but his role was generic enough that it said "swap two players". The interpretation based on a similar character last game is that swapped players get every action that would have happened switched. This requires the hutt to have targeted Palmer on night 2 to kill terrabyte...

This gets me thinking though...

I'll post more after rereading...

I was going to vote oceanic, but the thought has me want to retread something from earlier in the thread that may change my mind.

Oh? Do go on... I've played with Muddler's before, but the role title of "Smuggler" made me think that it only applied to smuggling items, and not muddling actions.

Matty can you clarify? Just in case.

I don't think he can, if Mattyg tells us that only item dispersal switches then that means that oceanicair could be telling the truth. If he tells us that everything switches then it Means that some one posted that Palmer was the target night 2 early... before anyone but the mafia would have known who the real target that night was

I'd really like to hear more of a defense from OA, but at this rate I'll probably vote for them soon.

But yeah... Unless a game-changing power role comes out, I'm wholeheartedly aware we're next on the chopping block, unless the remaining Hutts are trying to paint Edge & I as Hutts.

I could see you guys, Palmer, or CzarTim being targets tonight- the latter two due to their activity levels and overall usefulness to Town (ironic considering Palmer is supposedly neutral). I think losing those two would cripple us, unless the rest of us really stepped it up.

I'm not convinced we should be voting for OA yet. I know he has not been seen but I'm still hankering for more information and discussion about this. Oceanicccc! I still have some hopes that you may yet provide further explanation about your role!

Has Traube checked in for today? Still need some confirmation if his ability has recharged or not. If it has, virtually, he's holding the final say for today's vote.

Zipped, seems like you're on to a theory? Please do come back to discuss once you're ready! :D

At this stage, I agree with the others, Palmer, traube and the combat buddies are in danger for tonight's mafia kill. Not sure in which order though... Palmer seems to indicate in previous pages that he has an ability that can somewhat protect him? Not sure, im just going by my hazy memories here. But if he does, it would be good to know that maybe he's not as threatened as the others.

However, barring strong theories presenting today, I do have to admit that my vote is leaning towards OceanicAir. I still will hold back from casting it at this stage though.

Zipped, seems like you're on to a theory? Please do come back to discuss once you're ready! :D

I have a theory going that there are two mafia left (not including the imperial spy dude). One is a high poster in this thread (similar to pants and traube last game) and the other is a low-medium poster (I would fall in that category, but RNH and lord of castemere were this last game)

I have more to support this feeling, but to say anymore gives away one of them.

Palmer_v1

I have a theory going that there are two mafia left (not including the imperial spy dude). One is a high poster in this thread (similar to pants and traube last game) and the other is a low-medium poster (I would fall in that category, but RNH and lord of castemere were this last game)

Why wouldnt you want to reveal one?

Lay it on us. I'd especially like to know who your high post count suspect is.

Zubz

Banned

Oh? Now I'm really curious...

Ok here is my theory in the high poster. By total post count he is only top ten, but by surviving players he is number 4 ( by a huge margin, Czartim you have 7 pages of posts to go through).

Absolutbro. Part of this theory is based on his "malaise" with the last game where he was a villager. Participated, but not too extremes. Stayed on people's radar more for inaction than for voting patterns. Here he has been active since roles were given out, his vote for makai was about as "I'm sorry but I'm doing this to throw off suspicion" as I saw. He even apologized numerous times. He "pounds" the board for votes on the "medium posters". Which by this point is liable to have more rebels than hutt in it due to the alternate board colluding.

Him and my second person (who I am not saying) try to avoid cross posting (posting too close together) which they also did with makai (by trying to limit interaction on this board).

Overall this isn't a "damming" theory, I have no hard facts or Phoenix wright style objections for this just almost 90 posts of reviews and comparing to others.

I also think it is likely that he is bringing up people means that the hutt group still has no clue as to the imperial spy. This is really sucks. It's going to be damn near impossible to smoke that player out otherwise

CzarTim

OA - If you are really a rebel the best thing you could do for us right now is give us your opinions on who we should look at tomorrow. We won't have any leads so having the thoughts of a confirmed rebel would be nice. Remember all rebels win whether alive or dead if town wins, so help us win!

It would also be great if raindoc said litterally anything today.

redhood56

Banned
I can't tell if this is a bit or if you always post this way. I had to double check that the first post and third post weren't to the same person, they aren't.
Hello I am back from my e3 vacation and well this is just who I am. It ain't shit captn. OA is probably going to be the detaine unless he comes out with something.

Zatoth

I am currently trying to reread the entire thread.

Just want to ask something. Do we have any reason to believe that Palmer is NOT the second undercover agent?

Hopefully my tablet will let me format this correctly, mobileGAF doesnt have a Preview Post button, so sorry if this breaks.

Ok here is my theory in the high poster. By total post count he is only top ten, but by surviving players he is number 4 ( by a huge margin, Czartim you have 7 pages of posts to go through).

Absolutbro. Part of this theory is based on his "malaise" with the last game where he was a villager. Participated, but not too extremes. Stayed on people's radar more for inaction than for voting patterns. Here he has been active since roles were given out, his vote for makai was about as "I'm sorry but I'm doing this to throw off suspicion" as I saw. He even apologized numerous times. He "pounds" the board for votes on the "medium posters". Which by this point is liable to have more rebels than hutt in it due to the alternate board colluding.

Him and my second person (who I am not saying) try to avoid cross posting (posting too close together) which they also did with makai (by trying to limit interaction on this board).

Overall this isn't a "damming" theory, I have no hard facts or Phoenix wright style objections for this just almost 90 posts of reviews and comparing to others.

I also think it is likely that he is bringing up people means that the hutt group still has no clue as to the imperial spy. This is really sucks. It's going to be damn near impossible to smoke that player out otherwise
My "malaise" last game was because it was my first time playing mafia ever. Not just forum mafia, mind, any mafia. Even in that thread you can see that towards the end of the game as I got more comfortable playing I posted more and more. This is my second game now, and about as different from the first at it is possible to be! Plus I love Star Wars, so it shoudn't be too surprising.

Re: Makai - You will note that I voted for him Night 3, and stuck with that vote through the insane vote swirling that followed. I also voted for him again the next day and made several pretty concise posts on why we, as a group, had to. Now, this could all be some sort of elaborate ruse, throwing him under the bus to gain trust and deflect suspicions. Except there were no suspicions to deflect. And there's a simpler answer: Im a rebel trying to win.

As for "pounding" the boards, Ive suggested I think once, maybe twice, that we should look into you and Matt Attack. You two have seemed to be slipping past most peoples' attentions as we focus on other players. That's something we cant really afford to do; look past players.

I thought he had already claimed something. I just cant remember. I wasnt advocating a new role claim
I soft claimed on day 3. I am an Ordinary Rebel (feels like the only one sometimes with all these powers floating around!)

Zubz

Banned
Just as a heads-up, I'm going to go dark from, like, now, until I'm done watching the Nintendo E3 Direct. Between working/class until 8, a chameleon to take care of, and dinner, I'm not posting anything else for, like, 11-12 hours. Sorry for a lack of activity until then!

And to Absolut, I currently believe you're an Ordinary Rebel, but technically, the Undercover Imperial's only power is voting, too. Seriously, this role is powerless, especially without Swamped around, but it has me paranoid.

Palmer_v1

I am currently trying to reread the entire thread.

Just want to ask something. Do we have any reason to believe that Palmer is NOT the second undercover agent?

There's a few reasons to believe I'm not a main Hutt(Setre, Johnny, Makai), but none of those explicitly clear me of being the other Undercover Rebel I guess.

On the other hand, do any of my actions seem like they make sense for the Undercover Imperial?

And to Absolut, I currently believe you're an Ordinary Rebel, but technically, the Undercover Imperial's only power is voting, too. Seriously, this role is powerless, especially without Swamped around, but it has me paranoid.
Fair enough. In the end, there is not much I can say to prove I am who I say I am. We dont have a role or faction cop anymore. I think my posts sort of speak for themselves.

Zatoth

We were really active on day 1. Almost 800 posts before the day ended. oO

As soon as exmachina64 became an easy target, the following people piled on:

Blargonaut
Raindoc
Zippedinhead
Matt Attack
TheWorthyEdge
eJawa

There's likely a Mafia in this pile. I'm keeping my vote on TheWorthyEdge, and trusting my initial instinct about exmachina64.

Just quoting this because I think it is true. I am in favour of voting for one those.

Top Bottom