• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

MattyG

Banned
A new day dawns...

After Johnnyquicknives' daring escape, the group is understandably frustrated and discouraged. However, the detainment of the Hutt Goon gives them some hope for their survival...

Until a new victim is discovered. Lying in the middle of the camp with a blaster wound to their head and a Rebel Alliance officer's badge in their hand is Setre, the Rebel Officer.
Welcome!

You are a Rebel Officer.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

As the only remaining officer in the group, it is your job to keep everyone safe while also remaining vigilant. Everyone is a suspect, so keep your eye out for suspicious activity. Once per night, you can choose a player to watch and receive a report on any activity they preform.* To do so, PM me the command OBSERVE: MattyG.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

*Note: This was later changed to make the report show if activity was performed by or on the target, rather than just activity by the target.

Day 5 officially begins...

t1434585600z1.png

redhood56

Banned
We have a lot to talk about. This was a much longer post but I accidentally refreshed the page because I hate life. Basically all I said is that I am 50 50 on if Traubes message was from the mafia or a town power role. It sounds like it could be useful but it could be used to get palmer detained trying to get the town that he was an antitown neutral. I don't think there are that many mafia because thee are 2 undercover imperials. I believe yesnoyes is an ordinary rebel as anyone with an interesting role would stay in the game.

Now for me, I am in a pretty good spot gamewise. That sounds weird because everyone finds me suspicous...except the mafia! They know I am an undercover imperial or an ordinary rebel that doesn't have any power. The mafia has no reason to kill me the only way I am biting the dust is by detainment. I am in this game for the long term so get used to me.
RIP Setre god damnit we lost a major power role.

psssst. I am not the undercover imperial damnit.

CzarTim

sPh2WhM.gif

RIP Setre. You made good picks for your ability imo, and thanks to you we got Mak.

Something I didn’t consider until after the day ended: If QB had given Johnny a shield or gun N3 we wouldn’t have known about it. I really wish I had thought of that yesterday, as it would have made me much more comfortable with that vote. I wish I had asked Johnny if he knew how many disruptions he had caused, but I feel like he would have mentioned it if he did.

Also who called the message bs?

< this guy did

Could be a coincidence, but Mak and raindoc voted the same way nights 1, 2, and 3. So congrats raindoc, either you are a mafia or you think just like one!

Also lol we would have gotten a scum day 3 had traube not used his ability.
I don’t blame you for using it.

CzarTim

Basically all I said is that I am 50 50 on if Traubes message was from the mafia or a town power role. It sounds like it could be useful but it could be used to get palmer detained trying to get the town that he was an antitown neutral..

Absolutely not. We would have had nights with 2 messages.

Zero idea why Mak played the way he did with that ability. I would have either said my name night one and claimed town crier or never used it so as to not get caught. Esp after night 2 with the cop dead and only blarg seen a message so no way to confirm if it existed.

redhood56

Banned

Zero idea why Mak played the way he did with that ability. I would have either said my name night one and claimed town crier or never used it so as to not get caught. Esp after night 2 with the cop dead and only blarg seen a message so no way to confirm if it existed.
Yeah you are right my bad, it looks like the mafia want Palmer gonzo.

Zubz

Banned
RIP Setre. Honestly, with his power, I'm surprised he didn't die sooner, though.

But without Setre... This could be bad. He's been pretty helpful, and there aren't too many people I'm suspicious of. At the very least, we have 2 more people left to detain (I'd guess 4, though). Hopefully someone else has info today, because without a Force Adept or Officer, we're just throwing darts at a board, outside of that suspicious comment Johnny made about OA.

Palmer_v1

sPh2WhM.gif

RIP Setre. You made good picks for your ability imo, and thanks to you we got Mak.

Something I didn’t consider until after the day ended: If QB had given Johnny a shield or gun N3 we wouldn’t have known about it. I really wish I had thought of that yesterday, as it would have made me much more comfortable with that vote. I wish I had asked Johnny if he knew how many disruptions he had caused, but I feel like he would have mentioned it if he did.

Also who called the message bs?

< this guy did

Could be a coincidence, but Mak and raindoc voted the same way nights 1, 2, and 3. So congrats raindoc, either you are a mafia or you think just like one!

The first days were a wreck as far as voting goes. Day 1 is only useful if you think TWE, and thus Zubz, are Hutts. Day 2, again, was a crap shoot. We might learn something from yesterday though. I can't take anything that happened those other days seriously. Yesterday was the first remotely rational voting period we've had.

Note that your comment about traube MIGHT have merit. We don't have proof about him yet, and killing Barrylocke might have been specifically to keep Makai alive.

Here's the list of live players btw. Now that we're out of revealed power roles, this could go anywhere.

Traube
Redhood56
Palmer_v1
CzarTim
OceanicAir
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro
TheWorthyEdge
Matt Attack
Zubz
Raindoc
ejawa
YesNOnoNOYes

Means 7 is a majority now.

Palmer_v1

I think the point was that if they figured out who the Undercover Imperials were, they could use makai to send messages. The problem seems to be that makai chose our LEAST reliable people to send messages to.

MattyG

Banned
Matty was Setre's role PM updated? That sounds like a tracker from the info.
In the original PM (the one that I just posted), I accidentally wrote that his ability was to only show if his target had performed an action. I sent him a followup a bit later that clarified that it would show if action was performed by or on the target (but it wouldn't be specified which it was). Just a little inconsistency/mistake on my part (again!). I'll edit that into the death post.

CzarTim

The first days were a wreck as far as voting goes. Day 1 is only useful if you think TWE, and thus Zubz, are Hutts. Day 2, again, was a crap shoot. We might learn something from yesterday though. I can't take anything that happened those other days seriously. Yesterday was the first remotely rational voting period we've had.

Day 2 is the crap shoot day. Day 1 they both voted no detain, I'm not sure what worthy has to do with that? Day 3 they both voted you pre-craziness. Coincidence? Probably, but we shouldn't write it completely off.

Also speaking of day one, I think there is a good possibility the IAs did not have a forum to communicate in given swamp's role PM not mentioning one whereas Mak's did. In that case I think there is a good chance the IAs voted together that day. Can't say 100% for sure, of course, but without a way to coordinate and voting their only power, I think there's a chance.

Here are the 3 people alive who voted for ex along with swamped:

Redhood56
TheWorthyEdge
ejawa

Worthy can't be the IA, but we should def. consider the other two.

redhood56

Banned
Day 2 is the crap shoot day. Day 1 they both voted no detain, I'm not sure what worthy has to do with that? Day 3 they both voted you pre-craziness. Coincidence? Probably, but we shouldn't write it completely off.

Also speaking of day one, I think there is a good possibility the IAs did not have a forum to communicate in given swamp's role PM not mentioning one whereas Mak's did. In that case I think there is a good chance the IAs voted together that day. Can't say 100% for sure, of course, but without a way to coordinate and voting their only power, I think there's a chance.

Redhood56
TheWorthyEdge
ejawa

Really sweetheart it isn't me. I have to look over ejawas posts again though.

CzarTim

Really sweetheart it isn't me. I have to look over ejawas posts again though.

I'd vote ejawa before you.

I also don't think we should go IA hunting today either since there is still a chance the Hutts might hit him by accident and we need to get the hutts with night actions first. I just wanted to bring it up.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Aw, man. RIP Setre. :( You were the first player that I really trusted. At least I know I was trusting the right person.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised people are still suspicious of me, but still... Makai was one of my main targets yesterday. I made several posts why Makai should be voted for. I was in favor originally voting for Oceanic first, but I was still outspoken about my suspicion of Makai. I guess you could argue that I could see where the tide was going and took the opportunity to try and gain the group's trust, after my last three poor voting choices, except I was also originally voting for of him in day 3. I just wish I didn't let his "claim" that day sway me.

Now that Johnny's role is confirmed, should we talk about Oceanic now? He was a major target last time, but people wanted to wait to see if Johnny was telling the truth about his role. Obviously we shouldn't rush a vote, in case any other info pops up, but he is at the top of my list.

CzarTim

Unless someone comes forward with some new information today, I think OA is the best vote. There is a chance he is telling the truth, but the only way for us to know for sure is detaining him. Getting Mak bought us a couple days, and OA will likely be the last vote that we can make with at least some evidence to back up. From then on it's going to be rough.

CzarTim

ejawa: I think you might be the IA, not a main hutt. If the other IA dies before you, you are confirmed town via Setre imo as I think the other 2 or 3 (prob 2) main hutts have night actions. Therefore your voting Mak is irrelevant.

Palmer_v1

Redhood56
TheWorthyEdge
ejawa

Oh sorry, for Day 1, I assumed they had voted exmachina. No Detain doesn't give us a ton of helpful info either. No Detain on that day is as good as an exmachina vote since it was clear there was going to be a detainment.

Don't trust TWE completely either. They could still be a clever pair of Hutts. Probably not Undercover Imperial though.

Never been more glad to be wrong about somebody (Makai). Also, RIP Setre- I always believed in you.

Now that Johnny's role is confirmed, should we talk about Oceanic now? He was a major target last time, but people wanted to wait to see if Johnny was telling the truth about his role. Obviously we shouldn't rush a vote, in case any other info pops up, but he is at the top of my list.

OA is absolutely worth discussing- with Johnny's role confirmed, they are super suspicious now.

Don't trust TWE completely either. They could still be a clever pair of Hutts. Probably not Undercover Imperial though.

I would lose my mind if those two ended up being Hutts. Sometimes I wonder if we accepted their role explanation too easily, but it seems like it would be way too risky of a Hutt move to make (not taking the possibility off of the table, of course).

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
ejawa: I think you might be the IA, not a main hutt. If the other IA dies before you, you are confirmed town via Setre imo as I think the other 2 or 3 (prob 2) main hutts have night actions. Therefore your voting Mak is irrelevant.

Fair enough. Hopefully we out the IA before it comes to that. I keep trying to write a defense on why me voting for Makai helps my case, at least a little, but then I keep thinking of reasons why the IA would say that... Having that IA out there makes things much more Myrkr.
(I spent way too much time looking up the correct spelling for that bad pun based on a EU planet)

CzarTim

To be fair, the only players who can't be the IA are Worthy, zubz, and traube. So good luck if we get to that point. I still want to know if the last IA gets the faction nk if the main hutts die; if not there will be plenty of chances to be wrong. If so... ugh.

Wow! We got one guys!

Re: mafia goon ability: did anyone get something in their PM box last night? Was there any night where two people got night time PMs? It would try and help us figure out night roles for hutts and how many goons.

Setre, you did good work.

Johnnyquicknives! You smuggler! At least now we Have this new information about oceanic air. I find it hard to believe that you got your shield stolen (if you even had a shield). I can see the reason why you would try and fake it, but not after johnnyquicknives post about switching the two of you...

CzarTim

I just reread days three and four. Honestly OA's flip could go either way for me. Unfortunately it's inevitable at this point. The good news is I think we learn a lot about who the other main hutts are by seeing if OA is telling the truth.

I am assuming we have 2 more main hutts. The role PM said Mak's "partners are" and not "partner is". Also I think 6 hutts would be too much along with johnny.

If OA flips Hutt, I do not think traube can be Hutt given how hard traube went after OA from day one. If traube was bussing early, I think he'd pick a more expendable role like Mak's. If OA flips town, traube looks much worse between that and using his ability to save mak. But even then we would have to assume the main hutt team would be thief, messenger, and overrider. Which seems kind of weak.

If OA flips hutt, worthy and zubz have to be town as otherwise it would mean we started with 6 hutts which seems unlikely. Even if OA flips town though, worthy and zubz would have to be pretty ballsy to pull that move day 2.

Palmer and ejawa almost certainly aren't main hutts via setre.

If OA is a main hutt, who is the final one from this list?

Traube
Redhood56
CzarTim
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro
Matt Attack
Raindoc
YesNOnoNOYes

If OA is town who are the final two main hutts?

Traube
Redhood56
Palmer_v1
CzarTim
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro
TheWorthyEdge
Matt Attack
Zubz
Raindoc
YesNOnoNOYes

CzarTim

Zipp, I would like to ask you a question about this post:

I posted regular rebel because I wasn't thinking about it. I didn't think that grammar and exact text would matter at the time. I just saw a bunch of people start voting for me, and all I am is an ordinary rebel. As much as makai and czartim are anyways

At that point I had not claimed ordinary rebel, why did you say I had?

Zubz

Banned
It just hit me that, if the UI was the only Hutt left, we'd have deathless night cycles. I mean, we don't know who's who anyway, but I feel that Hutt Goons should be prioritized over UI's at this point.

Zatoth

Yeah. But I really thought that redhood received more votes. Hope at least redhood is no Hutt player. Would have saved two enemies that day otherwise.

CzarTim

Mak was REALLY on worthy and zubz's case tho:

You also quickly voted for swamped to break the tie when vote pressure was applied to you. However, that is totally rational given your circumstances and is not inherently suspicious.
Totally agreed. His roleclaim is about as falsifiable as we're gonna get, so if his pal doesn't show up I'm probably voting for him. Not to mention he's clearly the most insane among us.
Great! I would prefer if your partner came out without your help, though. If you two are some sort of Hutt lovers, I don't want you coordinating your stories. Ball's in your court, Mystery Man.
Playing the long game, I see.
So combat buddies only die together if they're killed by Hutts, not detained?

Like maybe, but?

Zipp, I would like to ask you a question about this post:

At that point I had not claimed ordinary rebel, why did you say I had?

Because at the time I was (and am) convinced you are a rebel. I thought makai was a rebel at the time as well.

Opinions change on some, become more convincing on others. I really didn't think that the text that I used to describe my rebelness to everyone would be under such scrutiny. Of course if you turn out hutt, then I will feel like a giant idiot

Zubz

Banned
I just have a really bad feeling about TWE and Zubz. Look how inactive TWE has gone lately as well.

I think Edge has been pretty busy. Matty and I were the only ones who used our side forum during the last day phase.

Out of curiosity, what else has you suspicious?

CzarTim

Because at the time I was (and am) convinced you are a rebel. I thought makai was a rebel at the time as well.

Opinions change on some, become more convincing on others. I really didn't think that the text that I used to describe my rebelness to everyone would be under such scrutiny. Of course if you turn out hutt, then I will feel like a giant idiot

Oh so you were saying you thought I was a rebel generally rather than saying I was specifically an Ordinary Rebel?

Setre ;___;

Thanks for letting us catch one of the Hutts! o7

And now that johnny's claim is proven, I'm going to take what he said as facts. So Day 2, the Hutts were trying to kill Palmer. I wonder why? Do they just find Palmer too influential? Isn't this the day where the Combat Buddies revealed themselves? It's rather curious that they're still alive.

Nevertheless, there's a higher probability that Palmer, traube, or the Combat Buddies to die tonight. So you guys should let us know your thoughts before Day 5 ends.

Based on Makai's role description, there are at least 2 Hutts left and 1 Undercover. Oceanic Air is the top of my most suspicious list (thanks again johnny for the lead), so I'm going to browse for his old posts before casting my vote. The joy of joining the game mid way >___<.

You know Zubz and I could be Hutts but honestly why would I just blatantly stop posting like that? You would think that even though I am busy I would have to post about 10 or 12 times a day still to not look suspicious.

I still don't like Czar in our game being a Neutral unless something came to shed light. Oceanics flip is kind of suspicious to me as well.

CzarTim

You know Zubz and I could be Hutts but honestly why would I just blatantly stop posting like that? You would think that even though I am busy I would have to post about 10 or 12 times a day still to not look suspicious.

I still don't like Czar in our game being a Neutral unless something came to shed light. Oceanics flip is kind of suspicious to me as well.

Palmer ;)

Palmer_v1

I was targeted by the mafia Night 2 and saved by johnny. I was sort of cleared by Setre. I led the detainment push for Makai for two days. Is that not enough proof for you?

I understand why I'm most likely to be the next person to go. I'd probably vote for me myself if I didn't know I was a paranoid rebel. It's quite frustrating to not be able to prove what I'm saying. But as I said before, I am worried about the bandwagon that originally came around me during the nonsense of round 3 as I think way too many mafia were on that wagon especially among my fellow suspects (ejawa who won't claim and redhood who claimed OR).

RIP Setre. Sadly this was only matter of time given you were our last, known, investigative role.

Redhood56
TheWorthyEdge
ejawa

Let's not forget that plenty of people voted for exmac but then changed their votes. It's possible that once exmac became the obvious detainee that one of the UIs swapped their vote off exmac to avoid this exact suspicion.

That adds:
Zippedpinhead
Matt Attack
eJawa
raindoc

Which unfortunately brings the list over half the remaining players, but I do feel it's an important thing to consider, at least.

Re: Palmer - I am not sure why TWE is still riding him, but I'm pretty fully convinced that he is who he (vaguely) says he is.

Re: traube - while I do think we have to consider the possibility that he may be a hutt, I find it very, very unlikely. That would be an extremely public role for a hutt player to have, where most of their powers tend to be night powers. Even had the thief managed to get their hands on a blaster, that would have been a night action (as was stealing it in the first place).

Re: TWE/Zubz - I've had and continue to have that small nagging voice that says they're lying, but honestly at this point I'm fairly sure they're rebels. I was a bit surprised they lasted this long, but honestly when you look at the night kills it makes sense:

Night 1: They picked LoC I'm assuming based on his sheer forcefulness in keeping focused. They couldn't have that sort of thing sticking around. TWE/Zubz also hadn't been revealed as battlebros yet.

Night 2: Blargonaut. Terrabyte bites it for Palmer, who has revealed he has powers. Since his full role is (mostly) revealed later, it doesn't make sense to kill him anymore. They can target other people in the hopes that they trigger Palmer's lose condition.

Night 3: QuantumBro. Shields stop night kills. Night kills are likely their only way to kill. Ergo, removing him is more important than killing the Battlebros.

Night 4: Setre. With Blargo dead, Setre was the last role that could give them away going forward. Setre had to go.

I think it more than likely that TWE/Zubz will go tonight, maybe tomorrow night depending on OA's flip. That, plus today's detain will drop us to 10 players. Again, worst case scenario we have 4 hutts left right now (including the UI). I know that sounds like a lot, but given the sheer number and power of Rebel power roles known/displayed so far, I don't find it to far fetched. Especially when you consider how weak the two known hutt roles are: Makai sending messages is 'meh', and the thief's power is basically done since our armorers are both dead. Add in that two of the hutt-aligned couldn't even communicate with the hutts (Makai's power didn't let the UIs talk BACK or anything), having 6 to start doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Zatoth

I think it more than likely that TWE/Zubz will go tonight, maybe tomorrow night depending on OA's flip. That, plus today's detain will drop us to 10 players. Again, worst case scenario we have 4 hutts left right now (including the UI). I know that sounds like a lot, but given the sheer number and power of Rebel power roles known/displayed so far, I don't find it to far fetched. Especially when you consider how weak the two known hutt roles are: Makai sending messages is 'meh', and the thief's power is basically done since our armorers are both dead. Add in that two of the hutt-aligned couldn't even communicate with the hutts (Makai's power didn't let the UIs talk BACK or anything), having 6 to start doesn't seem that unreasonable.

Yeah. I also think that TWE/Zubz will not be in the game much longer. Unless they are Hutt and played us the whole time. Which I highly doubt. Would be a damn risky move, unless they have some crazy power.

I am not really sure at the moment who to vote for. I'll try to reread the thread as good as possible. Not sure if I'll be able to add much tomorrow. Probably will have more time on Tuesday.

Guys, I'm just trying to put together the timeline with regards to OA after Johnny's win. Since Johnny's info now seems validated, I was wondering about OA's responses.

We gave him space to explain himself and see if Johnny's words would be true. Now that this has come to pass, I find myself more curious about OA's explanation. So far, this is the sequence of things:

So.

My role was smuggler and I had the ability to swap players during the night with the aim of disrupting deliveries from armourers.

My win condition was to either disrupt enough deliveries or to outlast the armourers, and they basically did my job for me.

Honestly during the day phases I played exactly as I would if I was town, the only slight difference being that I was fairly sure Quantum really was an armourer. Part of the reason I played this way was that until today I thought I might have been able to stay in the game even after winning.

On night 1 I swapped myself and AbsoluteBro. No real ulterior motive it was mostly because I felt I was a target and chose a fairly nondescript player to hide behind.

On night 2 I swapped Palmer and Terra. Sorry Terra. You're welcome Palmer. My original plan was to swap zubz and the worthy edge because I presumed they were getting something from Quantum and I could disrupt it. czartim made a post that made me think he had a tracking role though and I was paranoid so went for 2 slightly more outside choices.

Night 3 is the interesting one. I swapped myself and OceanicAir. My reasoning was that by now I was pretty sure I just had to outlive quantum so I'd use my skill to hide at night. Oceanic claimed to have a shield so I thought there was a high chance he would be targeted by the thief and mafia wouldn't waste a kill on him, so swapping us was win-win. The thief would fail to steal a shield and if they did try to kill me, then Oceanic would still be shielded.

But Oceanic claims his shield was stolen. For that to be true the thief had to target me, and I don't think the thief would do that. They already had Oceanic claiming to have a shield, and there was a high chance one went to either zubz or worthy on night 2. With other much better options what are the chances the thief would take a gamble stealing from me?

So you have some information to work with. Go. Go. Go.

Yup, I confirmed that all actions that would take place at night will be swapped.
My thought was that he was either lying outright about his role or he thought that after his roleclaim he could lie about being robbed while still having a shield.
Either way he's probably lying about something, either his role, or his confirmation of a thief.

Gahhhh, I can understand why people get so upset when people don't believe them. I was robbed last night, I can see why they might have targeted johnny last night since he was one of the people most considered to be town. I said before, maybe they wanted to go after a hidden shield before going after mine, no idea but don't act like it's not a possibility (that's even if he's telling the truth). While bluffing might have been a great plan, it would be rather dumb for me nearly lynched and then get caught in a lie and say I was bluffing. Again this bandwagon has grown rather quickly by people who just nod their head with what one or two people are saying without adding much themselves.

Given the known roles as of this morning, OA claiming a thief visited him was fairly low risk. If he is a Hutt with a night action, Setre would have triggered watching him to which he could merely claim it was a thief. It's a fairly safe bet to guess we don't have a tracker or watcher, so who could counter this? Also it would have been weird for him to say no thief visited him given he claimed a shield.
However, it occurs to me now that if Johnny is leaving the game tonight, we'll see his flip and confirm this info. So we can leave OA alive for one night if we want. It's just that if OA is a Hutt, I'd rather know now so we can reread the thread with a better idea of the players involved.

So, if I can summarise this:
1. The only way the shield would have been stolen is if the thief had targeted Johnny instead of OceanicAir.
2. OceanicAir then doubled down and confirmed that he thinks it is plausible for the thief to target Johnny .......................... because johnny is town??

OK. So I'm obviously new at this, so I kept reading and I saw a reference made to "Paranoid Rebel". I tried to search the wiki for it, but I couldnt really find a specific applicable role, except for the Sanities aspect that can be assigned to a Cop role.

Assuming, say, OA is a Paranoid Rebel, the wiki states that a Paranoid role is indicative of non-town alignment.

So, what I am now mulling on is two matters:

1. I dont quite know how to best deal with 'paranoid' roles.
  2. OceanicAir's 'explanation' leaves a lot to be desired. After that space we gave him to explain himself, and now with the additional knowledge that Johnny WAS telling the truth, I think he should come up with a better explanation than: "Guys, I was telling the truth! My shield was stolen (even though I was swapped with Johnny) cuz the thief somehow KNEW TO TARGET JOHNNY INSTEAD."

:x

halp

i need soundboarding. pls.

Palmer_v1

Weekend is not always good time for me to be on GAF, basically. Most of my posts are from phone, and it's tough to research anything that way.

Palmer_v1

Guys, I'm just trying to put together the timeline with regards to OA after Johnny's win. Since Johnny's info now seems validated, I was wondering about OA's responses.

We gave him space to explain himself and see if Johnny's words would be true. Now that this has come to pass, I find myself more curious about OA's explanation. So far, this is the sequence of things:

So, if I can summarise this:
1. The only way the shield would have been stolen is if the thief had targeted Johnny instead of OceanicAir.
2. OceanicAir then doubled down and confirmed that he thinks it is plausible for the thief to target Johnny .......................... because johnny is town??

OK. So I'm obviously new at this, so I kept reading and I saw a reference made to "Paranoid Rebel". I tried to search the wiki for it, but I couldnt really find a specific applicable role, except for the Sanities aspect that can be assigned to a Cop role.

Assuming, say, OA is a Paranoid Rebel, the wiki states that a Paranoid role is indicative of non-town alignment.

So, what I am now mulling on is two matters:

1. I dont quite know how to best deal with 'paranoid' roles.
  2. OceanicAir's 'explanation' leaves a lot to be desired. After that space we gave him to explain himself, and now with the additional knowledge that Johnny WAS telling the truth, I think he should come up with a better explanation than: "Guys, I was telling the truth! My shield was stolen (even though I was swapped with Johnny) cuz the thief somehow KNEW TO TARGET JOHNNY INSTEAD."

:x

halp

i need soundboarding. pls.

Should have refreshed before posting my other comment. I don't disagree with you here, but do beware of trusting the wiki definitions 100%. MattyG may have changed the way things work a bit.

Should have refreshed before posting my other comment. I don't disagree with you here, but do beware of trusting the wiki definitions 100%. MattyG may have changed the way things work a bit.

Yeah, that's why I thought I might ask fellow players about how to best deal with 'paranoid' roles.

Anyone has any ideas how to use 'paranoid' roles to town's advantage? Or even is it possible to use a 'paranoid' role to town's advantage? Any inputs?

Also, Oceanic, if you care to expand on your stance, that'd be appreciated. Right now, you are standing on shaky legs for me!

CzarTim

YesNo:

Paranoid in this case could just be flavor and unrelated to the type of paranoid modifier you are talking about.

If OA is telling the truth he really is a Paranoid Rebel, Hutts wanted to kill Johnny N4, so they sent a thief to him N3 to be sure no shield. Totally a likely scenario.

If OA is lying, he is a Hutt who came up with the role name to fool us or he is a Paranoid Hutt and changed Hutt to Rebel for obvious reasons. Also a likely scenario.

The problem with the situation is without another source of verification we have no way of knowing either way unless we detain him.

The good news is if we are wrong we probably still have 2 more mislynches left, so we aren't in awful shape.

Also at this point mafia can only kill someone who could be the IA or isn't cleared from being a main hutt. So they are narrowing down our choices a bit.

Top Bottom