• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

There's also the possibility no one got a gun. Quantum might never have given it to anyone. I still find it hard to believe that he would give it to Makai.

That's definitely the biggest point of contention for me- why in god's name would he have given Makai the gun? I can't wrap my head around that, considering he's been one of the more suspicious players to a lot of us. I don't want to discount the possibility because so much is riding on this, but why?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Crab can you confirm that an Armourer could have hypothetically given an item out the night he was nk'd.

I am not sure how MattyG has set the priorities exactly on this specific issue, but typically you can give out items the night you die, yes.

I don't know, Makai seems almost too perfect of a detain candidate. I mean, has the decision ever been so easy?

Johnny comes out right off of the bat and says he's fulfilled his neutral win condition, simultaneously pointing out a very incriminating inconsistency with OceanicAir's claims. Detaining either of them was quickly thrown off of the table because waiting until the night phase would confirm whether or not Johnny's story made sense- if he won, he'd be whisked away from the rest of us, leaving OA with a very likely detainment the following day.

At this point, Makai becomes the obvious detain candidate. His defense has him claiming that he received a gun overnight (likely from QuantumBro, unless the Hutts have an armorer of their own), and that he intends to use it on somebody he's extremely sure is a Hutt. I have trouble thinking of any reason why Makai would be the one to receive a gun, considering the fact that yesterday, a bunch of us were about ready to detain. I'm not saying QB needed to personally believe that Makai was a Hutt, but I think it's likely that there were far more trustworthy candidates to hook up with the blaster. The fact that this is so hard to believe almost makes me want to believe it, because there's simply no way in hell its the kind of made up defense I'd make if I were a Hutt on the chopping block- it's simply too far fetched.

So what I'm tying to get at is- I think Makai might be a rebel after all. It's obviously some pretty shaky reasoning, and I don't really think it's likely you guys will be convinced by it, but that's how I feel at this point. CzarTim posted the following not too long ago:

The fact that no one has counter-claimed an item either means Mak is telling the truth or the person who got the item is a Hutt covering for Mak (who must then also be a Hutt.)

So today's vote literally just comes down to whether or not we think Mak is a rebel or not based on his actions this game.

My answer is that I think he is a rebel. Makai's detainment seems imminent and almost inevitable, so if he were a Hutt and I were his partner (who received QB's item), this would be the part where I threw him under the bus. But that hasn't happened yet, although I suppose it's very possible they would just stay quiet to avoid drawing attention to themselves. Based on Makai's actions thus far in the game, I also don't feel 100% comfortable saying that he's a Hutt. As such, I will abstain from voting for Makai at this point in time.

Who do I propose then? Well, I'd hate to be inconsistent, so:

VOTE: Zippedpinhead

It's no secret that I've always been suspicious of Zipped. It's been mostly a gut feeling sort of thing thus far, and although that's still a part of it, I'll say that I really don't like the whole "I'm only going to vote once" thing they've had going on today. I care about whether somebody votes correctly, not how many times they vote. It's just the sort of thing that bugs me. AbsolutBro mentioned earlier that it seems like Zipped and I have just been skating by- I obviously think a little more highly of myself, but as for Zipped? That's kind of what I've felt from the start. Furthermore, I believe Zipped was QB's final vote before his death- maybe I'll just consider this as carrying on his will. Maybe it will backfire, and I still think it's more likely that we say goodbye to Makai today, but I've got to try.

Also, Makai- I still want to hear from you as to who you're so certain is a Hutt. Your time seems to be running out, so if you care at all about ensuring a Rebel victory, we need to know. I am not comfortable with you using your gun on somebody at night without you running it by the rest of us. People have mentioned OA as a good choice if Johnny's claims end up being true, so let us know now who you were intending to target initially.

XD

Zatoth

I don't think QB would hand out a blaster. Shield would be the much better and safer choice for the rebels.

Vote: Makai

Last Call:

Did anyone else receive a shield or gun last night (night 3)?

That ask is under the assumption that Quantumbro didn't accidentally give a weapon to a hutt, AND have makai not be a hutt. In this situation. It would benefit the hutt to remain silent.

Alternatively, if makai is hutt and a hutt received a weapon from quantum, then it is neutral to them if they reveal, it gives them a "good guy" with us, he got out a hutt! But it also eliminates a hutt from the game. Benefits of this to the hutt would probably be neutral.

If the person who received it is not a hutt, I see no reason not to say anything.

Anyway, I still haven't voted and I realize that. All this conversation is very interesting and luckily not absolutely batshit insane like last time

Zatoth

You know what? I am feeling crazy again.

OVERRYDE: Matt Attack

Just realised that your name is Matt and not Mars Attack. :D

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
All this conversation is very interesting and luckily not absolutely batshit insane like last time

I was literally just about to reply to this with, "the day isn't over yet."

Why traube? why? Please say it's a joke or you know something we don't.

I was just about to post a message about why I'm a rebel, and that Matt attack is wrong, but it looks like traube has eliminated the need for it...

Ill vote if/when crab, mattyg or karkador say that traube didn't have that power, if not then farewell to Matt attack. At the end of this game (or whenever I die) you will see that I am an ordinary rebel

I'm seriously about to have a heart attack over here.

I was just about to post a message about why I'm a rebel, and that Matt attack is wrong, but it looks like traube has eliminated the need for it...

Ill vote if/when crab, mattyg or karkador say that traube didn't have that power, if not then farewell to Matt attack. At the end of this game (or whenever I die) you will see that I am an ordinary rebel

I was just about to say that one of these days, I'll get you detained- at which point you'll flip rebel and I'll feel absolutely awful. Sorry for not being able to let this go- I try to prioritize more suspicious people when I can though!

Jumping-Out-Of-The-Window-Because-Of-The-Madness-On-The-Simpsons-Reaction-Gif.gif

WHAT IS GOING ONNNN

I'm 99% sure that between the "Y" and the fact that he said he can only use it once (until some conditions are met) means that he is joking.

Zatoth

I am still undecided between eJawa and Makai.

eJawa for the bandwagoning on Day 1 and 2, as I mentioned yesterday.

Makai's blaster story is sounds fishy. And I am not really comfortable with a potential false kill in the night.

So I'll probably stick with Makai.

Zatoth

I'm 99% sure that between the "Y" and the fact that he said he can only use it once (until some conditions are met) means that he is joking.

Well.. I never said the conditions weren't already met. So maybe I have another OVERRIDE ready? Who knows? Fear me. :D

CzarTim

I'd feel more comfortable with Mak having a gun if he were more forthcoming this game wrt his thoughts on who's rebel and hutt. So far his only votes have been no detain, blarg, palmer, and setre. One of the reasons I voted him yesterday is because he has barely contributed this game in a meaningful way. I am not confident in his ability to shoot a hutt even if he is a rebel.

If he is a rebel though we don't have a lot of chances left to be wrong.

Traube what the shit?

vote=makai

Oh and Matt attack, so glad you don't have the gun, because if you did and killed me you would feel terrible. I'm not sure why I trust you to be rebel, despite all the "kill zippedpinhead" talk, but I do think you are rebel. Just terribly misguided.

Traube what the shit?

vote=makai

Oh and Matt attack, so glad you don't have the gun, because if you did and killed me you would feel terrible. I'm not sure why I trust you to be rebel, despite all the "kill zippedpinhead" talk, but I do think you are rebel. Just terribly misguided.

I wouldn't kill you even if I had a gun, unless I had an incredibly compelling reason to believe that I wouldn't be killing a rebel. I'm able to vote for you comfortably because I know that I have the rest of the players to keep me from making a mistake- if they don't find you suspicious, they don't vote for you. Nobody is infallible, myself included.

Please don't take my votes against your personally- I just feel that holding back when our the Hutts have us pushed against the wall will do more to hurt us than help.

Really though aside from posting the facts about my role I've refrained from commenting a few times today, basically because I'm not trustworthy until the day ends and don't really want to muddy the already stupidly confusing waters further.

Honestly most of my thoughts are already posted:

- I think that it's a huge outside chance that the thief targeted me. My original posts to Oceanic were deliberately antagonistic to judge reactions and, sure, theres a chance that he's not lying but I don't think it's very likely.

- I'd be voting for Makai. I maintained my vote for him yesterday and my reasons stand. If he has a strong enough opinion to go for a confident night kill then he should be using it to get that person lynched instead of him.

- I still don't think redhood roleclaiming Ordinary Rebel is that strong. I'm not convinced on him either way at this point, but that alone is not a good defense.

- Palmer I think is mostly telling the truth. If he's lying he had a fucking amazingly solid plan from before we started playing and stuck to it. Theres definitely elements to his role he's keeping secret but I don't think it's worth detaining him while the Hutts are still strong.

- Theres not much to say about yesnonoyesnoyesnonoyesyesnonoyesno yet, but I still think there is a chance rymuth was the Undercover. I really don't think a Hutt would have risked being that inactive, and I think if he genuinely went AWOL his partners would have pushed for a replacement sooner.

- Looking for the undercover is probably futile. If it was me I would have played fully pro-town, definitely after losing swamped but probably before as well.

I said it when I claimed my role/win but i really did treat the days exactly as I would have if I was playing town. Even when I was arguing against Quantum (who I was pretty confident was telling the truth) I was using the exact arguments I would have if I was playing town.
I didn't find out until after I won that I would be leaving the game, and honestly I was hoping that afterwards I could continue playing and acting as town (but I can see how that would screw the balance).

redhood56

Banned
I am voting for Makai mainly because I don't think QB would give somebody, who was suspected of being a hutt yesterday a gun. It doesn't make sense to me.

Vote: Makai

MattyG

Banned
At the end of the day, Makai, the Hutt Mob Goon had a plurality of the votes and was therefore detained.

Welcome!

You are a Hutt Mob Goon.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

Mob-wide message and instructions: Your partners are REDACTED. Each night phase, one of the Mob-aligned players may kill one of the non-Mob-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: MattyG. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with other Mob-aligned players at the QuickTopic board found here.

Also, there are two Hutt Mob-aligned players who do not know your identities and cannot secretly converse with you, but will work towards your cause. You don't know their identities either, so be careful not to lynch them!

Player specific message and instructions: Once per night phase, you can harass, confuse, or attempt to trick a random player, by having me send them one sentence of less than 20 words or 140 characters. To do so, PM me the command NAME OF TARGET: [sentence here]. At the beginning of the following day, I will then send that person this message 'You have been sent a mysterious message at night. It reads "[sentence here]".'

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

As Makai was detained and led away from the setting twin suns into the harsh Tatooine desert, Johnnyquicknives turned away from the group and broke into a sprint toward the sunsets. On the horizon, a small ship appeared, its silhouette black in the bright orange glow of Tatoo I. Quickly speeding towards the survivors' camp, its shape became more and more defined.

The Corellian cargo ship was quickly approaching Johnny, angled at the ground as if about to dive bomb him. With fifty yards left until a firey collision with the ground and the still sprinting survivor, it banked a hard right, spinning a full one-hundred and eighty degrees. The ship's open cargo bay ramp grazed the fine sand of the planet's surface, kicking up a massive cloud of dust and obscuring Johnny and it from view.

Suddenly, the pale ship rose out of the dust cloud, the cargo bay ramp slowly closing. On it stood a man in a black vest and Johnnyquicknives, both smugglers smiling and waving farewell to the still stranded survivors.

5hHQRHc.jpg

Johnnyquicknives has met their win condition

Welcome!

You are a Smuggler.

You are neutral.

You joined the Rebel Alliance as a cover for your Spice smuggling activities, but the crash has caused your plans to change. Your skills still can be of use however. In order to survive, you must sow chaos among the Rebels and the Hutt Mob. Someone is handing out items, namely blasters and personal shields. Your job is to ensure that items do not reach their targets. Once per night, you may swap two users. To do so, PM me the command SWAP: MattyG and MattyG.

You win when you have caused 3 items to be given to a different recipient, or when you outlive the player(s) giving out items.

Day 4 has ended. Please do not post in this thread until the beginning of day 5. Day 5 will begin at approximately 05:00 PM EDT on Saturday 13 June.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I count 8, so I think we're all muddled.

aww yeah bitches who was right

not CzarTim

not MattyG

that's right bitches

me, moi, the one and only

edit: also congrats town ;3

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
also Johnny can be an honorary member of the dead thread MattyG

Top Bottom