• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Zatoth

I'm also still in that akward spot where I can't always say everything due to my win condition. I don't want to give the Hutts another easy 2 for 1 kill. I'm kind of keeping silent and letting my target do it's own thing without intervention. I'll jump in if I think they're actually at risk though.

Assuming your BS story is true that probably means your target is either AbsolutBro, YesNO or I.

I was assuming not me because of all the heat on me. It could be me, but I wouldn't want his game to go to hell unless I was already going to die (if I were the target)

Who would anyone target if I was already dead/proved a rebel? You need to start thinking about this, because if you DO kill me you will still have 1 IA and an unknown number of hutts (I still think 1, 4 hutts and two others that win with a hutt win would be tough).

I think there is something to the day 3 craziness. Most of the people who voted for OA throughout the day is still alive (exceptions are Zubz and quantum), and of the people who voted for makai that day the only two that are dead are Barry (killed that day) and Johnny who won. Czartim, Palmer, eJawa, and myself all voted thoughout the day for both makai and OA. Traube voted for OA twice, absolutbro voted for makai and stuck to it.

I know I'm just repeating what was on that sheet, but typing it Out helps me gather my thoughts.

YesNOnoNOyes, did you happen to read the thread that day? As you were an outsider at the time, anything really stick out?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Kind of odd, since he wasn't a fan of how the game had been going before, but now he's quiet after we turned things around.

Can we still page him? At this stage unless we vote some one out we really can't lose anyone.

Also does anyone have any insight? I feel like all I am doing is saying the same things over and over.

So I will call some people out for thoughts, Matt attack, what do you think of my defense, or if you think so a lack thereof, and statements for czartim and yesNOnoNOyes?

My thoughts on raindoc is such a "I don't know what he is thinking" but I am pretty sure if he was hutt or IA he would be more interested at this point.

CzarTim

traube are you in the 5 or 6 hutt camp?

Does anyone want to put together a real case on AB or Matt? Like with posts and stuff. They've been pinging me as town all game, but we can't afford to overlook anyone at this point.

Honestly still think there are 5 hutts and I still think it's zipp or raindoc. If it's not them then I dunno. Willing to listen to cases though.

Can we still page him? At this stage unless we vote some one out we really can't lose anyone.

Also does anyone have any insight? I feel like all I am doing is saying the same things over and over.

So I will call some people out for thoughts, Matt attack, what do you think of my defense, or if you think so a lack thereof, and statements for czartim and yesNOnoNOyes?

My thoughts on raindoc is such a "I don't know what he is thinking" but I am pretty sure if he was hutt or IA he would be more interested at this point.

I wouldn't say your defense was terrible, but honestly I still feel like there's a good chance you're a Hutt. I think I can understand your explanations of the things you've done thus far, but the actions themselves are just so weird to me.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is just flavor, and as such has essentially no bearing on my suspicions, but you frequently use adjectives such as "filthy" when referring to the Hutts. Like I said, I think it's just flavor because it certainly doesn't seem like a viable strategy for throwing people off of your trail, but I've seen it frequently enough that it stood out to me.

I think your proposal that we need to start figuring out who we'll vote out next if you turn out to be a rebel (or if you're the other IA/there's another Hutt) is true. I can't look at people's post histories on mobile, but when I have access to my laptop tonight I'll take find who I feel would make the most sense to me. I just need to check a few things.

I don't think raindoc is a Hutt, his aggressive posting was quite abrasive (not sure why a Hutt would play like that) and struck me as pretty pro-town.

My posting has been slow this phase because I've ended up on another busy trip, where I somehow managed to get sick. Frankly, I'm pretty out of it right now. Honestly, I'm so embarrassed by the excuses I've made up to this point that I wasn't sure if I'd even post why I've been so quiet, but I decided that radio silence won't help anybody.

I was assuming not me because of all the heat on me. It could be me, but I wouldn't want his game to go to hell unless I was already going to die (if I were the target)

Who would anyone target if I was already dead/proved a rebel? You need to start thinking about this, because if you DO kill me you will still have 1 IA and an unknown number of hutts (I still think 1, 4 hutts and two others that win with a hutt win would be tough).

I think there is something to the day 3 craziness. Most of the people who voted for OA throughout the day is still alive (exceptions are Zubz and quantum), and of the people who voted for makai that day the only two that are dead are Barry (killed that day) and Johnny who won. Czartim, Palmer, eJawa, and myself all voted thoughout the day for both makai and OA. Traube voted for OA twice, absolutbro voted for makai and stuck to it.

I know I'm just repeating what was on that sheet, but typing it Out helps me gather my thoughts.

YesNOnoNOyes, did you happen to read the thread that day? As you were an outsider at the time, anything really stick out?

I have gone over Day 3 stuff a few times but I can't really garnered anymore from that day, except that raindoc only voted for Palmer and redhood ended up with a "No Detain" vote. But who knows what any of it means. Barry ended up gone with traube's Override command and traube's voting pattern is very suspect, plus the fact that he's still here, means the Hutts are either not thinking of him as a threat anymore or he IS a Hutt. I mean, the only time he used his power, he eliminated a Rebel and saved Makai (and redhood). He said that he wanted to save redhood, so that was why he activated his Override command. I guess, since his excel contains some mistakes, it may be really true that he miscounted and acted in a rush to save a player who he thought was rebel. But then again, maybe those mistakes were displayed intentionally. Or something.

This game makes my head spin like a merry-go-round off its wheels :<

ONE thing that has been nagging at my mind though, guys, was that message that traube received. We have brushed it aside because we thought it didn't reveal anything more than we already knew (i.e. that Palmer is a Neutral), but can we revisited the sequence of the things that happened that day?

First of all, we NOW know it was NOT Blargonaut who sent that message out. It was Makai.

Now the contents was at first: "BLARG: Palmer is Neutral"

Next, traube made the correction and added more details. The message now reads: "Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day // BLARG: Palmer is neutral"

I think we all were like, scratching our heads, cuz the message was kind of neither here or there. We already knew Palmer was Neutral, so then the first bit of the message came into discussion.

Then CzarTim made a succession of posts that led up to insinuating that Setre was suspect:

Post #2008 - joking at traube being death marked
Post #2009 - taunting at the hutts (painting as if he is definitely not one of them)
Post #2011 - dropping Setre's name

Then I asked for clarification: Post #2013

Which Czar responded to in Post #2022 - where he validated my line of query in which Setre is alluded to have been LYING.

He added Post #2023 - where he added that the message may be telling the truth (a thing we now know to be NOT TRUE)

After this, Setre revealed that he investigated Makai ...and Makai, in his infinite wisdom (glorious misstep) admitted that he had movement during the night. Later on, he tried to convince us that he was given a Blaster during the night in a bid to save himself. Which, we did not quite buy.

What I noticed is that after Makai's admittance that he had movement during the night, Czar swerved off his previous angle that puts Setre in doubt, and corrected his stance with post #2068 - where he stated that even Makai confirmed Setre's role.

By turn of events, then johnny revealed his victory, and the rest is history.

OK so, to me, Czar made quite a suspicious turn of dialog on this sequence. Again, I remind you guys that we now know it was Makai who sent that message and not Blargonaut.

So: Makai sent that message -> None of us knew what it could mean -> Czar stating that if the message was true then Setre must have been lying.

Of course, he could just be theorizing, and as a seemingly veteran player at this game, I could see that he is one of the most active contributors - but this also means he's often the one that leads our discussions this way or that.

My point is, can we revisit the message now that we know it was Makai who sent it? What could he possibly want to achieve? I mean, they must have discussed what message to sent and stuff like that in their board, right? And how would Makai achieve what the Hutts wanted to insinuate without any collaborators that would 'innocently' build on that message?

Also to note, it was traube who received the message. I'm thinking traube was chosen because he revealed his role through the Override command on the previous day. But as I have said above, traube's actions are nothing short of confusing. For example, even if his ability is only once per game, he alluded that it can be recharged if certain conditions are met. And yet, he is still alive. The Hutts are not concerned? Mmm.

What do you all think about this?

CzarTim

What? I never doubted setre for a second. I was 100% right about that message being from a Hutt trying to put doubt on setre. Hutts killed qb the night before and needed to throw shade on their next biggest threat.

I posted that it *might* be telling the truth, because that *was* a possibility. I did not believe that though which is why I went after Mak that day and not setre.

What? I never doubted setre for a second. I was 100% right about that message being from a Hutt trying to put doubt on setre. Hutts killed qb the night before and needed to throw shade on their next biggest threat.

I posted that it *might* be telling the truth, because that *was* a possibility. I did not believe that though which is why I went after Mak that day and not setre.

Yea, that's why I said you might just be theorizing.

But can we discuss about the message please? Like, what do you think Makai and the Hutts were trying to do with it?

Surely it was discussed at their board first before it was sent out? What did they want to achieve, and how would it have worked? I think if we follow this line of thought, we can come up with some pretty interesting theories on who may be Hutts...

CzarTim

I don't understand that case AT ALL, sorry. Like seriously.

I thought about why a Hutt would have sent that message. I had been theorizing since day 3 that it was from a Hutt. I realized the message implicated setre if true (which I did not think it was.) I posted that.

The fact that we still had people yesterday thinking it was true or that Palmer was trying to use it to clear himself is baffling to me.

redhood56

Banned
Yea, that's why I said you might just be theorizing.

But can we discuss about the message please? Like, what do you think Makai and the Hutts were trying to do with it?

Surely it was discussed at their board first before it was sent out? What did they want to achieve, and how would it have worked? I think if we follow this line of thought, we can come up with some pretty interesting theories on who may be Hutts...
The only think I can come up with is that they would think that we would get rid of him because we don't know if he was aligned with the town or not so that backfired pretty hard.

Redhood, get rid of who? Sorry. Unclear :<

Czar, yea. I cant quite grasp what that message was trying to do, for the life of me. But I'm feeling it is worthwhile revisiting because we now know that Makai is Hutt. We did not know this before when that message was announced.

So, I'm trying to think, say if I was Makai and I said to my fellow Hutts, "Hey I can send a message, it's part of my ability. What should I send, guys?"

And they came up with that.

??????

ZUH?

What could it possibly be trying to do for the Hutts?

Any one with any ideas?

redhood56

Banned
Redhood, get rid of who? Sorry. Unclear :<

Czar, yea. I cant quite grasp what that message was trying to do, for the life of me. But I'm feeling it is worthwhile revisiting because we now know that Makai is Hutt. We did not know this before when that message was announced.

So, I'm trying to think, say if I was Makai and I said to my fellow Hutts, "Hey I can send a message, it's part of my ability. What should I send, guys?"

??????

ZUH?

Any one with any ideas?
Oh I was saying that I think they were trying to get rid of palmer with that message.

On the subject of the message, there's something I've just been reminded of that's bugging me- why did Traube mess up in posting the entire message in the first place? Based on Makai's role posting, there doesn't look to be much room for ambiguity- and Traube seems like a pretty careful player.

Player specific message and instructions: Once per night phase, you can harass, confuse, or attempt to trick a random player, by having me send them one sentence of less than 20 words or 140 characters. To do so, PM me the command NAME OF TARGET: [sentence here]. At the beginning of the following day, I will then send that person this message 'You have been sent a mysterious message at night. It reads "[sentence here]".'

I'm mostly just curious, as he ended up posting the whole message (as far as we are aware) and there doesn't seem to be much to gain in leaving out the beginning in the first place. I'm on mobile now so I can't really search effectively, so if this was addressed earlier in the thread, please direct me to the posts. It's just something that I recall bugging me.

CzarTim

If I had been on the scum team I would have told Mak to never send a message because that power is stupid and could only have gotten him caught. The fact that so many people believed it / got confused by it is I guess proof that I would have been wrong.

As I theorized on day three, I believe that power existed to allow the Hutts to message the IAs.

Night One: blarg gets the message (If you knew the IAs existed, seeing blarg's posts would have looked like someone trying to make contact.)

Night Two: Setre gets the message. (It appeared as though setre was a hutt going into day 2, so the main hutts might have thought he was the other IA.)

Night Three: traube gets the message (At this point it seems like Mak completely switched strategies. He attempts to put doubt on setre in the hope we detain setre or at least don't believe fully him. Ironically getting himself killed in the process.)

I guess I don't understand why this is confusing? Hutts want to put as much doubt on Power Roles as possible to buy them time to kill them. They went after setre pretty hard day 3 as well.

CzarTim

??????

ZUH?

Any one with any ideas?

Setre investigated Palmer night one.
Setre's power told him if his target performed any action OR had any action performed on them.
Palmer was clean.
The message implied blarg, the cop, investigated Palmer night one.
If that were true, Setre's ability should have triggered.
This puts doubt on Setre claim.
As you mention, immediately after Mak (stupidly) confirmed setre's ability, thus proving the message was lying.

It's one of the reasons I'm surprised Mak was the messenger, seems like he should have denied any activity to put further doubt on Setre.

I guess I could also be overthinking the message too and Hutts were just sending random messages for no reason, but I'll stick to the theory where I'm Sherlock Holmes :p

Oh I was saying that I think they were trying to get rid of palmer with that message.

Oh, like, they were tying to cast doubt on Palmer's Neutral status? By pretending the message was from Blarg (our self-imploding Cop)?

But that's not really working at all, isnt it?

Shouldn't the message then have been: "BLARG: Palmer is NOT Neutral." then?

Czar picks up something interesting too, Palmer later tried to use that message to reaffirm his status.

mmmm

What do you think about the first part of the message, reddy? "Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day"

Do you think it carries any potential theories?

Setre investigated Palmer night one.
Setre's power told him if his target performed any action OR had any action performed on them.
Palmer was clean.
The message implied blarg, the cop, investigated Palmer night one.
If that were true, Setre's ability should have triggered.
This puts doubt on Setre claim.
As you mention, immediately after Mak (stupidly) confirmed setre's ability, thus proving the message was lying.

It's one of the reasons I'm surprised Mak was the messenger, seems like he should have denied any activity to put further doubt on Setre.

I guess I could also be overthinking the message too and Hutts were just sending random messages for no reason, but I'll stick to the theory where I'm Sherlock Holmes :p

Yeah, I was surprised too that he confirmed Setre's role. Glorious :)

And yeah, Im starting to think maybe the Mafia is sort of disorganised in this game. Maybe Makai didn't consult his colleagues before he sent it out, who knows. I just thought since he's been outed, his actions and posts deserves a closer look.

Anyway, I'm going to a meeting now. Be back in a bit!

Palmer_v1

My opinion is they had just tried to kill me and failed. At the time, they wouldnt know why So they were hoping town would kill me.

redhood56

Banned
Oh, like, they were tying to cast doubt on Palmer's Neutral status? By pretending the message was from Blarg (our self-imploding Cop)?

But that's not really working at all, isnt it?

Shouldn't the message then have been: "BLARG: Palmer is NOT Neutral." then?

Czar picks up something interesting too, Palmer later tried to use that message to reaffirm his status.

mmmm

What do you think about the first part of the message, reddy? "Anyone who gets my message and dies on same day can send ME message next day"

Do you think it carries any potential theories?
Traube not giving us the full message the first time is weird. The message is really weird because I'm reading through Makais role and I don't see anything about the ability to receive a message. Hmm.

Palmer_v1

Oh, and at the time i used it as further evidence of not being a hutt, i thought we might have a jedi ghost kinda role pulling messages from the dead. After makai's flip, i ignored it.

I believe that power existed to allow the Hutts to message the IAs.
I agree with Czar on this. It would give the Hutts a quiet way of locating the UIs. Sure, the communication would be one way, but I'm guessing this is the "bring the UIS into the fold" thing people were talking about earlier when Blargonaut declared as UI.

Palmer_v1

I mentioned after Makai flipped that it was probably meant to be used to pass messages to the UIs as well. if they were pretty sure about one, they could have sent a message to let them know who the hutts are.

Damn it would have been sneaky if they had sent a faked message to a rebel as if they thought he was ui.

CzarTim

BTW go back to day 2 and you'll see Mak saying he forgot about the message and asking blarg to post it because he's curious lol

Where is traube to defend against all this?

Seems to me that it would have only benefit him to not posting the whole message is if he was trying to throw shade away from makai (in case he was investigated that night). It just doesn't make sense to me for a rebel to not post the whole message.

If he is hutt, then I would feel vindicated on a high post counter being scum (
-and possibly entertained by another breaking bad gif like last thread

Again, think about who else you want out, you don't have to post it, but when I turn up rebel you already need to have someone in mind. I don't mind dying if the rest of you have a plan, I wish it didn't involve my death, but hey a plan could be helpful. I wish there was some way to convince the remainder of you that I am rebel.

Matt attack, you are going to feel terrible that you wasted so many votes on my death. I guess I was a bit out there, but it just seems a lot of work. Make sure you haven't had blinders on that have caused you to miss anyone else.

Czartim, I wish I could convince you I was a rebel, and feel free to ask me any more questions about my actions. I really am an ordinary rebel.

Matt attack, you are going to feel terrible that you wasted so many votes on my death. I guess I was a bit out there, but it just seems a lot of work. Make sure you haven't had blinders on that have caused you to miss anyone else.

This sounds a little exaggerated, considering I've voted for others who I've found more suspicious than you, such as OceanicAir. And while I have frequently voted for you, it's not like my posts have exclusively focused on you- I would not say I've got blinders on.

If you end up getting detained and you do turn out to be rebel though, I'll feel pretty bad- you got that much right.

CzarTim

Czartim, I wish I could convince you I was a rebel, and feel free to ask me any more questions about my actions. I really am an ordinary rebel.

It's mostly a process of elimination at this point, sorry bud.

I understand why people are suspicious of redhood, but the only way I see him as a main Hutt is if traube is a hutt too. Day 3 doesn't make sense to me otherwise.

I do not see traube as a hutt. Bussing OA day one when no one else was suspicious of him was very risky and only served to put them both on people's radar. I just don't see hutt traube making this play.

Palmer can't be a main hutt.

I do not see YesNo as a main hutt, or at least I should say that if we really went 2 days without a main hutt to get a read on, that's kind of b.s. Based on YesNo's posts alone I'd say not a main hutt.

ejawa can't be the thief and therefore is only a main hutt if there were six hutts to start. Since he is a candidate for IA, I say we vote him off early after finding the thief (after me).

That leaves you, raindoc, AB, and matt. Since no one is making a real case against AB and Matt, I'm going to reread both of them here soon.

Off the top of my head though, I don't see Matt as a main hutt largely because he has been so focused on you while the other two hutts pushed other agendas. If you really are an OR (and thus no threat,) why would a Hutt zero in on you with other higher valued targets out there? Ultimately it would have hurt the Hutt team and put Matt in the spotlight if you did flip OR.

AB has been playing pretty pro-town from memory. I seem to remember him being very suspicious of worthy and zubz, but other than that he's been on point and offering theories and discussion points. It just seems weird to me to be suspicious of someone playing pro-town just because they are in the top half of the post count. I'll see what I turn up on the reread though.

Then there's you and raindoc, and both of your play style also mostly match the main hutts we know about. At this point we are working off our gut reads, and that's how I feel about this game right now. I am definitely interested in hearing other's thoughts. If I have specific questions about something you did, I'll bring them up, but I feel like we've covered the major points.

So why don't we vote, get my detainment over with so you two can start focusing on finding the real remaining hutt and IA?

When I die, if czartim, redhood, or traube dies that night, vote Matt attack or absolutbro. If Matt attack or absolutbro die the next night then you may need to think about traube, redhood and czartim.
If Palmer dies then you would have to think about exactly what his role was, as it may seriously affect gameplay.

So I'll vote

vote:Matt attack because you've wanted me gone for so long, it's got me thinking maybe you are a neutral bounty hunter and your target is me. That way maybe Palmer is supposed to be my protector person.

CzarTim

Some thoughts on my AB reread. Sorry no post links, I reread on mobile:

- Day one seemed to go back and forth on the idea of detaining or not. Several others did as well though.

- Day one also defended swamped by questioning LoC's vote on her. I think he was doing the same thing I was doing though: calling LoC out for lying. I was just dumb about it.

- Day two was suspicious of worthy and zubz, but this was after mak had dropped his suspicion and after the blarg duel.

- Day two thought blarg was lying but thought he was 3p (I did too :( ) Did not think blarg was a rebel.

- Day two doubted there were really 2 armorers, 2 sets of masons / lovers and we found them all day two.

- Day three accepted palmer's role while mak and OA threw shade. Defended Palmer a bunch.

- Day three believed setre's claim while Mak and OA threw shade.

- Day three at some point said mak isn't making sense trying to push Palmer. (OA did too shortly after.)

- Day three votes Mak right after Mak claimed hutt (looks like he was typing his post as Mak posted.) AB jokingly said were going to vote out a rebel, but kept his vote on Mak for the rest of the day. Appears to have been phone posting so not super active at the end.

- Day four John Madden notes but not a lot of comment on them. Guess it could have been "look how townie I am," but seems genuine.

- Day four was suspicious of Mak but was also putting forward kind of weak counters to my theory on Mak. Could be him trying to look at every possible angle, or him trying to put doubt on it. Kind of read it as the former.

- Day four he did come around to the idea of Mak, posted 2 long posts on him and OA. Voted Mak and kept it there.

- Day five voted OA with a long post.

-------------------------

My thought on AB is very unlikely a hutt. I feel like he's been playing pretty similarly to me this game, just not posting as much (but who has.) If he's a hutt he has played very well.

Hi guys! Back from meetings and then spent my whole lunch hour on this game! x___x What have you guys done to meeeeee oh noooo....

SO!

Today my vote will be on eJawa.

REASON 1 - Barely contributes, staying under the radar

On Day 3, he's claiming he has a power role to save himself from being lynched. But now he claims he's just an Ordinary Town. I understand if he desires to stay in the game longer, however I don't think his staying around has been beneficial to the town so far since he barely participates and does not offer any theory or discussion. Feel free to reread his posts so far and verify this yourself!

REASON 2 - Day 3 lynching behaviour

There is something peculiar I noticed on Day 3. At first, he voted to get QuantumBro to be lynched. But when people started to vote for Makai, he also bandwagoned his vote to him. However he did it by claiming that Makai is probably a Rebel. I added bold for emphasis.

Gonna hop on board the Cantina Band Wagon. Me pointing it out makes it less suspicious... right?

Vote: Makai

Congrats Makai, you are now most likely a rebel! Unless I change my mind again and vote for someone else.

(please don't be a rebel)

Much like OceanicAir, I don't really see any evidence to support you being a rebel and I think accepting the Blarg challenge might have been an attempt to get a role out in the open.

Ah ha! So you admit to being a lying cheater! Wait, that is kinda like admitting to being a hutt. Noooooooo not again!

And he was leading people to abort voting for Makai, after Makai claimed that he was Ordinary Hutt.

Abort abort! Not again. Not like this.

Unvote: Makai

Then he moved on to vote for OceanicAir.

Well I'm going with my second choice after all. I can't vote for someone claiming to be hutt a third time. At least 3rd time in a row.

Vote: OceanicAir

This vote is final, even if OceanicAir comes out as a hutt too.

Note that he said this vote is final... though was it? Since actually he changed his mind yet again and voted to lynch Barrylocke.

Barry was on my suspect list, but I hadn't really dug too much into his posts yet. Again no clear signs of being a rebel. I don't know what else to do, so I'm sticking with that for now.

Vote: Barrylocke

REASON 3 - Suspiciously alive

Somehow despite claiming he has yet to role claim, the Hutts does not target him so far. Also if his intention is to actually prevent power roles from being killed, he has done pretty poor job so far. Other than Night 2 (and this is thanks to johnny) the Hutts have been killing all the power roles every night.

REASON 4 - The Hutts don't want to lynch him

Now this is the main reason why I'm voting for him. On Day 4, there were 3 choices for lynching: Makai, OceanicAir, and eJawa.

There was no other candidate being offered. This discussion between AbsolutBro and Palmer_v1 caught my eyes. In summary:

-snip-

The Hutt players can then try to influence voting towards one of the numerous people who were on the line last time, getting voting away from their new-found compatriot.

If it's case 1, they're doing a terrible job of it. I tried to get eJawa detained, and hardly anyone bit.

That would assume eJawa isn't a Hutt though. If he is, I doubt they'd jump on a "detain one of our own" train.

Personally I have been waiting for today, now that we know both Makai and OceanicAir are Hutts. On Day 4 where both of the Hutts were in danger of being lynched, why won't they vote for eJawa? They don't kill him at night for claiming to have "power" and they don't want to lynch him either, they rather get lynched than ever voted against him.

To me, the only reason why this behaviour made sense is because he's one of them, and since their covers are blown, they rather sacrifice themselves than detain him.

VOTE: eJawa

CzarTim

I agree ejawa is suspicious but there is zero reason to vote for him before we find the thief. We have 2 or 3 mislynches right now and the thief is the biggest threat.

Do you mind explaining your logic behind this? I don't understand.

At this point who the mafia kills and who they don't kill becomes important. I tend to silo people based on actions, based in that each of those groups have tended to work "together". I use that very loosely, it's not based on strict voting, but also how they post, who the communicate (and not communicate) with, who they target week after week, and gut feeling.

You'll notice I didn't include yesNOnoNOyes or raindoc in that. For Yes, I really don't have a clear bead on him, I think it is unlikely he is hutt ( because why would rymuth give up playing an incredibly active role, even if most of their actions are on their personal board and at night), but that doesn't mean he isn't IA. I just can't figure it out. Raindoc is even more of a conundrum, he hasn't REALLY posted here in days, so j have no clue where his head is in the game.my call on him is similar to Yes, unlikely Hutt, but could be IA.

I agree ejawa is suspicious but there is zero reason to vote for him before we find the thief. We have 2 or 3 mislynches right now and the thief is the biggest threat.

Why couldn't eJawa be the thief? I may be forgetting if he had a role power of something, but if he did is there any possible way that you could explain his "night action" as a colected conversation on a hutt message board?

And if you do end up voting for me, you have, at most, 2 mislynches. You need to assume that everyone you vote for is wrong from here on out when you vote for them. This sounds wrong but hear me out. Being confident in your vote and preparing for the worst are two different things. Vote with confidence, you will eventually get out a hutt with the same reasoning and suspicion as you did me. However, you can't assume you will get it right each night, you have to evaluate each detain as if it was your last. The hutt have the advantage, being that they have night actions and know generally who we are.

CzarTim

At this point who the mafia kills and who they don't kill becomes important. I tend to silo people based on actions, based in that each of those groups have tended to work "together". I use that very loosely, it's not based on strict voting, but also how they post, who the communicate (and not communicate) with, who they target week after week, and gut feeling.

You'll notice I didn't include yesNOnoNOyes or raindoc in that. For Yes, I really don't have a clear bead on him, I think it is unlikely he is hutt ( because why would rymuth give up playing an incredibly active role, even if most of their actions are on their personal board and at night), but that doesn't mean he isn't IA. I just can't figure it out. Raindoc is even more of a conundrum, he hasn't REALLY posted here in days, so j have no clue where his head is in the game.my call on him is similar to Yes, unlikely Hutt, but could be IA.
Got you. The only problem with that plan is the mafia know about it so they could just as easily frame it the other way as a bluff.
Why couldn't eJawa be the thief? I may be forgetting if he had a role power of something, but if he did is there any possible way that you could explain his "night action" as a colected conversation on a hutt message board?

And if you do end up voting for me, you have, at most, 2 mislynches. You need to assume that everyone you vote for is wrong from here on out when you vote for them. This sounds wrong but hear me out. Being confident in your vote and preparing for the worst are two different things. Vote with confidence, you will eventually get out a hutt with the same reasoning and suspicion as you did me. However, you can't assume you will get it right each night, you have to evaluate each detain as if it was your last. The hutt have the advantage, being that they have night actions and know generally who we are.
ejawa cannot be a thief because setre cleared him night 2, when the thief stole QB's shield.

So we vote for someone we think is the thief today and tomorrow. If we are wrong each night and the game still continues we will know for a fact there were 5 hutts and thus ejawa can't be a main hutt. If there are 6 hutts then we lose tomorrow but we lost this game on day 2 anyway so whatever.

If we find the thief then we can vote ejawa out to see if he is an IA or the 4th main hutt.

Got you. The only problem with that plan is the mafia know about it so they could just as easily frame it the other way as a bluff.

ejawa cannot be a thief because setre cleared him night 2, when the thief stole QB's shield.

So we vote for someone we think is the thief today and tomorrow. If we are wrong each night and the game still continues we will know for a fact there were 5 hutts and thus ejawa can't be a main hutt. If there are 6 hutts then we lose tomorrow but we lost this game on day 2 anyway so whatever.

If we find the thief then we can vote ejawa out to see if he is an IA or the 4th main hutt.

I had forgotten about setre's clear of him night 2 when QB lost his shield. That is the best way to prove he isn't the thief.

The bluff also works for them to have to target lesser known and/or unknown people. By telling you all to vote like that, and then subsequently dying and you all see that I am rebel, it may force them to kill a more inactive player as opposed to a top poster. Benefiting the game as well as our reasoning skills.

If I am right about one of the groups, then the hutt wil avoid making it appear like that. So they may kill a more inactive player giving you all a little more time to find a real hutt and/or IA.

I think you are forgetting something, the hutt can talk separately from this board, so any "overarching big plan" from one of them is likely very thought over. So if I was hutt (I'm not, I'm just posting this from that perspective) and posting this, let me assure you the hutt message board would already know this (assuming I wasn't the last hutt). However, I'm still positive there are only five hutt aligned players, I could be wrong, but the game would be so hard otherwise (harder than it already is).

CzarTim

Sorry, I misunderstood you.

If you are not the thief then do you think it's matt or AB? Or someone else?

List is:

czar
raindoc
redhood
yesno
matt
AB

I ask because you said you thought matt was a bounty hunter

Matt being a bounty hunter is purely conjecture (he would be neutral in this if he was and the anti-thesis to Palmer), if he is hutt he is likely the thief, but it would surprise me to have three neutral characters. The hutt still have to kill or eliminate them to win, so them existing doesn't hurt town as much as a hutt staying alive.

If Matt IS neutral or rebel, then My money would be on absolutbro being the thief, and yesNOnoNOyes being the imperial agent (rymuth is the only not "dead" character to post the word imperial before swamped died night 1)

CzarTim

Do you not think I'm a possibility? You could make a really good case for me being the thief btw.

I've been thinking about AB a lot since my read through and I'm wondering if you are correct.

I'm wondering if the best gameplan here is you today, me tomorrow, ab the next day. My problem is it's not me and if it's not you and there really are 6 hutts then we lose on my vote.

Also re: raindoc. I asked matty to prod him. Possibility of there being only 3 main hutts and him abandoning ship when the other 2 seemed doom?

Do you not think I'm a possibility? You could make a really good case for me being the thief btw.

I've been thinking about AB a lot since my read through and I'm wondering if you are correct.

I'm wondering if the best gameplan here is you today, me tomorrow, ab the next day. My problem is it's not me and if it's not you and there really are 6 hutts then we lose on my vote.

Also re: raindoc. I asked matty to prod him. Possibility of there being only 3 main hutts and him abandoning ship when the other 2 seemed doom?

Terrible plan... Why not AB today, Matt attack tomorrow and then we win? Why sacrifice two people that we know aren't hutt?

CzarTim

Terrible plan... Why not AB today, Matt attack tomorrow and then we win? Why sacrifice two people that we know aren't hutt?

I'm not letting you off the hook, sorry my friend. I think you have to go today no matter what.

My fear is that I really messed up a few times this game and tomorrow I don't want to fight it if it comes down to it. I might need to just go so town can move on.

AB could be a Hutt that's just played really well. I haven't reread matt yet, but I think him being on your case has colored your opinion of him.

Top Bottom