• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

CzarTim

If no one is switching back to me, then I will be voting for redhood at one minute left. This is to prevent last minute fuckery only. If you want to change your vote, do so in advance.

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

redhood56

Banned
I leave for 10 minutes and now I'm detained. Well the time is up and there is nothing anyone can do. Eat crow everyone!
I see the light I am finally coming dead thread. I can finally edit!

redhood56

Banned
You can still tell us stuff here until one of the mods calls it. Sorry you got detained. Your defense hadn't seemed scummy, so I backed off you.

If nothing else, have fun in the dead thread and see you next game!
Thanks! You too! I left you all a delicious treat in my final words!
I really have no info sorry :(

Zubz

Banned
Oh crap, I thought this was the general Mafia thread! This is what I get for having 2 tabs open. Also, Ourobolus threw me off lol.

If it's any consolation, this post was originally just what I posted in the Mafia thread, so it's not like I shared juicy info. Still, feel bad posting here since I'm, yanno, dead.

Palmer_v1

Oh crap, I thought this was the general Mafia thread! This is what I get for having 2 tabs open. Also, Ourobolus threw me off lol.

If it's any consolation, this post was originally just what I posted in the Mafia thread, so it's not like I shared juicy info. Still, feel bad posting here since I'm, yanno, dead.

I'm jealous of your ability to edit in here. Also, I'm not patient enough for this wait.

New idea, Wet Hot American Summer Mafia.

MattyG

Banned
Redhood the Ordinary Rebel resigned themself to their fate and agreed to be detained without incident. As they extended their hands for the binders to be slapped on, they addressed their fellow survivors;

redhood56 said:
Yum that was some good flavor text. Shoutout to Matty for that! So guys I really enjoyed playing the game with you and I played it the exact way I wanted to. So as I promised here are my final bold predictions
Matty is the hutt and has been goofing us all along
Barry will ensue his revenge on me in the dead thread
REDACTED are the hurts. REDACTED is the thef and REDACTED is the UI. Here is an eggplant. Goodbye.🍆
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Rebel.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

Day 7 has ended. Please do not post in thread until the beginning of day 8. Day 8 will begin at approximately 05:00 PM EDT on Sunday 5 July.

MattyG

Banned
A new day dawns...

It was only a matter of time...

CzarTim, the Ordinary Rebel is dead.

They were found still lying on their bedroll, a pillow over their face with a blaster hole dead in the center.
Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Rebel.

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

Day 8 begins...

t1436479200z1.png

On a serious note, I guess we're looking for 1 hutt + the UI?

AbsolutBro
Matt Attack
Raindoc
ejawa
YesNOnoNOYes
Palmer_v1

So if we detain a rebel and the Hutts don't kill the UI, it's game over. Basically the situation we were in yesterday, only down Redhood and Czar.

raindoc

Taking AB's list, we are down to six and two of us are baddies. The latter two, YesNO... and Palmer_1v are not likely to be the last remaining Hutt, because of ASSUMPTIONS: A) Rymuth probably would not have left the game if he was part of the main Hutts and B) we believe Palmer's exotic role claim.
We can't be happy with those facts, but it's all we got IMO, but please feel free to correct me.

That leaves:

AbsolutBro
Matt Attack
raindoc
ejawa

...as candidates for the Thief/Hutt, our top priority target. One of us four (read: one of you three) has to die tonight, if we don't want the Hutts to win.

Palmer_v1

So, as I assume most of you had guessed, Raindoc is my target. eJawa can't be the Thief due to Setre. YesNo is unlikely to be the thief due to Rymuth abandoning game.

That leaves Matt Attack and AbsolutBro.

The UI is a gigantic question mark. I'm assuming they still haven't figured each other out.

Czar and Reddy o7

I am sorry to have followed raindoc's lead on you, Czar! But I had to make good on my promise not to vote my own way again even though, as I said to you, I was not certain on anything and was still having continuous queries and discussion with you last day. And I went to sleep right after I voted (it was already midnight my time and it was during work week). (To be grumpy, the game's day ticks over at my mornings, usually at about just as I got to work :x graarrh)

;___;

As I have said on previous day, my bold predictions was on MattAttack, but it was done on process of elimination so I'm totally not sure ...

I think it cannot be raindoc. It can't be Palmer since johnny said Palmer was targeted on Night 2. But that's all I'm certain of, at this stage.

I think, from their posts and votes, AB has been pro-town.... so I'm left with either MattAttack and eJawa.

We don't have any mislynches left i think? Someone please confirm, though.

We need to really vote carefully today, guys.

RIP CzarTim and redhood. I occasionally had my doubts about the two of you, but I never really felt right suspecting you guys. Thank me for helping us out up to this point, we'll do our best not to lose this thing.

A) Rymuth probably would not have left the game if he was part of the main Hutts
YesNo is unlikely to be the thief due to Rymuth abandoning game.

We absolutely cannot make this assumption, especially at this point in the game. If we don't vote correctly (not that I'm saying YesNo is definitely the correct vote), this game might be over for us. Rymuth could have stopped posting for any number of reasons- boredom due to being an Ordinary Rebel, boredom due to his UI partner swamped being killed, or real life and other games distracting him from his role as a Main Hutt. We simply can't know, and it would be totally irresponsible of us to take YesNo off of the list of suspects due to this assumption.

Even though he kept ignoring my question with regards to his supposed to be 'pro-town' profile :<

Point me in the direction of your question? I've explained my votes a number of times already so must've missed this. I'd be happy to answer anything you've got for me, didn't mean to ignore you!

I am sorry to have followed raindoc's lead on you, Czar!

Rubs me the wrong way, almost like you're trying to deflect the blame for your part in the mislynch into raindoc.

I think, from their posts and votes, AB has been pro-town.... so I'm left with either MattAttack and eJawa.

And yet, eJawa was cleared of being the thief by Setre and I can't say with complete confidence that I'm a rebel. In other words, this will not be an easy vote.

That should read as I can say with complete confidence that I am a rebel. Please don't read into that because it might be the worst typo in the game thus far. ;-;

RIP CzarTim and redhood. I occasionally had my doubts about the two of you, but I never really felt right suspecting you guys. Thank me for helping us out up to this point, we'll do our best not to lose this thing.

We absolutely cannot make this assumption, especially at this point in the game. If we don't vote correctly (not that I'm saying YesNo is definitely the correct vote), this game might be over for us. Rymuth could have stopped posting for any number of reasons- boredom due to being an Ordinary Rebel, boredom due to his UI partner swamped being killed, or real life and other games distracting him from his role as a Main Hutt. We simply can't know, and it would be totally irresponsible of us to take YesNo off of the list of suspects due to this assumption.

Oh, please dont use the Rymuth angle on its own! I have stated that you guys should judge me based on my votes and posts.

Point me in the direction of your question? I've explained my votes a number of times already so must've missed this. I'd be happy to answer anything you've got for me, didn't mean to ignore you!

Is okies. Sometimes thread moves and things are missed. But this is the post I was talking about, which was my reply to your post (as linked here):

Personally, I think those who pushed hard against Zipped's detainment last time is suspicious and especially the one who has tunnelled hard like whoa against him from the get go.

So I suggest, as part of crow-eating penance, that we listen more to the people who has been better on the money ! :D

We had two for two since I joined up and you can check my voting patterns, and see which two HUTT names came up solid. And I dont flip flop. I dont mind people who does really (I think it's a valid play style)........ but not my style.

But yeah, voting pattern is a good mirror to hold the players up against, if anything is to go by, dont you think? So, fellow Rebels, who do you think has more pro-town profile?
  • Me: Voted Makai, OceanicAir (2 Hutts) - and refused to vote for Zipped (Rebel)
  • MattAttack: Voted and Voted and Voted for Zipped until he ded

I REST MY CASE, SER

I have to say that the mislynch was on redhood though. Cuz technically, Czar's death was the Hutts'... but redhood's was townies.

And on that note, I had strong assumptions that he was Rebel:

Rubs me the wrong way, almost like you're trying to deflect the blame for your part in the mislynch into raindoc.

Nuuuuuuu

I was just apologising to czar, i admit blame 100%. I should have stayed awake and changed my vote :< I promised townies that I'd follow on your sway for the day but I failed.

... Oh not saying it was raindoc's fault either. I think it was a difficult vote. We were all stabbing in the dark. But when I went to sleep, it was Palmer and raindoc on 2 votes on Czar :<

ANYWAY. My bad. Bleh. Because truly, as I have said to Czar, I was still uncertain about him.

For example, I haven't voted for you now because I'm not quite certain yet. This demonstrates my state of mind. But I didn't alter my position on eJawa yesterday. It wasn't easy, let me tell you. I felt the pressure to buckle and to bandwagon. But I didn't.

But ....... I guess it doesnt matter. At the end of the day, if I had switched, my vote would be on the redhood's mislynch, so .....___. Just want to say that I am sorry to Czar.

And yet, eJawa was cleared of being the thief by Setre and I can't say with complete confidence that I'm a rebel. In other words, this will not be an easy vote.

Yeah, Setre cleared eJawa for Night 2,... but I'm not convinced he's not the UI.

Though, like I said.... all of these are based only on process of elimination, which is probably not the strongest path of deduction, but.... I don't have any other leads at the moment. If anyone can present better theories, I'm all ears~

Personally, I think those who pushed hard against Zipped's detainment last time is suspicious and especially the one who has tunnelled hard like whoa against him from the get go.

So I suggest, as part of crow-eating penance, that we listen more to the people who has been better on the money ! :D

We had two for two since I joined up and you can check my voting patterns, and see which two HUTT names came up solid. And I dont flip flop. I dont mind people who does really (I think it's a valid play style)........ but not my style.

But yeah, voting pattern is a good mirror to hold the players up against, if anything is to go by, dont you think? So, fellow Rebels, who do you think has more pro-town profile?
  • Me: Voted Makai, OceanicAir (2 Hutts) - and refused to vote for Zipped (Rebel)
  • MattAttack: Voted and Voted and Voted for Zipped until he ded

I REST MY CASE, SER*

*Anecdata: When I was young I thought of this expression as in the lawyer slamming his briefcase down against the table to conclude his speeches. IDK why. It seems fun.

Well, for a quick response: I didn't vote for Makai in the end but I was definitely on OA's case- even after Czar started to make a case against Zipped. And of course (this takes place after you posted this post, obviously), you voted for Czar, and though the vote wasn't technically responsible for his death, he turned out to be rebel. Basically, people are frequently incorrect in mafia, like I was about Zipped and you were about Czar. Definitely pay attention to voting behavior of course, because it's often the only concrete information we have, but in this case I don't think it's enough for you guys to pay less attention to me (or anybody for that matter, considering other people voted for Zipped and other confirmed rebels).

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
Sorry Redhood and RIP Czar. At least I know I was right about Czar, but I feel crappy about my Redhood vote.

As others have mentioned, I can't be the thief, since Setre cleared me night 2, which is a night the thief struck. I'm also not the agent, but there is nothing I can really do or say to prove it. What sucks is it's hard to even theorize what I would do if I was the agent, let alone what other people would do. I think I'd play it safe, but not vote for obvious targets, even it lead to my detainment.

I'm leaning towards YesNO being the agent, but I'm not certain or anything. My reasoning is Rymuth going dark and YesNo later trying to push a vote against me. Since I can't be the thief I was/am the safest bet for the agent to go after.

I need to dig in more before posting any theory's on who could be the thief, which I can't do until tomorrow (well later today I guess, since it's 1am here).

I'm honestly surprised Czar got killed. He seemed to be one of the primary suspects for some of us, so it seems to me like it may have been more useful for the Hutts to keep him around (and fight to have him detained today).

Also, for the record, here are my initial suspicions for the day: YesNo is the UI and AB is our thief. Although considering the circumstances, these bold predictions are not that surprising, considering process of elimination.

Palmer, didn't you say you had your target's (raindoc's) role name? Any chance you could let us know what that is? I mean, it's probably just flavor and not all that useful, but I'd like to know all the same. Plus, we could have raindoc confirm that it's his role, if he's okay with that.

Well, for a quick response: I didn't vote for Makai in the end but I was definitely on OA's case- even after Czar started to make a case against Zipped. And of course (this takes place after you posted this post, obviously), you voted for Czar, and though the vote wasn't technically responsible for his death, he turned out to be rebel. Basically, people are frequently incorrect in mafia, like I was about Zipped and you were about Czar. Definitely pay attention to voting behavior of course, because it's often the only concrete information we have, but in this case I don't think it's enough for you guys to pay less attention to me (or anybody for that matter, considering other people voted for Zipped and other confirmed rebels).

Mmmm sure, but I think still.... somehow your votes are not as helpful to town's side as mine has been. OK I got on Czar's train, but it was my only uncertain call, as I have linked above. I stand by my positions that I've held against Zipped and redhood votes.

So this is our profiles so far:
  • Me: Voted for Makai, OA (both Hutts) and refused to vote for Zipped and redhood (both townies). Voted for Czar (townie :<) - Since I joined on Day 4, my votes have been pro-town. And I really do not flip flop.
  • MattAttack: Voted for Zipped (townie - instead of Makai), voted for OA (Hutt), voted for Zipped (RIP Zipped - townie), voted for redhood (townie) - I read pro-hutts pattern on your past voting behaviour, Matt... :< It could all be a big coincidence, of course, but all I'm saying is that it does not look good on you, know what I mean? :x

Sure, you dont have to be right all the time to be townie, but.... uh.... there's probably a tipping point between pro-town votes/posts profile ...........and then there's a pro-hutt pattern.

So I can't say I'm won over by your so called quick explanation on why you didn't vote Makai over Zipped. Town had a pretty solid lead on Makai at that time, I feel.

Top Bottom