• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens video release date, editions announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

-griffy-

Banned
So if anyone knows, are the added 20 minutes just the interviews and some side clip about the costomes and weapons? Or are there actual extra 20 minutes in the feature itself?

Plz and thank you. this will help me decide if i should get the target one or bestbuy steelbook one.
They are a completely separate online streaming thing that you access with a code.

mjc

So if anyone knows, are the added 20 minutes just the interviews and some side clip about the costomes and weapons? Or are there actual extra 20 minutes in the feature itself?

Plz and thank you. this will help me decide if i should get the target one or bestbuy steelbook one.

Not sure about the actual content, but it looks like it's only accessible through the digital version.

I cancelled my Target pre-order once I found out about the case they put it in.

Went with the steelbook instead. Picking it up today.

mjc

I cancelled my Target pre-order once I found out about the case they put it in.

Went with the steelbook instead. Picking it up today.

It is pretty disappointing that it's in a slimmer foldout case. I was expecting a standard-sized case.

gwailo

Banned
It is pretty disappointing that it's in a slimmer foldout case. I was expecting a standard-sized case.

Yeah, I was just in Target and the packaging seems really cheap, a lot of the cases looked damaged/bent. I went with the regular version - $5 for worse packaging and digital interviews doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

Watevaman

I have to pick up two copies today, so I'm thinking I'll do one of the normal BD versions and possibly the Walmart BB-8 one because my girlfriend loves BB-8.

KevinG

The Target version was of terrible quality.

Canceled my BBY stealbook last week, grabbed the regular retail version this morning. Prefer that cover over all of them anyway.

Got the blu from redbox for the night. Almost all the nearby kiosks were already checked out; never noticed that before this early. Just gonna pick it up after work with some takeout and enjoy.

Yeah, I was just in Target and the packaging seems really cheap, a lot of the cases looked damaged/bent. I went with the regular version - $5 for worse packaging and digital interviews doesn't seem like a great deal to me.

So does Target carry a cheaper version or will it only have the version with shitty packaging?

VanWinkle

Bought the Walmart exclusive version. $20, which was pretty nice.

Excited to finally watch this. I'm just sad since I've had all the big things spoiled for me.

should I get the BluRay or the PS4 digital version?

Anyone get the PS4 digital version? Any comments?

Get the Blu Ray, redeem the Disney Movies Anywhere code that's included and you'll be able to link it to the Amazon or Vudu apps on your PS4. Best of both worlds.

I want to order a steel book edition from Best Buy and pick it up later...but how trustworthy is their inventory checker on the website?

I've never had much of an issue. Usually they'll email you within an hour of your order saying it's "ready for pickup." When you get that email, it means they've put aside your copy and it's off the floor, so no need to worry past that point.

Just saw the Target packaging; yuck!. I can't believe how thin it is. I'm glad I kept my regular edition order now. It was the best deal at $20 w/ $5 gift card.

GhaleonEB

Heading out now, for the regular edition. I'm assuming Target and Best Buy will both have it along with their custom packages.

Is the packaging for Target that bad? My order is scheduled to be delivered today so I haven't seen it yet.

Ya, it's pretty shitty. I was expecting something like Target's The Hunger Games exclusive packaging. This is like half to maybe even a third of the thickness of a normal BR case.

gwailo

Banned
Is the packaging for Target that bad? My order is scheduled to be delivered today so I haven't seen it yet.

It's pretty bad. I asked the clerk where the full movie was because I honestly thought it was a cheap cardboard sleeve to hold a separate extras disc that you got if you bought the movie.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Thinner packaging is a plus for me. Is it standard height?

xewind

Got the steelbook from Best Buy when the store opened. Tons of people in line to buy the movie. Looking forward to re-watch the movie tonight.

jackal27

Banned
Dang so the Target special features are only digital? Screw that. What's the consensus on the best cover? I personally like the one with the stars and the pieces of art over the letters of the logo. Isn't that one only available online though?

Planning to pick it up today, but glad I read this first. Which one do you guys suggest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom