• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stardew Valley on PS4 is unplayable?

Freeman76

How exactly?

Kept crashing my console when trying to go into rest mode from SV, had to hard reset every time and then go through the rebuilding to 100% process every time. Now my Pro wont go into rest mode at all, or switch off without pulling the plug, it just hangs on the 'putting into rest mode' screen. Cannot believe a game can be allowed to exist that has the potential to fuck your console, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Error1355

Kept crashing my console when trying to go into rest mode from SV, had to hard reset every time and then go through the rebuilding to 100% process every time. Now my Pro wont go into rest mode at all, or switch off without pulling the plug, it just hangs on the 'putting into rest mode' screen. Cannot believe a game can be allowed to exist that has the potential to fuck your console.

Sounds more like an existing hardware issue was causing the game to crash, and not the other way around.

OmegaDL50

Of course they do, but there are basically infinite cases to test for, not everything can get caught. Especially by small indies.

Especially even more so when it's a single dev that pretty much did everything alone.

I don't know how much this applies to the console port however, but in regards to the PC release it was one developer doing all of the art assets, the music, and gameplay design.

Ken Adams

Sounds more like an existing hardware issue was causing the game to crash, and not the other way around.

Do you have a pro and play it more than 2 hours at a time. Have you gone on the stardew forums and checked what people are having issue with. This man is not making shit up for the sake of it.

Fisty

Just power off your console after you play SV. You can power it back on and then put it in rest mode, this completely fixes the issue

Freeman76

Do you have a pro and play it more than 2 hours at a time. Have you gone on the stardew forums and checked what people are having issue with. This man is not making shit up for the sake of it.

If I play for less than 2 hours will that help? I fear its too late now as my console doesnt work properly even when I try another game and put it into rest mode. I cannot believe they know there is an issue and havent had the decency to put a warning on the store, that shit is wrong!

Ken Adams

If I play for less than 2 hours will that help? I fear its too late now as my console doesnt work properly even when I try another game and put it into rest mode. I cannot believe they know there is an issue and havent had the decency to put a warning on the store, that shit is wrong!

At this point i wont risk it, sounds like damage is already done to the drive. Usually for me it doesnt freeze for shorter playthroughs but not always the case.

Fisty

At this point i wont risk it, sounds like damage is already done to the drive. Usually for me it doesnt freeze for shorter playthroughs but not always the case.

There's no damage done. I played for well over 80 hrs on Pro, still works fine. You just have to power off the PS4 after you finish playing the game. You can then power it back on and play something else or put it in rest mode

Ken Adams

There's no damage done. I played for well over 80 hrs on Pro, still works fine. You just have to power off the PS4 after you finish playing the game. You can then power it back on and play something else or put it in rest mode

Yeah dont know about that.
This game has completely fucked my Pro :(

An £11.99 game ruined £350 console, everytime I turn my console off it crashes and has to rebuild my database. Standby mode no longer works at all.

Is there a workaround or has Stardew Valley cost me the funcionality of my console?

My pro gives off the 3 beeps on regular shut down, and takes forever to turn off so i dont play this game anymore. I wish i could put 80 hours in this. Game is brill but not risking it.

Fisty

Yeah dont know about that. My pro gives off the 3 beeps on regular shut down, and takes forever to turn off so i dont play this game anymore. I wish i could put 80 hours in this. Game is brill but not risking it.

This has been discussed to death since launch, there's no damage done. Power off after play and then power back on.

I just checked my file, I actually have just under 150 hours.

Suzzopher

I can't launch a disc game after playing this on my Pro.

Need to power down the system and then power back on for it to work.

I had the rest mode issue with my Pro. Make sure you delete SV off your system after a fresh system shutdown and reboot. This fixed it for me. Just won't reinstall the game again.

Top Bottom