• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

That reminds me, I downgraded my Nvidia drivers based upon last suggestion and Brutal Legend still runs like crap. All my settings were on low too.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wish Brutal Legend PC had an auto-win button for the RTS battles. They're such a drag.

I mostly play FPS games to pub around but man, AWP made CS pubbing unplayable when servers didn't disable it. It just became a game of everyone getting it and bodyshotting from across the map. You have this game that has a great learning curve with the weaponry that requires learning them, practicing them, and precision but then it gets disregarded by a dummy-proof one shot killing cross-mapping cannon.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Also known as Swenglish.
There are some dutch words in there aswell.
It's weird, and I love it. Should definitely start playing it soon. Laptop can't handle it, but my (first real, self chosen parts) ordered rigg should...
....just....one....more...week...!

Waiting is hard. :(

cicero

I kind of wish at least one Steam level you could level up to would allow you to make your own profile background.

feel

Awp can get annoying but it has a slow rate of fire and it's easy to screw the guy with a decent smoke grenade. Whoever approved that autosniper can go fuck himself though.

JaseC

If badge crafting would get me closer to setting a Saoirse Ronan collage as my profile background, I would spend so much money on cards.

zkylon

zkylewd
can't valve like license nintendo's penis detecting tech to allow us to have custom backgrounds

I imagine the background economy will tank if they add that tho

For some reason Steam keeps ditching my non-Steam games and/or my custom images for them. Is there anyway to prevent that from happening? I just booted it up and lo and behold, my games actually remained there for once, but some of the images were gone. D:

Knurek

For some reason Steam keeps ditching my non-Steam games and/or my custom images for them. Is there anyway to prevent that from happening? I just booted it up and lo and behold, my games actually remained there for once, but the images were gone. D:

For images, make sure you exit Steam before shutting down the computer.
For shortcuts, backup shortcuts.vdf from userdata dir in Steam folder

For some reason Steam keeps ditching my non-Steam games and/or my custom images for them. Is there anyway to prevent that from happening? I just booted it up and lo and behold, my games actually remained there for once, but some of the images were gone. D:

I also have that problem when I log in on my laptop and back on my PC. Those custom games weren't added on my laptop so maybe that's why they are removed.

JaseC

You can restore your non-Steam shortcuts by backing up Steam\userdata\[account id]\config\shortcuts.vdf -- just copy/paste it and rename the copy to, for example, shortcuts.vdf.BACKUP. In the same folder, you'll also find a "grid" sub-folder containing your custom images, which you can just add to a zip file and extract when necessary (the folder, that is, not the individual images).

For images, make sure you exit Steam before shutting down the computer.
For shortcuts, backup shortcuts.vdf from userdata dir in Steam folder

You can restore your non-Steam shortcuts by backing up Steam\userdata\[account id]\config\shortcuts.vdf -- just copy/paste it and rename the copy to, for example, shortcuts.vdf.BACKUP. In the same folder, you'll also find a "grid" sub-folder containing your custom images, which you can just add to a zip file and extract when necessary (the folder, that is, not the individual images).

Done, thanks.

Right as I backed everything up I realized Mass Effect 2 had gotten ditched from the list again, so I'll have to redo it. :p

I also have that problem when I log in on my laptop and back on my PC. Those custom games weren't added on my laptop so maybe that's why they are removed.

That might be it. I think Steam is also set to auto-login on my laptop, which I use to play older games (like Alpha Centauri and Fallout).

deejay

Those who think the Steam Summer Seal is coming next week... keep in mind Mortal Kombat is releasing at the begin of July ;)

JaseC

I am just three sections away from completing Far Cry 3's map in terms of collectibles and side-quests (I'm saving the DLC missions for after the main campaign). My desire to push through the game dropped dramatically after I maxed out my character not long after reaching the second island; just about everything you do rewards you with XP, but from the moment you no longer have any perks/upgrades to work towards it's blindingly obvious just how shallow the game's design is.

Jobbs

Banned
I must say, I miss the "we buy 99 cent games and complain about them" line in the topic. For months I'd smile every single time I saw it.

Dr Dogg

I am just three sections away from completing Far Cry 3's map in terms of collectibles and side-quests (I'm saving the DLC missions for after the main campaign). My desire to push through the game dropped dramatically after I maxed out my character not long after reaching the second island; just about everything you do rewards you with XP, but from the moment you no longer have any perks/upgrades to work towards it's blindingly obvious just how shallow the game's design is.

The Monkey Business dlc missions are some of the best thankfully. FC3 is the poster child for all of UbiSofts horrible design decisions and directions.

Kabouter

Progression really is Far Cry 3's biggest problem since there is no other reason to keep playing other than filling bars, given that the campaign is absolutely awful and an area where the outpost is cleared is boring. Once those bars are filled, and most of them are by the time you're 1/3 of the way through the first of two islands, there's no reason whatsoever to keep playing.

Why this was such a well received game is beyond me.

Twinduct

Progression really is Far Cry 3's biggest problem since there is no other reason to keep playing other than filling bars, given that the campaign is absolutely awful and an area where the outpost is cleared is boring. Once those bars are filled, and most of them are by the time you're 1/3 of the way through the first of two islands, there's no reason whatsoever to keep playing.

Played until I got the wingsuit. Then I went on with my life.

Dr Dogg

I think AssCreed 3 would take issue with that. :p

Ah birds of a feather. I really want to get psyched for Watch_Dogs but at the back of my mind I got the feeling there will be high points, a pointless economy and crafting mechanic and checklists galore.

JaseC

Ah birds of a feather. I really want to get psyched for Watch_Dogs but at the back of my mind I got the feeling there will be high points, a pointless economy and crafting mechanic and checklists galore.

Ubi Montreal has said that the game won't be bogged down with fluff content, but who knows how true that is.

For all the talk of how annoying Far Cry 2's quickly-respawning guard posts are, at least they give you something to do!

I've given up on RAGE

Game is perfectly playable on AMD cards right now but there are some weird graphical glitches and the awful, awful textures coupled with the pop in just killed it for me.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Atleast it's easter eggs are pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom