• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
Anyone here that has NBA 2K13, has the game been crashing for non-stop today? It's been running fine for me ever since today and when I try to play it now, it just crashes after a minute or so of launching the game

About Steam Trading Cards, let's say I already have the 3 cards "x" game drops randomly, I then trade those 3 so I have nothing left from that particular game. If I keep playing it, would I get more cards or that's all I'm going to get? o_O

Thats all you're going to get, to finish the collection you either buy the remaining cards or trade with your friends.

Twinduct

So bought and finished Gunpoint.
Really enjoyed the mechanics of the game but man it's short as hell! Finished in like 2 hours or so with like 4 missions that did not get A+
Strangely none of the cheevos unlocked, not that I care but enjoyed the humour of it.

The game seriously requires steamworks or something to share custom missions with.
All and all, I think it could have been a cheaper purchase. But not really feeling any regret in buying it.

Voshond

Neo Member
So bought and finished Gunpoint.
Really enjoyed the mechanics of the game but man it's short as hell! Finished in like 2 hours or so with like 4 missions that did not get A+
Strangely none of the cheevos unlocked, not that I care but enjoyed the humour of it.

The game seriously requires steamworks or something to share custom missions with.
All and all, I think it could have been a cheaper purchase. But not really feeling any regret in buying it.
He's working on Workshop support.
http://www.pentadact.com/2013-06-18-gunpoint-recoups-development-costs-in-64-seconds/

Divius

Since buying FTL for $2,50 I've already put 9 hours into it. I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Compare that to your random triple A game that you buy for $50 and finish within 6-7 hours and well..

Caerith

Anyone have any impressions on it? I liked the first one, but I'm a bit underwhelmed at the characters in this one. Other than Sam, I mean. Like, Claptrap is annoying, and don't Ash and Brock overlap a bit in terms of personality?

I'm looking forward to Poker Night 3, though. It's supposed to have Gordon Freeman, Chell, the Pyro, and Christine Royce (Dead Money), with Gromit as the dealer.

I've given up on RAGE

Game is perfectly playable on AMD cards right now but there are some weird graphical glitches and the awful, awful textures coupled with the pop in just killed it for me.
Honestly you're not missing out on much.

Atleast it's easter eggs are pretty awesome.
It was bizarre going into the Quake difficulty select portal room only for the RAGE rendition to have worse textures than the one in Quake itself.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished giving my PC a well deserved cleaning. Damn, I had forgotten that this thing was supposed to be pretty silent.

why do people always take morningbus seriously

is it the avatar
If Morningbus tells me that the sun won't come out tomorrow, you can totally bet I'm going out with a flashlight.

zkylon

zkylewd
alright gifting mount & blade warband to first one that asks

just make sure you're gonna play it because it's too fucking awesome to be sittin' in a backlog

boom

So my modem is broken. Because of this, I tried out a USB tethering app with my phone. Now my download speed has gone from 1MB/s to 3.3MB/s! And the ping isn't too bad either -- around 90ms.

But when I try to play a multiplayer game, it can't find a server. I've tried TF2, Chivalry and Black Ops II, all with no luck.

Is this something built in to Steam or online matchmaking? With that ping and DL speed, I should be able to play online as well as my old connection.

Is there a workaround? Help?

Is there a list somewhere with all Steam games that currently support the card system?

Edit: Went ahead and made a list:

Code:
Borderlands 2
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Team Fortress 2
Half-Life 2
Portal 2
Don't Starve
Dota 2
Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2 
Left 4 Dead 2
Sanctum 2
Go Home Dinosaurs!
Triple Town
Cubemen 2 
FTL: Faster Than Light
1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)
Strike Suit Infinity
Zach Zero
Tower Wars 
Monaco
A.R.E.S.
Trine 2
They Bleed Pixels
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten 
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Anodyne
Super Meat Boy
Blocks That Matter
Brütal Legend 
Guns of Icarus Online
Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
Zombie Driver HD
Offspring Fling!
Magicka

zkylon

zkylewd
me please

user is Belly Ballot
sorry dude, next time :p

Is there a list somewhere with all Steam games that currently support the card system?

Edit: Went ahead and made a list:

Code:
Borderlands 2
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Team Fortress 2
Half-Life 2
Don't Starve
Monster Loves You!
Really Big Sky
Faerie Solitaire
BIT.TRIP RUNNER 2 
Left 4 Dead 2
Sanctum 2
Go Home Dinosaurs!
Triple Town
Cubemen 2 
FTL: Faster Than Light
1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)
Strike Suit Infinity
Zach Zero
Tower Wars 
Monaco
A.R.E.S.
Trine 2
They Bleed Pixels
Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten 
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Anodyne
Super Meat Boy
Blocks That Matter
Brütal Legend 
Guns of Icarus Online
Jagged Alliance - Back in Action
Zombie Driver HD
Offspring Fling!
Magicka
you sexy you

too bad I've exhausted all my games lol

all yours bro

Hey! What did I just tell you yesterday?!
huh

HoosTrax

Hey! What did I just tell you yesterday?!
The guy is a bit...I don't know...

kdhz.png

hjq.png

se8.png

Seriously, if someone is doing you a favor on Steam, don't be lazy and make them go through the work of searching for you on Community -- provide a link.

Grief.exe

Working on some renders for the DayZ Standalone OT

I'm going to have a couple more, similar to this one, but with titles such as 'Updates' or 'Features.' This is just a first draft, doing something quick while my gf is napping.

I really want to do the Halo OT if it ever comes to Steam, but I think I will just let the other person take it.

5i7FT1d.png

Damn the last boss of Hotline Miami it's a bit annoying!!!

I didn't see that you can switch to Neogaf black theme :p

Looks awesome

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If someone knows when the Steam sale starts, please message me on Steam at XxGordonFreeMan42069xX

chixdiggit

Installed Triple Town for the cards and I must say I actually like it.
I hope some people are actually playing games with Steam cards instead of just running them in the background.

morningbus

Someone should message me on Steam where I still use the classic morningbus avatar:

iJikPjd4uN1aq.jpg

To see if it makes any difference to how you interpret my posts. Again, my username on Steam is XxGordonFreeMan42069xX.

Thieve

Neo Member
I hope some people are actually playing games with Steam cards instead of just running them in the background.

I ended up doing the same thing, I picked it up during the Amazon sale for cards, and actually spent a few hours playing it.

HoosTrax

I had already bought and played TT before the cards, but I had the same experience with Go Home Dinosaurs!. Scratched that Plants vs Zombies itch pretty nicely, ended up spending like a dozen hours on it and finished it except for one grindy achievement.

Tak3n

Banned
The guy is a bit...I don't know...

Seriously, if someone is doing you a favor on Steam, don't be lazy and make them go through the work of searching for you on Community -- provide a link.

I dont know what??

not up to your perfect life, your perfect everything...

Oh to be you......must be great... I changed to a unique name, there is only one

chixdiggit

I had already bought and played TT before the cards, but I had the same experience with Go Home Dinosaurs!. Scratched that Plants vs Zombies itch pretty nicely, ended up spending like a dozen hours on it and finished it except for one grindy achievement.

I'll have to get Go Home Dinosaurs during the summer sale.

This might be a stupid question, but in the wake of the booster pack feature it just occurred to me:

Can you still get boosters for games whose cards you've sold off? I know they're removed from your badges page, but does the system still keep track of them as well? I assume it does.

morningbus

I dont know what??

not up to your perfect life, your perfect everything...

Oh to be you......must be great... I changed to a unique name, there is only one

This is not what you should be taking away from the conversation.

The Steam user search has trouble finding people with even the must unique names. Just start linking people the URL of your steam community page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom