• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

I've given up on RAGE

Game is perfectly playable on AMD cards right now but there are some weird graphical glitches and the awful, awful textures coupled with the pop in just killed it for me.
Strange, I had no issues on my 7950 a few weeks ago except tearing in some places. I liked the shooting so I stuck with the game to the end, but setting, story and missions are pretty forgettable.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Strange, I had no issues on my 7950 a few weeks ago except tearing in some places. I liked the shooting so I sticked with the game to the end, but setting, story and missions are pretty forgettable.

Rage is very temperamental and there's not a lot one can due to make it behave properly. Even some particularly unlucky Nvidia users have to put up with texture pop-in.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it possible to get The Betrayal of Jimmy DLC for Mafia II on a US account?

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll have to try to get my hands on it during the Summer Sale, although this'll be hard seeing as I'm not aware of any Russian SteamGAFers.

Strange, I had no issues on my 7950 a few weeks ago except tearing in some places. I liked the shooting so I sticked with the game to the end, but setting, story and missions are pretty forgettable.

I had these weird dotted lines that'd would show up everywhere
2013051200098.jpg
There are a few more on the internet who have the same problem, this isn't my picture, but they couldn't find a fix either. Think it has something to do with the light because the lines are much worse at light sources and shadows.

Grief.exe

Those who think the Steam Summer Seal is coming next week... keep in mind Mortal Kombat is releasing at the begin of July ;)

Kind of a bad release date.

They are going to get overlooked in the summer sale.

I've given up on RAGE

Game is perfectly playable on AMD cards right now but there are some weird graphical glitches and the awful, awful textures coupled with the pop in just killed it for me.

RAGE felt really good the first couple levels. It lost its charm right after that.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Is there a way to delete savegames from the steamcloud? Can't find it, might overlook it.

HoosTrax

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll have to try to get my hands on it during the Summer Sale, although this'll be hard seeing as I'm not aware of any Russian SteamGAFers.
Both robotnik and bacon (he uses a Deadpool avatar) are Russian Steam-GAF'ers afaik.

bigace33

I have every other COD on Steam so part of it is that OCD =/ though I do enjoy single player COD. Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself until it's about $20 on Amazon or something.

So you won't be getting COD Ghost Dog until around 2016? You made the best decision but COD games rarely drop in price quickly.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Everyone keeps saying there is going to be a sale, but then I go try to find a source and Valve has said nothing about it. =/

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I think there was some really asinine way in a post on the Steam forums. Someone might have a link for it.
Found it, thanks. :D
Heh, I really didn't think of googling it. :p

Loving your avatar HoosTrax!

As someone who hasn't played Dead Rising, but was hoping to pick it up during the Steam sale, would you say DR2:OTR is better than just DR2?

OTR is a better pick if you don't care about DR's story, it has a sandbox mode, 1 or 2 new psychos and a new area.
For most of the cutscenes the dialogue didn't change at all (exept for Frank's lines) so you don't get to fully experience Frank's prose, however you should see instantly which cutscenes are new with Frank actually being a smartass like he was in DR1. Of course you won't notice this if you've never played DR2 but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Sober

Everyone keeps saying there is going to be a sale, but then I go try to find a source and Valve has said nothing about it. =/

Valve never announces a sale. When the time of year rolls around we just clench our asses everyday when the clock rolls over to 1PM EST and hope for something.

You can totally see it coming when the midweek madness sale ends at 1PM EST rather than 4PM EST

v0rtikal

About Steam Trading Cards, let's say I already have the 3 cards "x" game drops randomly, I then trade those 3 so I have nothing left from that particular game. If I keep playing it, would I get more cards or that's all I'm going to get? o_O

Addnan

About Steam Trading Cards, let's say I already have the 3 cards "x" game drops randomly, I then trade those 3 so I have nothing left from that particular game. If I keep playing it, would I get more cards or that's all I'm going to get? o_O
That's all you are going to get. You can get lucky and get a booster pack randomly which will allow you to get more cards.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

They are working on a "booster pack" system, but yes essentially that's all you're going to get. Idling further gives you no benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom