• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3n4ud

:lol

Well not to turn into a LifeJournal post but June/July was a really busy time for me:

- Last two months of my course were hell trying to get my first mentor to sign off stuff.
- Grandma went into a coma and passed away.
- Hassle from ex-boss of failing to pay severance pay.

But I'm back now and able to create Steam threads again :D
Sorry to hear about you grandmom :/

Nice to see you back though!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well not to turn into a LifeJournal post but June/July was a really busy time for me:

- Last two months of my course were hell trying to get my first mentor to sign off stuff.

That's rough. :( Sorry to hear it.

Tellaerin

Sounds like it's been a rough couple of months. I'm sorry, man. : / Welcome back, by the way. : )

The_Monk

Sorry to hear that fellow GAFfer, but I'm glad you are back. If anything you ever need please let me (let us) know. You've been a great GAFfer and a great part of Steam-GAF too.

zkylon

zkylewd

sorry to hear that friend

hopefully shit will pick up for you

I don't know if this way posted but looks like State of Decay will hit Steam in a few weeks (Early Access). The game will not have mouse and keyboard support (when it launches in early access) :

Jean-Claude Van Damme said:
Okay. Here was PAX in a nutshell. We brought a PC to show off how pretty SoD looks on a PC. It was a normal machine with two year old components, running the game on the medium settings. We will be launching the controller-only version on Steam as part of their Early Access thing in a couple weeks or so – please note that I can’t control the exact date, and I don’t have one to give you. Then comes Sandbox (still testing, so again, I don’t have an exact date), and before the year is out, the full mouse and keyboard PC version on Steam.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/09/09/next-stop-state-of-decay/

Wondering how the port will be like.

Condolences and i hope things get better for you.

MRORANGE

Sorry to hear about you grandmom :/

Nice to see you back though!

That's rough. :( Sorry to hear it.

Sounds like it's been a rough couple of months. I'm sorry, man. : / Welcome back, by the way. : )

Sorry to hear that fellow GAFfer, but I'm glad you are back. If anything you ever need please let me (let us) know. You've been a great GAFfer and a great part of Steam-GAF too.

sorry to hear that friend

hopefully shit will pick up for you

Condolences and i hope things get better for you.

Thanks guys, she was pretty old and bedridden for a few years so we knew it was coming for a while.. She lived a good life considering she lived to 97

Sanic

I'm having connectivity issues with Source games that use a server browser, and I think i've figured out that it's because my router is basically being bombarded with requests and locks up.

I've checked the help page for that here but none of the suggestions work. If I set the value to 500 max pings/min it will verrry slowly pull in some servers but then still lock up. I find it hard to believe my (admitedly cheap) router is THAT awful? it's a Linksys/Cisco E2500 for reference.

I simply can't get into any games most of the time. Any help?

Tenrius

I've been playing The 39 Steps, which I've won from NIN90 (thanks again) and I gotta say that it's right up my alley. It's basically a book told with different audio and video supplements, with a little bit of interactivity every once in a while. I've never read a Richard Hannay book before, and it's some very enjoyable stuff, not to mention that the music and the visuals are very appropriate. I'm especially fond of 1914 newspapers, maps, printed train schedules and other similar things you can examine!

Wok

Steam download manager is so bad at resuming on a given PC downloads from another PC. I had troubles getting it to recognize my 3 GB of Dota 2: sometimes it recognized none, sometimes 1.3 GB, and now, 2.1 GB. I am not trying my luck another time stopping the download and copying the files in the download foder.

Derrick01

Banned

Sorry to hear that. We had to put my grandfather in hospice care a few days ago so I kind of know how that feels, although admittedly I was never all that close to him. It's still rough on the whole family though.

jsrv

Steam 10th anniversary is coming up isn't it? would be nice if they valve does something special like a mini sale or something

Good to see you man, but sorry to hear about your loss :(

allansm

lol, it shot up to 6th place.

Brothers is really good, it deserves to sell well. What really makes me sad is seeing the amount of people that are only buying it now that TotalBiscuit praised it. Brothers was getting good reviews since it released on Xbox, what's the reason to wait for TB's opinion before buying it?

Brothers is really good, it deserves to sell well. What really makes me sad is seeing the amount of people that are only buying it now that TotalBiscuit praised it. Brothers was getting good reviews since it released on Xbox, what's the reason to wait for TB's opinion before buying it?

His opinion is more valid to me than IGN, Gamespot or other review sites.

Sorry for the loss, dude. Welcome back

Steam 10th anniversary is coming up isn't it? would be nice if they valve does something special like a mini sale or something

Happening in September....September is the 9th month.....square root of 9 is 3...

.... Half Life 3 confirmed!

MRORANGE

Sorry to hear that. We had to put my grandfather in hospice care a few days ago so I kind of know how that feels, although admittedly I was never all that close to him. It's still rough on the whole family though.
Welcome back Mr. Orange.
Good to see you man, but sorry to hear about your loss :(
So good to see MRORANGE back.
Sorry for the loss, dude. Welcome back

Thanks guys.

AHA-Lambda

Woah, TB seemed to bloody love Brothers O_O

I admit I played the demo and didn't see the fuss, plus Yahtzee's review was kinda dismissive so I never gave it another look. Should I be paying attention to it?

AHA-Lambda

Why do you listen to Yahtzee?

I find him funny, but I don't take his opinions on games seriously for recommendations though. I guess it was just cos I didn't see the fuss behind Brothers from the demo and his opinion felt like corroboration more than anything.

Symphonic

Woah, TB seemed to bloody love Brothers O_O

I admit I played the demo and didn't see the fuss, plus Yahtzee's review was kinda dismissive so I never gave it another look. Should I be paying attention to it?

I find him funny, but I don't take his opinions on games seriously for recommendations though. I guess it was just cos I didn't see the fuss behind Brothers from the demo and his opinion felt like corroboration more than anything.

Uh

Tizoc

I remember a thread on GAF that mentioned it's development, the video it showed really interested me in it and got it day 1 off US PSN. Bonus points for it being in the vein of Adventure games, which is a genre I like.

allansm

I can't see a demo giving a good impression of Brothers. You need to play for more than 30 minutes to get a good idea of the game, I think. I would say Brothers is an experiment in storytelling through game mechanics. If this concept interests you, buy it. If you are only curious, wait for a sale.

derExperte

Ok, but that's not the point. It was getting universal praise. If so many review sites are giving it good scores it means it's a good game, no need to wait for TB to tell you that.

He's assembled some very devoted followers that don't buy anything unless he says so. Which might explain his god-complex.

AHA-Lambda

uh.

I can't see a demo giving a good impression of Brothers. You need to play for more than 30 minutes to get a good idea of the game, I think. I would say Brothers is an experiment in storytelling through game mechanics. If this concept interests you, buy it. If you are only curious, wait for a sale.

I guess I'm at least willing to have a look at a sale then, I've never seen this guy gush over a game so much, it's kinda weird so it's grabbed my attention.

mannerbot

I guess I'm at least willing to have a look at a sale then, I've never seen this guy gush over a game so much, it's kinda weird so it's grabbed my attention.

I don't care for TotalBiscuit at all so I haven't watched his video, but I played Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons over the weekend. I thought it was a great game, though a bit overhyped for me (just based on GAF and the critical response).

AHA-Lambda

I don't care for TotalBiscuit at all so I haven't watched his video, but I played Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons over the weekend. I thought it was a great game, though a bit overhyped for me (just based on GAF and the critical response).

K good enough for me.

TB scares me. He can kill a game or give it life.

True, I at least appreciated what he did for Thomas Was Alone though, that game needed more attention at the time :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
TB scares me. He can kill a game or give it life.

zPXLOjt.jpg

Total Biscuit in his natural environment.

AHA-Lambda

If we hear nothing about Half Life 3 on their anniversary, I am forever giving up hope :(

We're going to get a L4D3 announce aren't we?

MRORANGE

So Tigel gave me a copy of Darkness II at the start of the year and I promised to play it when I had free time, managed to complete it a f ew weeks ago.

It's a pretty decent shooter, being able to quad wield weapons is absolutely hilarious, combat gets a bit too easy so I recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty setting. The game is pretty short but I found it to be the perfect length clock around less than 5 hours so it's quite quick to complete. The story holds very well right until the end where it gives you a cop out choice which didn't make any real sense.
Overall it's a fantastic little game with some very clever ideas, well worth the playthrough, not on the same level as Bioshock for story reasons but it's a sold little gem if you want to blast through something in one day.

Apologies for screenshot quality. Was playing at 640*480

Jawmuncher

If we hear nothing about Half Life 3 on their anniversary, I am forever giving up hope :(

We're going to get a L4D3 announce aren't we?

Honestly I'm expecting nothing from valve, its just how they roll it seems.

As for what I want. A sale on the Half Life collection would be nice. How cheap has that gotten anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom