• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Why? Because I love SteamGAF.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs -- MB-68669C9B694D655B - Taken by Grief.exe. 72 entrants total.

Turfster

derExperte

Only if you played the Amiga games and have some nostalgic feelings for them.

Even then it's hard to recommend the new ones. I got AB2 for free during the '11 summer sale, completed it a few months ago and will never touch 1 or 3. So boring, so slow, so much backtracking and everything starts to repeat itself. Liked Shadowgrounds Survivor much more but who knows if it held up.

Whools

Why do you listen to Yahtzee?

Going to assume you mean Yahtzee is not to be taken seriously because of his style, and so:

Why does anyone listen to anyone else? Even if Yahtzee is arguably overly critical, His opinions are still as valid as any other reviewer. No one has the same viewpoint or prejudice as you. For example, Yahtzee doesn't like Multiplayer games then his Cod review isn't applicable to someone who only wants it for the multiplayer, but it is perhaps more applicable to someone who like Yahtzee won't play multiplayer. It's all relative.

Reviews are only meant to be a singular persons opinions anyway, so I think if you know a persons preferences, their review is more valuable to discern your own opinions. And many of Yahtzee's viewers know his game preferences.

BadAss2961

So Tigel gave me a copy of Darkness II at the start of the year and I promised to play it when I had free time, managed to complete it a f ew weeks ago.

It's a pretty decent shooter, being able to quad wield weapons is absolutely hilarious, combat gets a bit too easy so I recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty setting. The game is pretty short but I found it to be the perfect length clock around less than 5 hours so it's quite quick to complete. The story holds very well right until the end where it gives you a cop out choice which didn't make any real sense.

Overall it's a fantastic little game with some very clever ideas, well worth the playthrough, not on the same level as Bioshock for story reasons but it's a sold little gem if you want to blast through something in one day.

Apologies for screenshot quality. Was playing at 640*480
Game was a fun romp, played through it twice. Loved the ending and the song that went with it. (spoilers in comments)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ModBot should now report the number of entrants for raffles when it edits the winner in and in receipts. If it reports 0 or 1, that's probably a bug, particularly if it occurs during a period of high load. I haven't tested it, so we'll see how it works with fantomena's giveaway or if someone does a lightning giveaway first.

zkylon

zkylewd
So Tigel gave me a copy of Darkness II at the start of the year and I promised to play it when I had free time, managed to complete it a f ew weeks ago.

It's a pretty decent shooter, being able to quad wield weapons is absolutely hilarious, combat gets a bit too easy so I recommend playing it on the hardest difficulty setting. The game is pretty short but I found it to be the perfect length clock around less than 5 hours so it's quite quick to complete. The story holds very well right until the end where it gives you a cop out choice which didn't make any real sense.

Overall it's a fantastic little game with some very clever ideas, well worth the playthrough, not on the same level as Bioshock for story reasons but it's a sold little gem if you want to blast through something in one day.

yeah I really liked the darkness 2, it's simply a ton of fun and the story is actually kind of weirdly sweet, in a ripping off mobster viscera kind of way. slicing shit up and impaling dudes never gets old too.

but really dude wth at 640x480

Speaking of giveaways, has anyone else received the steam code email from Gearbox after submitting the "Borderlands 2 11 more levels" code given away by gvaz? (thanks again)
Haven't gotten an email yet.

The_Monk

ModBot should now report the number of entrants for raffles when it edits the winner in and in receipts. If it reports 0 or 1, that's probably a bug, particularly if it occurs during a period of high load. I haven't tested it, so we'll see how it works with fantomena's giveaway or if someone does a lightning giveaway first.

That's really interesting fellow GAFfer. Thank you for all the work. It's curious how you've been working in this as a hobby while your main area is another (different) one (it's usually the other way around) :p

Why? Because I love SteamGAF.

Good man.

Sounds fun, thanks. Added to my burgeoning wishlist.

Nice :).

Oh and for what it's worth, I have no idea who Total Biscuit and Yahtzee are. I think they're 'internet personalities' but know no more than that.

EDIT - I suppose I should say that I'm quite happy about that :p.

chronomac

Have fun.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

AI War: Vengeance -- MB-38245CA1FBB8213B - Taken by Aitor
AI War (with DLC) and Tidalis -- MB-053982D95F040E8E - Taken by Pestilence11
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2 -- MB-1C0592A02D4E8715 - Taken by Shepard

MRORANGE

... that's possible?

Yes, I wish I hadn't thrown away my 15' CRT though.

yeah I really liked the darkness 2, it's simply a ton of fun and the story is actually kind of weirdly sweet, in a ripping off mobster viscera kind of way. slicing shit up and impaling dudes never gets old too.

but really dude wth at 640x480

My ATI4850 has been on the fritz for the last year or so, I refuse to buy a new gpu.

What is the reason for Darkness 1 PC port not happening?

I honestly have no idea on this as well.

FloatOn

I wasn't a big fan of the first one. The reverse tower defense thing with fixed path planning and actually running around on the map grabbing repair powerups got... exhausting.

the second one is so much better. the transforming mech thing it has going for it is really satisfying and adds another layer to the gameplay.

much better production overall too with some nice shifting camera angles.

oipic

Great to have you back on deck, Mr Orange - you have been missed. The whole clan is almost back together now...

Oh, and fantomena - terrific (and generous) giveaway - thanks.

AHA-Lambda

Hey guys, anyone willing to help a guy out on Rogue Legacy? :p

I'm stuck at Ponce de Leon, got any tips for this guy?

I'm at lvl 55 and he's at lvl 52 (cos I used 2 grace runes) but I still just can't manage to get him below half health =/

Hey guys, anyone willing to help a guy out on Rogue Legacy? :p

I'm stuck at Ponce de Leon, got any tips for this guy?

I'm at lvl 55 and he's at lvl 52 (cos I used 2 grace runes) but I still just can't manage to get him below half health =/

Suggested class: Barbarian. It doesn’t really matter for this fight since you will be winning legit. But if you mess up you can “shout” away all the fireballs on the screen and buy yourself some time to reset.

General strategy: You need two skills here. The first is the ability to double jump and dash in a very wide circle around the screen. If you are running into a trail of fireballs? You are moving too fast or not wide enough. Slow down and stick to the sides and very top. Once you get the path down you’ll find you can circle forever and the boss can’t get close to you.

Unfortunately you still need to do damage to win which can be dangerous. What I recommend is playing it safe and only trying to hit the boss when you are on the bottom of the screen. Simply swing twice and back dash. If you can see the boss isn’t dashing wait for it to get close and repeat again. You can do this a few times along the bottom of the screen before you have to climb away again.

Repeat until it goes down. It takes a little bit of practice and patience, but once you have the technique, this boss shouldn’t touch you once. Discipline is the key here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom