• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

This feels off-topic now, but I started playing Hotline Miami again. I stopped a few months back when I got to the 4th chapter or so. I finally pushed through and now I'm at 14 (2 left). The boss fights in this game are ridiculous.
It took me 30 or so tries to beat the guy with the knife and the dudes in the van. But a "try" takes anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute, so it wasn't too painful.

I like that the game plays around with the mechanics later on and asks questions for the player to think about (what exactly is real?).
My only big critique is that when I succeed it often feels like luck. Enemies just happen to miss me or take a weird path. Still a fun, frustrating and eventually rewarding game.

My strategy for that guy was
use his own weapon against him. Round up the fodder enemies and lead em through the fire.

Glad you're liking it, it's my personal GOTY 2012.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Edit Edit: Why don't I have a category called "Controller Supported Games"!?!??!?!

It's exclusive to BPM, the rationale being that if you were interested in viewing games with controller support, you'd be navigating Steam with a controller.

Cheddahz

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-79D8453FF3484B08 - Taken by Tellaerin. 2 entrants total.
Trine 2 -- MB-15206DDE86E4C236 - Taken by Razorskin. 5 entrants total.

I already have MotN and I didn't like the first Trine, so have fun with this!

chronomac

My strategy for that guy was
use his own weapon against him. Round up the fodder enemies and lead em through the fire.

Glad you're liking it, it's my personal GOTY 2012.

I thought I was screwed at first, armed only with a shotgun and no ammo. So I punched the first dude, quickly grabbed his shotgun and took out every dude with well placed shots, very carefully sidestepping the fires. The knife guy wasn't so bad once I figured out the 2 swings and 1 throw rhythm. He still had a weird walking routine.

Have you played with the new engine? It's shinier for sure. I just don't know if it fits the game as well.

This feels off-topic now, but I started playing Hotline Miami again. I stopped a few months back when I got to the 4th chapter or so. I finally pushed through and now I'm at 14 (2 left). The boss fights in this game are ridiculous.
It took me 30 or so tries to beat the guy with the knife and the dudes in the van. But a "try" takes anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute, so it wasn't too painful.

I like that the game plays around with the mechanics later on and asks questions for the player to think about (what exactly is real?).
My only big critique is that when I succeed it often feels like luck. Enemies just happen to miss me or take a weird path. Still a fun, frustrating and eventually rewarding game.

I'm at Ch.10 now I think and it's getting pretty damn rough. Game is pretty great though. Dat soundtrack

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I thought about just trying to get Mark of the Ninja from here since it's the only game I really wanted, but I can't resist the fun of using Modbot to hook some people up.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

FTL -- MB-F021DF24E2C9B845 - Taken by schwupp. 2 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-B5D543F1D8ECDC7B - Taken by BruteUA. 8 entrants total.
Trine 2 -- MB-29F3141C7167CB23 - Taken by DeadlyVirus. 4 entrants total.

AvP Classic 2000 am hard :/. I've started a new game as a marine and an alien and died quickly in both plus I've got 'lost' especially as the alien and found navigation difficult. All these modern games that make it almost impossible to not finish a game [except out of boredom] have spoilt me. Time to fire up a different game in my backlog to assuage my battered ego :(.

statham

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-89F7A5BD8D9916DD - Taken by fantomena
Brutal Legend -- MB-9482F68AC1CC1CDE - Taken by Kifimbo
FTL -- MB-95AA4E1918D044D8 - Taken by Hofmann

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you're paying 75-99% off the MSRP as most people are (and you are, in your screen) then you are undoubtedly not contributing above the value of goods received. It's not THAT grey. The devs on the other hand do allow the option for their proceeds to go to charity.

FWIW, I haven't ever done this and was just speculating that it could be a reason why someone would want to select "All charity" on their Humble Bundles.

OFFIS

Thanks for the giveaway yaron777 and others sharing the love, this reminded me that I have these laying around.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Medal of honor -- MB-3A5D37B8D5590B7C - Taken by Purkake4
Dead space -- MB-B7D738820B847F40 - Taken by Cheddahz

Tellaerin

The update changed the engine? Aw man now I need to play through a couple levels to see/feel the difference.

The engine update broke things for some people too, so YMMV. Some folks are getting CTD's, and I (and some others, from what I've seen on forums) don't get any sound with the new engine. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom