• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
For FEZ, did they change the puzzles with rumble as a clue (in 360 version), so that it can be solved on PC in case someone is using a gamepad without rumble or just keyboard and mouse?
Yes. On PC you can solve those (puzzle hint spoiler)
by paying attention to the sound. Instead of right and left rumble you get a low tune playing on the corresponding speaker. It's more noticeable on headphones.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of The Ninja -- MB-469DD112D42585F1

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Yes. On PC you can solve those (puzzle hint spoiler)
by paying attention to the sound. Instead of right and left rumble you get a low tune playing on the corresponding speaker. It's more noticeable on headphones.

Okay, that's good to know. I needed a game to test some of my equipment anyroad. Thanks for the information.

maneil99

So I have the steam account name of the user that scammed cheddar, would it be allowed to post it here for others to try and get the weed back?

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I love how, thanks to the amount of work I had today, I only learned about Steam Family Sharing 5 minutes ago, because a friend posted about it on Facebook. I should have seen it here earlier so we could all celebrate together :(

Grief.exe

Have you already redeemed your key? This is the first time I've gifted something through the humble store so I'm not sure if I did it correctly.

I won't be able to until I get home in about 2 hours. I will let you know then.

At school right now, that is why I can only respond periodically.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Bundle said:
More games coming soon!

More games will be added to this bundle next Wednesday morning at 11:00am Pacific! If you pay more than the average at your time of purchase, you’ll automatically unlock even more games when they arrive! Keep checking the site and prepare to be surprised and delighted!
Is this new? No more getting the extra games with a $1 purchase?

wilflare

I love how, thanks to the amount of work I had today, I only learned about Steam Family Sharing 5 minutes ago, because a friend posted about it on Facebook. I should have seen it here earlier so we could all celebrate together :(

wait. what. what is this?!

I hate it to be sleeping while a new Humble launches. the BTA is now $4.44 (lol)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yep :( Now you'll have to pay the average to get the extra games on second week.
That's a shame. I already own every game except for Eets (which I don't care for), so those games would have been the only reason for me to pay a buck. Now I'll pass, though that can change in the future if I find them interesting.

Oh, and I just found out I've bought the Groupees bundle that came with Paranautical Activity. That means I'll get a Steam key whenever the devs feel like delivering them. Not everything is wrong with the world then, yay!

oipic

Yep :( Now you'll have to pay the average to get the extra games on second week.

Given the individual keys for everything, too (at least in this case), I'm guessing no amount of registry snooping will uncover the bonus games in advance of them unlocking, either.

Grief.exe

That's a shame. I already own every game except for Eets (which I don't care for), so those games would have been the only reason for me to pay a buck. Now I'll pass, though that can change in the future if I find them interesting.

Oh, and I just found out I've bought the Groupees bundle that came with Paranautical Activity. That means I'll get a Steam key whenever the devs feel like delivering them. Not everything is wrong with the world then, yay!

Paranautical Activity and Spire look like some awesome indie Roguelike FPS games.

I'm more excited for the latter, but I am very ezcited to give Paranautical a spin.
Did not get the groupee bundle, so will have to pick it up seperately.

Just finished my "Let's Play" of Paranautical Activity. Here it is:

letsplayyxswq.gif

Shit is crazy.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
wait. what. what is this?!

I hate it to be sleeping while a new Humble launches. the BTA is now $4.44 (lol)
This. Supposedly Valve will let you share your games with other people's accounts, though only one can be playing at any time. If you (as the owner of the games) log in, whoever is playing will get kicked out after a few minutes.

Paranautical Activity and Spire look like some awesome indie Roguelike FPS games.

I'm more excited for the latter, but I am very ezcited to give Paranautical a spin.
Did not get the groupee bundle, so will have to pick it up seperately.
Spire looks interesting too, I'd like to give it a try.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Trine 2 Complete -- MB-67785F87CB5E9BDD - Taken by liezryou
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-325771BC5E27AB47 - Taken by 2n2

mrgone

Is the invisible writing a protection so that people cannot find the contents of the bundle in the Steam registry?

I think it's just that something's a little wonky with the latest Steam update and maintenance cycle. Or Half-Life 3 :)

liezryou

Thanks for trine 2!

Seeing as i just won the 3 games i needed from the new HIB, i shall give away a few games of my own. I'll do more when i actually get around to sorting my keys, for now this is it.

ModBot said:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

eXceed 2nd Vampire REX -- MB-6A1417AF0AEEA126 - Taken by 73V3N
Mirror's Edge -- MB-18D977BE5179BDE9 - Taken by Purkake4
Dead Space -- MB-A869C91A0304FA25 - Taken by Spawn
Space Pirates And Zombies -- MB-F23538C40A6892C9 - Taken by georaldc

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Putting that new data section on the badge page to good use:

Mi7FO8q.png

Also - holy crap 143

ss_lemonade

The ninja game is awesome. Wish I had more time to play my copy though.
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-D46CC815F57A8320 - Taken by OverHeat. 2 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-EA763EE2A22052EF - Taken by adaen. 30 entrants total.

t1378943300z1.png

Anustart

Thanks Widdly Scuds for Trine 2!!! though I dunno how I got it. Was browsing previous page and saw it unredeemed, tried modbot and it gave it to me even though it said 14 entrants..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom