• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX_

Neo Member
I need to finish my play through of FEAR. The padding really started to get to me.

The game started to lose me just a bit after this despicable buffoon showed up.
NortonMapes%20(570%20x%20428).jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished the 3rd stage of Castlevania, and it's a strange game. The combat feels great, but the camera is beyond terrible. And I feel the game doesn't reward exploring, because although there are a few sections where the path branches, if I take the right one first it won't allow me to go back and explore the one I missed. And that really sucks, because I don't want to have to replay levels later, I like exploring it all the first time (unless I need a specific item/power-up/skill to access, that is).

Oh, and according to Aida64, the CPU temperature is normal during the massive slowdowns (around 50°C), but the GPU reached 96°C or so, which I think is pretty high. Unless the sensors aren't working well, I may be on the road to have a toasted graphics card. I have no idea why, because I cleaned it less than 3 weeks ago.

maneil99

Just finished the 3rd stage of Castlevania, and it's a strange game. The combat feels great, but the camera is beyond terrible. And I feel the game doesn't reward exploring, because although there are a few sections where the path branches, if I take the right one first it won't allow me to go back and explore the one I missed. And that really sucks, because I don't want to have to replay levels later, I like exploring it all the first time (unless I need a specific item/power-up/skill to access, that is).

Oh, and according to Aida64, the CPU temperature is normal during the massive slowdowns (around 50°C), but the GPU reached 96°C or so, which I think is pretty high. Unless the sensors aren't working well, I may be on the road to have a toasted graphics card. I have no idea why, because I cleaned it less than 3 weeks ago.

GPUS can handle high temps however most GPU's have awful fan slops, manually set your fan to a higher %

maneil99

I have a guy that sells those AMD GPU Gold Bundles, was wondering if anyone wants to split it. He normally sells them for 10-15$. I already split with someone else and got SR4 for my 5$ share. Was looking at DMC or Dirt Showdown or maybe we can save it for new games ie BF4? PM me, maybe we can get 3 people to split it? I just need 1 game.

MRORANGE

Can you stop with the shady split/trade posts? We have threads for that, plus the fact you decided to bump the post to the new page.

Oh god triple post, what are you doing?

maneil99

It's a GeForce 9800 GTX+. Old, but good (or at least it is whenever it feels like working properly).

I use the regular Nvidia drivers, and my card's brand is XFX. No idea if that changes things.

Never had to deal with something like this. Usually things started working fine after I gave them a proper cleaning.

MSI afterburner works with all GPU's, either use that or EVGA Precision X. Both allow fan control. By Default Nvidia cards target 80c. If your GPU is old it will get higher, I am confident cranking the fan up will drastically help

maneil99

Uh-huh so you managed to miss a double post, which was only 3 minutes ago then you realised that you were at the bottom of the page so the only logical solution was to post it again and fake ignorance?

No, what happened was instead of editing the post I quoted my own post and edited it there, then I deleted the first post once I realised

There's people that bought it at full price (not me, I couldn't stand it after 3 hours, glad I got it for 'free' with PS+). It takes all sorts, man.
Fans preorder or buy on launch, but for the rest of us that waited for sales, 24 is hardly appealing.
And that's just the standard edition, Ubisoft have gone crazy with their pricing.

Sajjaja

Assassin's Creed 3 is such a chore. My brother bought it (he's not really well informed on games) for $40 on PS3. It really is a huggeeee drag. He bought Revelations with it and he played that, which is when he noticed Revelations was getting stale. AC3.....I watched him play it and holy crap, it's janky, unoptimized, boring.

Don't bother until it's at most $10.

MRORANGE

No, what happened was instead of editing the post I quoted my own post and edited it there, then I deleted the first post once I realised

So you totally ignored the first post you did then.

Look you know you are not supposed to trade here, the rule is listed in the OP.

Turfster

I watched him play it and holy crap, it's janky, unoptimized, boring.
Yeah, I played for that long and I barely got to the New World, playing a total douchebag the entire time and when I finally get there, I'm still in the tutorial? Also, there's almost no verticality, even in the first town, so I figured I'd best bail before I lost more time on it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So you totally ignored the first post you did then.

Look you know you are not supposed to trade here, the rule is listed in the OP.

Agreed, needs more Sorsha Ronan gifs/talk to be relevant to the thread

Assassin's Creed 3 is such a chore. My brother bought it (he's not really well informed on games) for $40 on PS3. It really is a huggeeee drag. He bought Revelations with it and he played that, which is when he noticed Revelations was getting stale. AC3.....I watched him play it and holy crap, it's janky, unoptimized, boring.

Don't bother until it's at most $10.
Bought Revelation for 10.20 a long time ago, it was ok, and I'm not going to pay more for an AC game.

Sajjaja

Bought Revelation for 10.20 a long time ago, it was ok, and I'm not going to pay more for an AC game.

What I liked most about Revelations was the refreshing colourfulness and setting of Istanbul. AC3...oh man, just so pale, there was no life. Also, the redesigning of characters was grossly unnecessary.

What I liked most about Revelations was the refreshing colourfulness and setting of Istanbul. AC3...oh man, just so pale, there was no life. Also, the redesigning of characters was grossly unnecessary.
Wilderness is boring? I actually prefer Italy over Istanbul, more historical buildings to scale and see.

Turfster

Wilderness is boring? I actually prefer Italy over Istanbul, more historical buildings to scale and see.

When do you even get to the wilderness? All I got were like, little wooden houses spaced far apart and a wide open wood/dirt fort, which is really not what I signed up for in an assassin's creed.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
MSI afterburner works with all GPU's, either use that or EVGA Precision X. Both allow fan control. By Default Nvidia cards target 80c. If your GPU is old it will get higher, I am confident cranking the fan up will drastically help
Gonna try this if it keeps happening. Hopefully it'll help.

Sajjaja

Yep. I'd just... gotten back from the fort where I got the... whatever it was, with the random dudes that spawned on roofs. That's about the point where I said "yeah, okay, I'm done"

That's why lol. You didn't even get to interesting plot point, which leads you to play as the native guy, but even after that, it all just dies down.

Turfster

That's why lol. You didn't even get to interesting plot point, which leads you to play as the native guy, but even after that, it all just dies down.

Dude, I'd been playing for like, 2-3 hours as a total douchebag that I knew wasn't the main character in a stupid boxed off tutorial with little areas that went "And now you are going to learn to do <whatever>" which usually came down to "PRESS X NOW".
My time is more valuable than that.

Sajjaja

So AC3 truly has a long ass tutorial/prologue? How long is that?

Quite a few hours. Like, it draaaaaaaaaaaags.

The entire time I was saying to myself, "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory?" That's a Simpsons reference btw. Basically another way of expressing the anticipation of reaching the good/exciting part of something, but it never comes.

Dude, I'd been playing for like, 2-3 hours as a total douchebag that I knew wasn't the main character in a stupid boxed off tutorial with little areas that went "And now you are going to learn to do <whatever>" which usually came down to "PRESS X NOW".
My time is more valuable than that.

That plot point is probably the best thing in the game lol.

Cheddahz

Banned
The entire time I was saying to myself, "When are they going to get to the fireworks factory?" That's a Simpsons reference btw. Basically another way of expressing the anticipation of reaching the good/exciting part of something, but it never comes..

I"M THE COOLEST DAWG IN TOWN

Diedac

So I just found out that Steam has a secret multiplayer game that you can play. It's Spacewar. You just need to type steam://install/480 into a steam chat window and it gives you the option of installing it.

Has anyone ever tried it before? It looks fun.

Another one for the backlog :)

Turfster

It isn't really, it's not a particularly bad tutorial, and there are genuinely beautiful set-pieces, but like pretty much every AC the game gets more and more boring as you play it...

The British guy is a total asshole, though, and the zones you get to play in, while beautiful, are pitifully small and linear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom