• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it prevent you from playing? Suppose I'm lucky and social club has never caused issues across platforms. I enjoy the stat tracking elements.

Knurek

Tomb Raider is really good, at least so far. I'm liking it a lot, and it runs pretty smooth. Of course, I had to put everything on medium, except a few things that could run on max (texture quality and level of detail).

Just FYI, LoD is largely CPU bound, and you are more than likely to run into framerate problems in Shantytown (unless something was done to the game since launch).

Note that putting LoD on medium doesn't really change how the game looks much.

Seems that it's a recent issue, Social Club is probably getting a makeover before GTAV launches. Still unfortunate though, hopefully it's resolved soon. I signed out of social club and had to spam to log back in so obviously something going on. It even says "SC offline" in the upper right.

Grief.exe

The past couple days apparently people cannot activate their Social Club accounts and play the game.

Pretty well documented issue on the Steam forums. This is exactly why I hate pointless DRM.

Sajjaja

The past couple days apparently people cannot activate their Social Club accounts and play the game.

Pretty well documented issue on the Steam forums. This is exactly why I hate pointless DRM.

The social club is DRM? What? First time I've heard of this. I've only played this gen Rockstar games on consoles and the social club is optional.

Social Club is actually kind of rad though if you get into the contests between friends and such. People can play if they go offline apparently but of course they shouldn't have to. One imagines Rockstar knows about it and will be working on a fix. They aren't entirely GTAV focused. It's more prevalent in Max Payne 3 because of the crew system for multiplayer.

The social club is DRM? What? First time I've heard of this. I've only played this gen Rockstar games on consoles and the social club is optional.
You have to register the game upon first play via it if I remember. After that you can play offline while remaining connected to steam. GTAIV has the option to play offline right from the launcher.

jediyoshi

You can't pass the press start screen in MP3 unless it's logged in.

Fucking worst. I have to go through every variation of reinstalling social club, disabling the overlay, changing compatibility before it wants to randomly accept the log in.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Seems that it's a recent issue, Social Club is probably getting a makeover before GTAV launches. Still unfortunate though, hopefully it's resolved soon. I signed out of social club and had to spam to log back in so obviously something going on. It even says "SC offline" in the upper right.
I don't have that message in the upper right. It just says "Press home to access social club feature" or something along those lines. Then it disappears, along with the social club login screen.
Whats wrong with the social club?

For the past two nights, it's kept me from playing Max Payne 3.

I don't have that message in the upper right. It just says "Press home to access social club feature" or something along those lines. Then it disappears, along with the social club login screen.

You have to be logged in to receive that special message! *evil laugh*

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
AC3? Worse than Revelations?

A handful of things that come to mind: I wasn't particularly fond of the locations as they were aesthetically and architecturally uninteresting; I didn't like the over-simplification of the free running system; I didn't like the lack of thought that went into the secondary mission objectives; I did like the homestead system as a concept but felt that too many of the related missions were poorly conceived and, consequently, frustratingly dull (I imagine herding pigs in a game is about as fun as herding pigs in real life); and I didn't like that the assassin tombs were all but given the flick (the concept lived on in the form of a few small locations you can visit once you completed enough naval missions).

that's what I've been busy with. It'll be in the next version of Enhanced Steam. :)

Have you ever seriously considered going to Valve with your code? You've done some great work. With the exception of the price checking bit, I'm pretty sure Valve would be more than happy to get all of that stuff in the proper client.

Wok

If you bought the LA game space through kickstarter, you now have access to exclusive games... and a Steam key for Noitu love 2.

Deques

Have you ever seriously considered going to Valve with your code? You've done some great work. With the exception of the price checking bit, I'm pretty sure Valve would be more than happy to get all of that stuff in the proper client.

As far as I know, jshackles is still waiting for a phone call from Valve

Pudge

a new tag ("Friends Own"),

Holy shit dude, I didn't know I wanted that, but I SO want that. You're AMAZING. I second that guy from earlier, you REALLY should get on the horn with Valve and show them what you've done with their client. You deserve a gold knife out of Gabe's collection.

JaseC

Holy shit dude, I didn't know I wanted that, but I SO want that. You're AMAZING. I second that guy from earlier, you REALLY should get on the horn with Valve and show them what you've done with their client. You deserve a gold knife out of Gabe's collection.

Valve is acutely aware of his work; he's just not had any luck thus far.

let's try this again

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

FTL: Faster Than Light -- MB-45C6F4E2B4F11ABE - Taken by Spawn. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for FTL: Faster Than Light was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1379318335z1.png

Acccent

If you bought the LA game space through kickstarter, you now have access to exclusive games... and a Steam key for Noitu love 2.

Indeed

ModBot said:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Noitu Love 2 Devolution -- ????? modbot edit fail

As usual, this giveaway of mine isn't just a matter of copy and paste. The key is hidden somewhere.

Indeed

As usual, this giveaway of mine isn't just a matter of copy and paste. The key is hidden somewhere.

think i found it but i have no idea what the game is about. going to read some reviews first

EDIT: o wow the game has cards too and fine i'll edit it out

I took Noitu Love 2, thanks Accent. I think I found it about the same time as gwynplaine did. I was pretty surprised that the game was only 12 MB on Steam.

Finally got my Paranautical Activity key from Groupees, but I had to email them about it first.

Yeah, I got mine today sometime between leaving for work and getting home again. I was one of the last people to get a Guncraft key as well. Still can't complain it's not like I bought the pack solely for the purpose of getting a steam key, it's a nice bonus.

JaseC

This is the second time the C&C games have been on sale since the Summer Sale ended. I still can't quite settle on a prognostication regarding EA's relatively frequent sales over the past six or so months: are they happening because EA wants to know how much money it's leaving on the table due to the ignoring of Steam since Origin launched or is it because the company's remaining Steam catalogue is going to be yanked also?

This is the second time the C&C games have been on sale since the Summer Sale ended. I still can't quite settle on a prognostication regarding EA's relatively frequent sales over the past six or so months: are they happening because EA wants to know how much money it's leaving on the table due to the ignoring of Steam since Origin launched or is it because the company's remaining Steam catalogue is going to be yanked also?

Good point, get everyone on origin with the charity bundle and them permanently cut the steam strings when one of the big hits, BF4, Titanfall etc... lands.

I hope it's the former, and I want them to bring complete version of games back on Steam.

enjoy
ModBot said:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter -- MB-EB877442CEFAC620 - Taken by Boss Doggie
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter -- MB-C6435EB11C00D71C - Taken by Franck Ribery

derExperte

picture your favorite Pink Floyd album (if it's anything other than The Division Bell, you're a bad person and I don't like you)

And here I thought javadots was the low point of SteamGAF. Srsly.

He, at least Groupee finally go me a Paranautical Activity key, day saved.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just FYI, LoD is largely CPU bound, and you are more than likely to run into framerate problems in Shantytown (unless something was done to the game since launch).

Note that putting LoD on medium doesn't really change how the game looks much.
I'll keep this in mind when I get to that place, thanks. My CPU is over 4 years old, so I'll definitely have problems there.

Ledsen

Just finished the 3rd stage of Castlevania, and it's a strange game. The combat feels great, but the camera is beyond terrible. And I feel the game doesn't reward exploring, because although there are a few sections where the path branches, if I take the right one first it won't allow me to go back and explore the one I missed. And that really sucks, because I don't want to have to replay levels later, I like exploring it all the first time (unless I need a specific item/power-up/skill to access, that is).

Oh, and according to Aida64, the CPU temperature is normal during the massive slowdowns (around 50°C), but the GPU reached 96°C or so, which I think is pretty high. Unless the sensors aren't working well, I may be on the road to have a toasted graphics card. I have no idea why, because I cleaned it less than 3 weeks ago.

You need to backtrack to get most stuff anyway since you need specific powers for them.

Where's a good place to get AMD drivers? amd.com has been dead since yesterday.

I have 2 in my library. It's been sitting there for years, the one Steam purchase I regret. If it really is the best one, maybe I'll install it.

The PC version of AC2 is fucked and actually has worse graphics settings (specifically the LoD) than the console version. It can't be fixed AFAIK and it looks horrendous. It's a joke. First and only time I demanded (and got) a refund from Steam.

Just look at it:

47016936.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You need to backtrack to get most stuff anyway since you need specific powers for them.
Oh I see. Then I guess it's fine, but I'd rather choose to replay levels myself by seeing that I lack the required skills than be forced to do so because of level and progression design.

And here I thought javadots was the low point of SteamGAF. Srsly.

He, at least Groupee finally go me a Paranautical Activity key, day saved.
Got mine too, let's hope it was worth the wait.

And hey, if you're a fan of the Barrett era, I don't wanna hear that. Anything prior to Atom Heart Mother can go die in a fire, except for "The narrow way" which is cool.

Ledsen

Oh I see. Then I guess it's fine, but I'd rather choose to replay levels myself by seeing that I lack the required skills than be forced to do so because of level and progression design.

I don't remember that ever happening honestly, I'm pretty sure I got everything I could on my first playthrough and then went back to get the ones you needed powers for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom