• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2013 V - Message Modbot for Good Time 1-800-555-READOP

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Spelunky is the best indie game ever. As soon as it goes on sale buy it people, or just buy it now. I have played it in 21 hours, still not reached farer 2-1.

I was looking through my badges and I discovery my Steam Account is 2 years old today. I started to really using Steam near the end of December and I can say so far my experience with it is pretty good. I still need to buy a proper laptop to play my games but in the meantime I keep buying games. ;)

Lastly I've been in a mood to play F:NV and I started to download some mods even before properly playing the game, I hope I can finish it because I have a serious problem with finishing games, usually I play through all the game but when I get near the end I get "bored" and start to play other game, and the cycle continues.

Parsnip

I didn't find AC3 as bad as everyone else. It had it's problems and bugs, but the core of what I enjoy in AC games was still there, which is stabbing dudes. The cities were boring and flat, (as was Connor), but I enjoyed the wilderness traversal more than I expected. Obviously the trees were built in such a way that traversal is possible, but sometimes you forget and it felt magical.
Haytham was a much better character,
and the plot thing that happens at the end of chapter 3 (or act 3? something like that), and the way the change of player character kind of colors the perception of the people around you. Specifically I liked how all Haytham's buddies seemed kind of alright dudes initially, but when the switch to Connor happens and oh shit Templars, the way Charles Lee for example is portrayed seems to change. Or perhaps the passage of time changed Lee from dapper gentleman to sweaty asshole. Either way that was pretty alright.

And the ship battles were mostly really awesome, so when they announced Black Flag, I wasn't surprised. AC4 sheds some light to Haytham's past as well.

Just started Brutal Legend, the menu is so cool!
Menu of the generation.

Did you guys line up the Linux talk with Gabe's keynote at LinuxCon?
:O
RT @linuxfoundation: Gabe Newell: #Linux is the future of gaming. #LinuxCon http://t.co/3Sp3kvgouX

BUStVwxCQAARqd0.jpg

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay, so I'm getting a new laptop today. I can just copy all the contents of the steam folder over to an external hdd (and then over to the new laptop) rather than having to download/install all of it again right? Anyone have any directions for it so I dont goof it up somehow? Haha.

Tenrius

Okay, so I'm getting a new laptop today. I can just copy all the contents of the steam folder over to an external hdd (and then over to the new laptop) rather than having to download/install all of it again right? Anyone have any directions for it so I dont goof it up somehow? Haha.

Yep, you can. All your games are in the steamapps folder, that's basically all you need to copy. You also might want to use GameSave Manager to make a backup off all your saves and transfer it to your new laptop, because a lot of games store their saves in My Documents or wherever and it may get messy if you do it all manually. I just did the same thing last week, in fact.

Vecks

Finally finished all the blackwell games. I wish they would have labeled them so I wouldn't have to check online to see the proper order of playing them. I liked all the episodes, but the last one, deception, was the low point for me even though they managed to streamline some elements for the better. For some reason, in deception they changed the artwork for the character portraits and they weren't animated anymore. On top of that, getting some things to work was a bit iffy
For one part, I figured out what band name to use for the DJ, but I thought I got it wrong because it just wouldn't work. I don't know how I got it working in the end, but it was frustrating to find out I was typing in the right name.

Unbound and Convergence would be my favorites of the episodes. It was a nice touch to make unbound a prequel and have convergence connect to it. I do wish there was a lot more streamlining of the tedious things, but the games are short enough already that it's not a big problem.

Grief.exe

You only need the Steam Apps folder and the executable.

Turfster

Finally finished all the blackwell games. I wish they would have labeled them so I wouldn't have to check online to see the proper order of playing them. I liked all the episodes, but the last one, deception, was the low point for me even though they managed to streamline some elements for the better.

Oh. So, is it still worth it, or like, "get when it's a dollar."? I liked the first two.

Also, fuck zombie driver HD and its azerty-agnostic keyboard setting you can't change.
It's the 21st century, people. Detecting that takes like, 3 lines of code.
Edit: Oh god the controls are still as shit and liable to get "stuck" as in the OG version.
Guess I'll just idle for cards for a change, instead of playing the actual game.

Trading cards are a great idea if only because it makes you play games that you normally wouldn't. I was going to idle Fortix for cards but decided to play for a bit. I ended up playing for 3 hours and beating it. It's actually a lot of fun. Like a fresh take on Jezzball (jazz ball?) from windows 95

Seanspeed

Banned
Trading cards are a great idea if only because it makes you play games that you normally wouldn't.
Not for me. I'm not gonna buy a game I'm not interested in just because of some virtual trading cards that are worth pennies.

I will say that it will probably encourage me to play a game I'm already interested in more, though. Its definitely a better incentive than the worthless achievement stuff.

Vecks

Oh. So, is it still worth it, or like, "get when it's a dollar."? I liked the first two.

Also, fuck zombie driver HD and its azerty-agnostic keyboard setting you can't change.
It's the 21st century, people. Detecting that takes like, 3 lines of code.
Edit: Oh god the controls are still as shit and liable to get "stuck" as in the OG version.
Guess I'll just idle for cards for a change, instead of playing the actual game.

If you've played the first 2, I'd say the 3rd one is definitely worth it because it ties in quite nicely with the 2nd game.

Turfster

If you've played the first 2, I'd say the 3rd one is definitely worth it because it ties in quite nicely with the 2nd game.

Oh, I've got the 3rd. I just need to get on it. How about the 4th tho, Deception?
And yeah, numbering would have been nice.
They're like, 3, 1, 2 in the steam library.

I was looking through my badges and I discovery my Steam Account is 2 years old today. I started to really using Steam near the end of December and I can say so far my experience with it is pretty good. I still need to buy a proper laptop to play my games but in the meantime I keep buying games. ;)

Lastly I've been in a mood to play F:NV and I started to download some mods even before properly playing the game, I hope I can finish it because I have a serious problem with finishing games, usually I play through all the game but when I get near the end I get "bored" and start to play other game, and the cycle continues.

You're not alone in that :/.

So what exactly is so good about Linux? What makes it better than Windows 7 for example.

• free
  • open source
  • tech nerd cred

Kifimbo

Slow week, by August standards. The GTA V effect, even on PC ?

09/17/2013 - MechWarrior Online - Mech Action - Infinite Game Publishing/Piranha Games - F2P
09/17/2013 - Hot Wheels: World's Best Driver - Racing - Warner Bros./Firebrand Games - $XX.XX
09/18/2013 - Foul Play - Action - Devolver Digital/Mediatonic - $14.99
09/18/2013 - Dragon’s Prophet - MMORPG - Sony Online Entertainment/Runemaker Entertainment - F2P
09/18/2013 - Ironclad Tactics - Strategy - Zachtronics/Zachtronics - $14.99 (2-Pack for 22.49$)
Em05pds.png

09/18/2013 - Urban Trial Freestyle - Racing - Tate Multimedia/Tate Multimedia - $14.99
09/19/2013 - Cognition Episode 4: The Cain Killer - Adventure - Phoenix Online Studios/Phoenix Online Studios - $XX.XX
09/20/2013 - Takedown: Red Sabre - Tactical FPS - 505 Games/Serellan - $14.99

Vecks

Oh, I've got the 3rd. I just need to get on it. How about the 4th tho, Deception?
And yeah, numbering would have been nice.
They're like, 3, 1, 2 in the steam library.

You could probably skip the 4th and not miss much. The first 3 feel like a trilogy and feel complete. But if you ever finish 3 and are left wanting more, it's not bad (still carries most of the same concepts as previous blackwell games).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Dungeon Hearts and Hack, Slash, Loot got cards. Maybe others, but those are the ones I own. :)

Also - for new users of Enhanced Steam I'd like to ask a favor. The last couple of reviews I've received on Google have been 1/5 stars. Can GAF give the review section some love?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/enhanced-steam/okadibdjfemgnhjiembecghcbfknbfhg/reviews

I wish developers could leave replies for reviews. One gentleman just left 1 star because he couldn't save his settings. This is an issue with his Chrome profile, not Enhanced Steam. If he were to contact me I could give him directions to resolve the issue.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Holy crap. $3.00 for La Mulana.

I'll wait to see what gets added to Humble 9, but that's probably getting bought.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a feeling if I buy that LaMulana it's going to drop in the new HIB9 in two days.

hmm.. Playism guy, confirm or deny.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, I thought the Acti sale had one more day remaining and today's featured franchise would be Transformers. Oh well.

Turfster

Oh, right, it's monday.
Weekly deals.

Rochard 80%
Lucius 66%
La-Mulana 80%
Pacific Storm 150%, no buy button
Exodus from the Earth 75%
Making History the calm & the storm 75%
Iron Warriors T72-Tank Command 75%
Dead Pixels 67%
Desperados 2 75%