• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Arthea

What happened? why so many pages even in the new thread?

We need to survive today and then relax for 20 day or so until our livelihood will be in grave danger.

edited: I'm invisible? cool! I was working on it for years!

also nice thread, MrOrgange, btw

Deques

ugh. the indiegala giveaway thing is such a mess. the redeem prompt don't show up on Chrome, captcha verify button doesn't work on IE and captcha doesn't even show up on Opera.

The entire IndieGala site is a huge mess. First is that it is copying everything that Humble does. Second is that their copy isn't well built, the site is slow and takes forever to load.

Sendou

Yeah not too much new stuff. Got a ton of stuff to play from October/November however so that's more than fine with me lol

Same here. Not to speak early 2015 is potentially ridiculously packed. Oni and Hotline Miami 2 leading the pack for me.

Shadownet

Banned
Edit: Beaten.
simpsons_nelson_haha2.gif

Victory is mine!
---
Square better hurry up with that FFXIII update. Im still in the prologue chapter.

Shadownet

Banned
No GeDoSaTo for you? Or is there more the patch plans to fix?
GeDoSaTo is just too complicated for me to get it working correctly every time (I'm stupid). So yeah I just been waiting for that 1080p patch which I'm not sure why its taking so long. It should have been out months ago.

Edit: GeDoSaTo need a cooler name. Like IdleMaster.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
New thread, new avatar. Still holding out on buying anything in the Autumn Sale, the Winter one always has more of a bigger feel to it anyway. Waking up and remembering to vote for the new community deal, eagerly anticipating pricing errors, fishing out great indie game deals.. good times.

Arthea

5 to 1600
I wanted to stop at 1000
I'll probably do it this week with some bundle.
>.<

talking about gamecount, I'm less than 100 games short of 2K, you read it Xseed? I need that Trails SC as my 2Kth game! You don't have much time left
I like to believe it's working, I tried this with 1.5K and Trails, it didn't work, but it might work with SC, no? (><)

stopping is hardly possible, tho, too late for that.

Deques

talking about gamecount, I'm less than 100 games short of 2K, you read it Xseed? I need that Trails SC as my 2Kth game! You don't have much time left
I like to believe it's working, I tried this with 1.5K and Trails, it didn't work, but it might work with SC, no? (><)

stopping is hardly possible, tho, too late for that.

Are we talking about game count now? Currently got 1480 games, I got some bundle games that I haven't redeemed yet. It might break the 1500 game count...

Maniac

Banned
The only thing I have is some $50 CSGO skins, and a copy of Deadpool.

Officially jelly. Really want that game, cause... It looked decent :(

Also is anyone else having trouble with Playfire? It wont gimme muh reward for playing Tesla Breaks the World, and I've bloody well played it for nearly an hour. 30 minutes two days ago and 30 yesterday ._.

Shadownet

Banned
Uh, there's already a profile loaded in Gedosato for FFXIII, you just need to double click on the exe before starting FFXIII.
Okay now talk to me like I'm 2.

Also is anyone else having trouble with Playfire? It wont gimme muh reward for playing Tesla Breaks the World, and I've bloody well played it for nearly an hour. 30 minutes two days ago and 30 yesterday ._.
Braaaaah I'm kidding. If I had a copy of Deadpool, I would be bragging about it for months on end.

I hate playfire. I'm pretty sure its tracking my new games. Yet I never seem to earn any more credit.

Why The Fuck would Uplay games patch before you play them? Can't they update the install files or coordinate with Steam on patches.

Arthea

Why The Fuck would Uplay games patch before you play them? Can't they update the install files or coordinate with Steam on patches.

U can't

sorry, I had to (><)

edited: Nuuvem counter lied? I didn't expect that. yesterday Sillent Hill sale counter was on 16 hours left, today there was no discount at all. Oh well, you can't catch buy them all

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone have any games that they passed over before and got during the sale and are loving? I'm about to sit down with Saints Row IV

For me it would be The Fall

A cross between the standard fare of adventure titles (use items to interact with environment to get more items to solve puzzles to move forward) with methodical and slow paced combat for a side scroller action game that works out quite well for being a hybrid of the two different genres. This mostly comes from several puzzles that are of note, combat having it's own sense of puzzle aspect, and a setting, visuals, and story that creates a wonderful atmosphere not unlike that of Metroid (alone, alien world, wonderful backgrounds) or parts of The Swapper.

It wasn't exactly a title I was going to get on my own (it was a gift), as I was under the mistaken impression it was just a simple slow moving side scroller action game, but I'm more than happy with what I've played through thus far. A set of mysteries to figure out, an A.I. who makes a surprisingly good main character, a sense of wanting to keep moving forward to see what the next area will be like, and a wonderful "less is more" approach to art style and background that provides some very rich areas that tell you exactly what kind of place that particular location is without being overpowering or over-detailed. Even combat, which I initially dismissed as "slow" is well fitting in both atmosphere and pacing of the game, never taking too long nor getting in the way of the heart of being a strong adventure title, the puzzles.

I'm believe anyone a fan of adventure games or looking for a decent sci-fi story to play through would be quite happy with this, with only a few minor faults to hamper it and not being that long of a title. As long as no one is looking for a fast paced action game or a really in-depth puzzle game that is, it's not Metroid nor The Swapper, the atmosphere only reminds me of them.

because U be soft

U can't

sorry, I had to (><)
LOL nice puns right there mates. Really laughed out loud on them.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I think new games use a new patch system, while old ones need to download several patches before booting for the first time. Yeah, it sucks.
I'll just read some lessons while this loads. Ubi making me study.

Ban Puncher

I have a friend who still tries to swear by AMD. Thankfully I finally got him to get an i5 lined up for his next build, and got him a 750ti. But yeah... Dunno why you'd do it to begin with.

I wouldn't piss on an AMD GPU if it was on fire.

And I have owned an AMD GPU that caught on fire.

wilflare

LOL nice puns right there mates. Really laughed out loud on them.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I'll just read some lessons while this loads. Ubi making me study.

:( cheer up man. it's Ubisoft, they are trying to ensure they beat EA as the Worst Company of the Year.

The entire IndieGala site is a huge mess. First is that it is copying everything that Humble does. Second is that their copy isn't well built, the site is slow and takes forever to load.

Yeah, it's buggy as hell on Firefox. I have to press the gift button and then reload the entire page for the link to show up. It could definitely use a unused keys section as well like humble due to the large number of greenlight games you end up with.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Power-Up -- MB-91F41BE7536302EC - Taken by roadrunn3r

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Power-Up was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Tellaerin

ugh. the indiegala giveaway thing is such a mess. the redeem prompt don't show up on Chrome, captcha verify button doesn't work on IE and captcha doesn't even show up on Opera.

It's your own fault for not using Firefox. :p (IE? Seriously? >_< )

Omega

Banned

It's a game made by Activision, why would it be decent?

Arthea

wait, Age of Wonders III is region free, or ES isn't working?
I actually have problems is ES last several weeks, on any browser too.

Deques

IndieGala decides that I had too many activations, so I give this game away instead

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Deques, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Time Ramesside -- MB-600F9BCB590A4788 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1417428782z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
wait, Age of Wonders III is region free, or ES isn't working?
I actually have problems is ES last several weeks, on any browser too.

The ROW subs can be purchased by way of the cross-region purchasing trick.

Do we have a Uplay thread here? Need troubleshooting / help on Uplay closing itself.
EDIT: I'll just logout from Steam Chat so you won't see me start a game over and over again.

Arthea

Do we have a Uplay thread here? Need troubleshooting / help on Uplay closing itself.
EDIT: I'll just logout from Steam Chat so you won't see me start a game over and over again.

ask Jasec, I'm almost sure nobody knows Uplay better for obvious reasons ;)

Shadownet

Banned
What if JaseC is actually real life Desmond and only by playing AssCreed games will he be able to learn from his ancestors and stop the Templars.

*mind blown*

Tizoc

For me it would be The Fall

A cross between the standard fare of adventure titles (use items to interact with environment to get more items to solve puzzles to move forward) with methodical and slow paced combat for a side scroller action game that works out quite well for being a hybrid of the two different genres. This mostly comes from several puzzles that are of note, combat having it's own sense of puzzle aspect, and a setting, visuals, and story that creates a wonderful atmosphere not unlike that of Metroid (alone, alien world, wonderful backgrounds) or parts of The Swapper.

It wasn't exactly a title I was going to get on my own (it was a gift), as I was under the mistaken impression it was just a simple slow moving side scroller action game, but I'm more than happy with what I've played through thus far. A set of mysteries to figure out, an A.I. who makes a surprisingly good main character, a sense of wanting to keep moving forward to see what the next area will be like, and a wonderful "less is more" approach to art style and background that provides some very rich areas that tell you exactly what kind of place that particular location is without being overpowering or over-detailed. Even combat, which I initially dismissed as "slow" is well fitting in both atmosphere and pacing of the game, never taking too long nor getting in the way of the heart of being a strong adventure title, the puzzles.

I'm believe anyone a fan of adventure games or looking for a decent sci-fi story to play through would be quite happy with this, with only a few minor faults to hamper it and not being that long of a title. As long as no one is looking for a fast paced action game or a really in-depth puzzle game that is, it's not Metroid nor The Swapper, the atmosphere only reminds me of them.
Hmm is it a horror game by any chance or is it like The Swapper's atmospheric setting? If it is the latter, I'll add to my wishlist and grab it if it's price interests me.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I've now played Unity for around fifteen hours and it makes me sad. When it works, both the freerunning and stealthyness are better then ever. But the thing is; it rarely does. So clunky. There's so much wasted potential and absurd design decisions. It's a real shame. Paris is absolutely beautifull and I quite like Arno, but the gameplay often gets in the way of my enjoyment. :(

ExoSoul

Banned
It's not the size of your game count that counts, but what you do with it!

171 :c

Don't worry, you've got nothing to be ashamed of

U play when WII want.

WII U
specially funny considering Ubi's support for that platform

Hmm is it a horror game by any chance or is it like The Swapper's atmospheric setting? If it is the latter, I'll add to my wishlist and grab it if it's price interests me.

From what I've played it's like The Swapper's setting: alone in a strange, dark and hostile feeling environment.

I've now played Unity for around fifteen hours and it makes me sad. When it works, both the freerunning and stealthyness are better then ever. But the thing is; it rarely does. So clunky. There's so much wasted potential and absurd design decisions. It's a real shame. Paris is absolutely beautifull and I quite like Arno, but the gameplay often gets in the way of my enjoyment. :(

If only they weren't so dead set on a massive amount of NPCs and instead focused on a stable performance...

tumbleweed.
ask Jasec, I'm almost sure nobody knows Uplay better for obvious reasons ;)
I really don't know how he can tolerate that.
Don't bother lol.

U play when WII want.

No need for troubleshooting. Uplay closing itself (among a list of other things) means it´s working as intended.
Too harsh bros. Sorry spindoctor and lashman but I'm Burned-out and will just try that some other time.

Top Bottom