• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Shadownet

Banned
It says that the serial's been used, so it's registered to her account. Shows up on her Sims 3 account but not her Origin library nor can she download it.

This might be stupid, but have you try plugging it in?

I'm kidding, I guess try to reinstall Origin? if that doesn't work. I guess get ready for a lengthy wait with Origin Tech Support on Monday.

On a side note, Legend of Grimrock is kicking my ass. damn those snails.

Anyone have any games that they passed over before and got during the sale and are loving? I'm about to sit down with Saints Row IV

This might be stupid, but have you try plugging it in?

I'm kidding, I guess try to reinstall Origin? if that doesn't work. I guess get ready for a lengthy wait with Origin Tech Support on Monday.

On a side note, Legend of Grimrock is kicking my ass. damn those snails.

She's just gonna ask for a refund. Nice try Origin, but make your shit work.

M.D

You could just play AC4 on the PC with a controller >_>

I have a 360 controller that I bought to play on pc, but my setup is different now and I can't hook up my pc to the TV
It feels kind of weird sitting in front of my little monitor with a controller, but I may try it again :)

I must have missed it. Where did you get Dragon Age Inquisition for under $60?

It was in the previous thread
about $30 on the Ukrainian Ubisoft shop, got a code to redeem on Origin

I just looked it up and it seems only Dragon Age 2 is on there now

Far Cry 4 is $29 there BTW!

inm8num2

Ugh bad weekend to have issues with my computer. Hopefully I can get things resolved and be ready for the big winter sale. :)

Let me guess...Spelunky is your GOTY

Maybe one of my favorite games of this past generation, but nah it won't be on this years list since I already dubbed it the best back in 2012 (on XBLA).

I digress, it's going to be a great year for indies and the underdogs to take the top spots.

You know people give Thief a lot of shit, but I'll be damned if I didn't just have a good time playing for a couple hours, the Bank DLC mission is pretty cool, and I think it looks really nice.

FLD

You know people give Thief a lot of shit, but I'll be damned if I didn't just have a good time playing for a couple hours, the Bank DLC mission is pretty cool, and I think it looks really nice.

Sadly, the Bank DLC is by far the best mission in the entire game. Almost gave me Thief 2 flashbacks and nothing in the main campaign ever came remotely close to that. :(

And, keep in mind, I'm saying that as someone who actually enjoyed the game for what it was. It's the worst game in the entire series but it's still Thief, and that was good enough for me. But I'm really glad I played the Bank DLC after I'd already played through most of the campaign because otherwise it would've been all downhill from that point on.

wilflare

folks. if I'm changing from a AMD GPU to nVidia GPU, do I simply just uninstall the AMD drivers and install the nVidia ones after a reboot?

(the last time I did something like this we had to use some Driver Cleaner or something from DriverHeaven lol)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
rachel is awesome

i don't really like fighting games so i don't know how she plays or anything but i love her design

Yeah I got the LE of CP just because it had a Nendo of her in it:
56BpEWHl.jpg

Sadly, the Bank DLC is by far the best mission in the entire game. Almost gave me Thief 2 flashbacks and nothing in the main campaign ever came remotely close to that. :(

And, keep in mind, I'm saying that as someone who actually enjoyed the game for what it was. It's the worst game in the entire series but it's still Thief, and that was good enough for me. But I'm really glad I played the Bank DLC after I'd played through most of the campaign because otherwise the only way to go would be down.

I'm on like the 3rd or 4th mission and the Bank one is definitely the best, but the main missions aren't terrible by any means but the design of them could be better. Maybe if we ever get a Thief 5 they will learn from their mistakes.

FLD

I'm on like the 3rd or 4th mission and the Bank one is definitely the best, but the main missions aren't terrible by any means but the design of them could be better. Maybe if we ever get a Thief 5 they will learn from their mistakes.

Yeah, the story missions are alright. But they have a frustrating tendency of forcing you to break stealth in cutscenes and then making you go through ridiculous chase/escape sequences. That got old pretty fast.

The client jobs were my favorite missions in the entire game. It's a shame there was only a handful of them because they were more fun to play than the story missions.

Sini

Could someone borrow me 5 TF2 keys? I'll return them on Friday and I'll give lots of 1.1€ CS:GO sticker capsules as guarantee.
I asked this before, but reconsidered to do a bit of research about trader I want to use.

squadr0n

Bought saints row iv goty and thief since i had credit from selling dota items lol.

Full haul:
Fallout 3 goty
Shadow run returns
Grim dawn
Styx
Saints row 4
Thief

What are the chances Divinity will be cheaper tomorrow or if Xcom will go on sale.

Toki767

I doubt it's actually that high since the arcade machine is just a pretty low spec Windows XP machine.

Specs for Calamity Trigger show the same thing, except the video card recommended is ancient lol

Processor: Intel Core i5 / i7
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia Geforce 8800 / AMD Radeon HD3700
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
Sound Card: Direct Sound

derExperte

I have a friend who still tries to swear by AMD. Thankfully I finally got him to get an i5 lined up for his next build, and got him a 750ti. But yeah... Dunno why you'd do it to begin with.

While right now Nvidia is a better choice in a lot of price ranges that wasn't the case before, AMD often offered the better value and I'd go back in a second if that were the case again. So for someone who isn't 100% on top of things that's understandable, also AMD still isn't bad or anything.

Hardware fanboyism is just pointless.

I've known more unreasonable Nvidia fanboys than AMD ones though.

zkylon

zkylewd
Bought saints row iv goty and thief since i had credit from selling dota items lol.

Full haul:
Fallout 3 goty
Shadow run returns
Grim dawn
Styx
Saints row 4
Thief

What are the chances Divinity will be cheaper tomorrow or if Xcom will go on sale.
divinity can't go any cheaper on steam than it is today

derExperte

AMD vs Nvidia GPUs is a fine discussion.

AMD vs Intel CPUs is hilariously one sided.

Unfortunately that's correct. I still remember the days when Intel fucked up regularly and AMD p***** all over them, my first 1GHz CPU was from them for example. Too bad customers didn't care enough and Intel's sleazy business practices (plus some dumb decisions by AMD of course) did their part in the long run.

kudoboi

ugh. the indiegala giveaway thing is such a mess. the redeem prompt don't show up on Chrome, captcha verify button doesn't work on IE and captcha doesn't even show up on Opera.

Top Bottom