• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Your order of 20.00 at GAMEPUMP has been confirmed. A confirmation has been sent to you at

l28q1F7.gif

xist

I've never seen Humble Bundle sales figures increase this slowly....we're at around 150 sold after 13 minutes...

Ascheroth

Square-Enix really has a strange pricing strategy. It's like they only care about short term profit, because who in their right mind is going to buy their western AAA games on release when they get ridiculously cheap within months?

Quick look at the store page shows me that there's 50€ worth of DLCs... none of which are discounted, and the game has microtransactions as well, right?
Maybe they're banking on that making them all the moneyz.

But effectively it's telling me that there's no point at all in buying at release if large price-drops are that quick to happen.
I mean it's a good thing for consumers, but it can't be healthy at all for the industry.

Nzyme32

It really is a treat for fans of the first game. HLTB says the critical path is about 14 hours but I spent 45 just exploring the world and reading all the emails and stuff. One small touch I really loved happens when you visit Golem city. There's a section over there which acts as a marketplace and there are radios in a couple of places playing Synapse which was one of my favorite bits of music from Deus Ex 1. What made it better was that this was the music that plays when you visit the Hong Kong market in that game. So, wandering around the Golem City market with Synapse playing on the radio is just enough to remind you of the first game if you still remember that bit.

The game has an abrupt ending for sure but it's not left unfinished or hanging in any significant way (well other than the fact that conspiracy theory stories will never let you reach the end. See any X-Files episode). I also wish it had a few more exotic locations to visit but in the end it was a fine game and I'm really not sure how it managed to get itself such a bad reputation.

Yeah I clocked in about 50hrs doing everything I could find and exploring and reading a ton, as well as going through the game completely pacifistic and stealthy. My only real complaint outside of the end is just the same old lack of branching story and options that you could find in the original (that I still find even today over a decade later), but also the lack of different locales and groups to actually see and engage with - although much of this is more to do with the context of the narrative for this game anyway

$20 for Mankind Divided seems like a great deal but i dont have the time and ive bought like 5 games in the past month

and i still need to beat The Witcher

chronomac

I'm one of Humble's defenders usually - in that I think that when people call "shit bundle" they just mean they have the games already and that's annoying - but they deserve some heat for that crappy Yogs bundle with its annoying rules and then this.

tmarg

I'm one of Humble's defenders usually - in that I think that when people call "shit bundle" they just mean they have the games already and that's annoying - but they deserve some heat for that crappy Yogs bundle with its annoying rules and then this.

Yogscast bundle is actually completely for charity, and this is actually a good bundle, it's just already been done. It's kinda disappointing that they have basically taken the whole month of December off in terms of regular bundles, but there's nothing to be offended about.

Aaron D.

Hitman for $15 at GameStop and Deus Ex for $20 on Steam.

������������

I don't even see how this is a question.

I mean, props to both titles, but Hitman is in a completely different league of greatness.

Rimworld isn't likely to go on sale is it? Want to buy it after reading about the latest update.

I wouldn't imagine, but it couldn't hurt to wait until 12/22 to see for sure.

Game is amazeballs and a complete steal @ $30, btw.

Tied with SSR for my GOTY (ironically, another $30 one-man production).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

HITMAN INTRO PACK -- MB-3D9138A1F9DC5949 - Taken by Dessart. 21 entrants total.
TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD -- MB-AFE9D156D48D97CD - Taken by Valxal. 6 entrants total.

t1482265640z1.png

Tizoc

Anyone got any Winter Seal OT suggestions? Here's mine

STEAM Winter Seal 2016 |OT| Once more unto the breach

Amzin

Has anyone actually played Trillion? I think I added it to my list because looks kinda like a tactics RPG and I have no natural avoidance of animu yet.

Tizoc

Has anyone actually played Trillion? I think I added it to my list because looks kinda like a tactics RPG and I have no natural avoidance of animu yet.

From what I gathered, weak gameplay but good overall concept and story.

Dinjoralo

I am very curious what's going to be coming through GamePump... I hope they aren't exclusive to the subscription service, since I want to see what they come through with before putting anything down.

PaulSane

It's a tactical rpg\time management game hybrid with some dating sim elements. Tactical side of things being the weaker part of the game, i'd say - while battles do require thought put into them, you only control one character in a given battle, and whether you succeed or not mostly depends on how you have prepared for the said battle. While you have a lot of choice on how you "raise" your characters, there are actually strictly right and wrong ways of doing so
(which isn't entirely a bad thing though, since there are reasons you might want your characters to fail, any further explanaition might lead to actual spoilers)

Grief.exe

Rimworld isn't likely to go on sale is it? Want to buy it after reading about the latest update.

A16 added a ton of depth to a game that is already infinitely deep and plenty of replay value.

It's not likely to go on sale as there is an argument to be made around keeping the total owners relatively lean so as to garner positive reviews and solid feedback. Opening up the game to a massively increased user base through sales frequently causes issues with feedback and review scores.

I don't even see how this is a question.

I mean, props to both titles, but Hitman is in a completely different league of greatness.

I wouldn't imagine, but it couldn't hurt to wait until 12/22 to see for sure.

Game is amazeballs and a complete steal @ $30, btw.

Tied with SSR for my GOTY (ironically, another $30 one-man production).

Top tier taste confirmed.

I better go with Hitman.

Teeth

That Overwatch comic is the most fanservice-y shit I've seen.

- Make game where everyone shoots everyone else in the face, regardless of alignment
- concoct allegiances in 6 minute cartoons that have nothing to do with the game
- fans want to see all of your characters fuck
- make comic that has them all fuck
- $$$$

Amzin

From what I gathered, weak gameplay but good overall concept and story.

It's a tactical rpg\time management game hybrid with some dating sim elements. Tactical side of things being the weaker part of the game, i'd say - while battles do require thought put into them, you only control one character in a given battle, and whether you succeed or not mostly depends on how you have prepared for the said battle. While you have a lot of choice on how you "raise" your characters, there are actually strictly right and wrong ways of doing so
(which isn't entirely a bad thing though, since there are reasons you might want your characters to fail, any further explanaition might lead to actual spoilers)

hmm, interesting, thanks. I tend to dislike time management but the whole premise of this one sounds intriguing. I may have to grab it.

If the Winter Seal thread title doesn't have it, then the January Steam title better include the words "Game" and "Pump" in it. Someone let MRORANGE know.

Monooboe

Wow people weren't kidding when they said the late game of Final Fantasy 15 is bad, especially chapter 13 is garbage, I don't even know what to say.o_O (game still top 10 goty for me)

It is a blessing it got "delayed" on PC so it can get all the fixes and actually get the game finished. I can't wait to see the engine shine on a PC because it really does seem like quite a good engine that can do some nice things even on an Xbox One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom