• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valxal

Has anyone actually played Trillion? I think I added it to my list because looks kinda like a tactics RPG and I have no natural avoidance of animu yet.

From what I've played it's very story heavy and light on the actual gameplay. You'll spend most of your time in visual novel style story sequences and then a bit of actual gameplay before heading back to the story segments.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-D052E6787C764EB1 - Taken by chronomac. 9 entrants total.

t1482268162z1.png

dex3108

Two more days until SteamGAF goes under the lock until 2017. I guess this is right time to wish you all Merry Christmas (if you are celebrating it) and a Happy New Year :D

P.S. I still don't get it why SteamGAF is closed during the sale, especially now when there are not daily deals. It's not like we get tons of new members after the sale either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Amzin

From what I've played it's very story heavy and light on the actual gameplay. You'll spend most of your time in visual novel style story sequences and then a bit of actual gameplay before heading back to the story segments.

After having a bunch of games lately go sideways on me with sudden tedium later on, I'm OK with less gameplay and more story. I ain't got time to fight with a game to enjoy it :p

Stoze

So I'm thinking about picking up a steam controller and steam link this holiday. Do these typically go on sale during holiday sales? I remember seeing them on the front page in previous ones so I'm pretty sure, but I thought I'd check.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I'm thinking about picking up a steam controller and steam link this holiday. Do these typically go on sale during holiday sales? I remember seeing them on the front page in previous ones so I'm pretty sure, but I thought I'd check.

Yep, they go on sale.

Zeeman

I'd love to get that collection of King's Quest games (my wife has fond memories of them) but man, $15 tier is too high for them. Think I'll wait for a sale on Steam or GOG.

Corpekata

Banned
After having a bunch of games lately go sideways on me with sudden tedium later on, I'm OK with less gameplay and more story. I ain't got time to fight with a game to enjoy it :p

If you're looking to avoid tedium, don't play Trillion.

It's not really story heavy at all really, though it is one part raising sim, one part VN, and one part terrible roguelike.

Hey SteamGAF, I'm not dead!
Unless being alive also includes not being dead inside

I decided to cave in and buy the Square Holiday Suprise Box, and I'm glad I did! Definitely the best one so far for me, I was hoping for Hitman GO and a FF game and also got a cool looking adventure game and Soul Reaver, which I've been this close to buying multiple times, so it's been great for me.

One question, though: Should I play FF XIII and XIII-2 before starting with Lighting Returns? Or can I simply read up on the story/watch some cutscenes on Youtube and be done with it?

Anyway, here's some Hitman:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:

- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman Intro Pack -- MB-8DCBEA7E8EB32FEC - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.

t1482267646z1.png

I really wish there was an ONLYLURKERS rule though, just to compensate for all the NOLURKERS ones :p

That Overwatch comic is the most fanservice-y shit I've seen.

- Make game where everyone shoots everyone else in the face, regardless of alignment
- concoct allegiances in 6 minute cartoons that have nothing to do with the game
- fans want to see all of your characters fuck
- make comic that has them all fuck
- $$$$

I love how people are going "LET'S NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, THEY ONLY KISSED ON THE MOUTH".

Dinjoralo

Took a look through my steam library to hide some of the games I'm never going to play... When the hell did I get Metro 2033??? Like, I can remember the circumstances for when I bought most of the games in my library, but I don't even remember buying Metro.

Ascheroth

You should just pick up Xanadu Next.
Tight gameplay that never gets tedious with great level design, a kick-ass soundtrack and it even has a great story.
Also doesn't overstay its welcome with around ~20 hours gameplay.
It's GOTY material.
Currently -20% on humble, won't go cheaper during winter sale.

Actually everyone should just buy Xanadu Next.

Valxal

Yeah it's definitely not a bad thing, the story is enjoyable and the character interactions are fun to watch.

Ascheroth

Hey SteamGAF, I'm not dead!
Unless being alive also includes not being dead inside

I decided to cave in and buy the Square Holiday Suprise Box, and I'm glad I did! Definitely the best one so far for me, I was hoping for Hitman GO and a FF game and also got a cool looking adventure game and Soul Reaver, which I've been this close to buying multiple times, so it's been great for me.

One question, though: Should I play FF XIII and XIII-2 before starting with Lighting Returns? Or can I simply read up on the story/watch some cutscenes on Youtube and be done with it?

Both XIII-2 and Lightning Returns have a shit story anyway, so I doubt you'd miss much by jumping right into it. It's only worth playing for the gameplay.
XIII is still worth checking out, because it's still the best looking one out of all the 3 games and has the most interesting world and story premise,... which the sequels completely ignore.
But regardless of its story, XIII-2s gameplay was pretty good as well.

It's also worth noting that all 3 games play entirely different from each other.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
SF5 season 2 pass is 4th in the top seller...

...whut?

dat Akuma thirst?

Nzyme32

If there are any Hitman & Steam Controller users in here - what was support like?

Bizarrely all the configs people have made look terrible, and seemingly the obvious best of both worlds (mouse & gamepad combo) is no where to be seen - but I've just tried it and it works perfectly... so... I don't get it, but I'm very happy to see this is the case

Took a look through my steam library to hide some of the games I'm never going to play... When the hell did I get Metro 2033??? Like, I can remember the circumstances for when I bought most of the games in my library, but I don't even remember buying Metro.

It's been given away free a bunch of times. Great game, you should play it. Unless you have the redux version as well, in which case play that instead.

Worst case scenario for Gamepump is that I'm out $20 or have 12 or 13 crap/mediocre games, not a huge loss either way. I've spent far more on far more disappointing things.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why is everyone jumping on this gamepump train? What's so special?

If we make it one giant joke before it ever happens, then it can't end up disappointing us if it turns out to be trash.

And/or it's fun to say.

Nabs

20 bucks to PUMP up the volume of your GAME Library.

Keep your eye out for deals on Amazon and Gamestop this weekend. They usually come out cheaper thanks to shipping.

Regginator

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is €16,49 on Steam. Damn, I feel like a sucker for getting it day one (even though €36 was a decent price for it).

Hopefully Dishonored 2 follows its example with an early heavy price drop.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided is €16,49 on Steam. Damn, I feel like a sucker for getting it day one (even though €36 was a decent price for it).

Hopefully Dishonored 2 follows its example with an early heavy price drop.

Definitely hold for Dishonored. It's not bad, but if you feel like a sucker on Deus Ex, which was the better game, you'll be hurt with Dishonored.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if you already played Mankind Divided, youre not a sucker, you already got your money's worth at the time.

if you didnt play it, then why did you buy it day 1?

Wait, it's pronounced Shantae as in enchanté

what did you think it was?

Nzyme32

It has become a meme here basically. That and:

Worst case scenario for Gamepump is that I'm out $20 or have 12 or 13 crap/mediocre games, not a huge loss either way. I've spent far more on far more disappointing things.

But I am keen to point out:

He also said that MSX games are the same as NES games, something a person who played both for more than a second would never say.

Which is so true, and leads me to believe we (as in the folk who are being pumped by paying for the sub) are about to get bum fucked by this one - but, whatever really; we knew we were gambling with our money anyway.

Regginator

Definitely hold for Dishonored. It's not bad, but if you feel like a sucker on Deus Ex, which was the better game, you'll be hurt with Dishonored.

Luckily Arkane is helping me to stay on hold with that shitty PC port. I'm getting nowhere close to it until it runs decently on AMD cards. A few days ago I could have bought a physical version for €22 at a local webshop, but the fact that I didn't pull the trigger says enough...

A shame, Deus Ex MD and Dishonored 2 were without a doubt my 2 most anticipated games of the year (DXHR and Dis1 are my favourites of last gen). One shipped with an extremely underwhelming cut-in-half story, and the other one is an unoptimised shitfest on PC.

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom