• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2016 - Winter (Sale) Is Coming Dec 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoze

Yep, they go on sale.

Keep your eye out for deals on Amazon and Gamestop this weekend. They usually come out cheaper thanks to shipping.

Cool, thanks guys.

Playing Hitman made me want to give the SC a shot. The game feels great on controller except when you have to aim, and using a sniper is especially awful. SteamWorld Heist is another game I played this year where I would end up putting the controller down to pick up the mouse and aim on occasion.

Console ebsclusives making their way to PC, aka a Gaming side salt mining service.

"It wont sell well on PC."

"PC-Gamers are all pirates. Look at the Steamspy numbers. Only 200k. Laughable!"

"Who really wants to play console games on a PC?"

"It will freeze. I bought a gaming PC for 10k $ last year and every game had problems!"

"The real fans are console-gamers. They made the franchise what it is today!"

Nillansan

"PC-Gamers are all pirates. Look at the Steamspy numbers. Only 200k. Laughable!"

"It will freeze. I bought a gaming PC for 10k $ last year and every game had problems!"

You forgot, 99% of them bought it in a bundle for a cent anyway.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Why is everyone suddenly so gampepumped? I have checked my mail and nothing.
Whenever someone mentions Gamepump, it ripples out like a shockwave activating the part of your brain that loves stupidly named things.

Wok

You forgot, 99% of them bought it in a bundle for a cent anyway.

PC gaming is some kind of F2P business model where the backloggers collect more games than they can play in their whole life and end up making the cheap bundles worth it for the studios.

It used to be Steam sales, it is now indie bundles, tomorrow it will be GAMEPUMP and other subscription-based services.

When you think about it, we are all some kind of whales.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam needs to stop shoving Fate Morgana in my face every day.

That or I need to delete Knurek.

eej95sp7zkcx.gif

AHA-Lambda

Ah fuck off Telltale >_<

If you want to import your save from the previous season of TWD you need to create an account with their online service.
If not, then you need to recreate your choices from a generator (and hell if I remember them now)

fantomena

Got Deus Ex when it was 50% off during autumn sale and Dishonored 2 (which Im currently playing) at 33% off during TGA sale.

No ragrets.

Does searching your inventory just not work anymore? I'm guessing it's because I have ~12k items, but it used to work before the recent inventory update. Now it just says "This inventory is not available at this time. Please try again later." whenever I try to search.

Ah fuck off Telltale >_<

If you want to import your save from the previous season of TWD you need to create an account with their online service.
If not, then you need to recreate your choices from a generator (and hell if I remember them now)

It should let you import a save file instead.

https://telltale.com/news/2016/12/how-you-can-get-your-walking-dead-saves-into-season-three/

Option 2 &#8211; Use your Season Two save game

If you&#8217;re playing on the same device, and you still have your old Season Two save file, you can import your save. When you start a new game in Season Three, you&#8217;ll be automatically prompted to use your Season Two save data.

If you want to play on a different device, and still have your old device with Season Two saves. Then we&#8217;ve done our best to help you out. We&#8217;ve recently updated Season Two (on all platforms) to include Telltale Cloud Saves. You&#8217;ll need to update your app, launch Season Two and create a Telltale Account (if you don&#8217;t already have one). Then you can enable Cloud Saves and upload your Season Two save to the cloud. When you launch Season Three, you&#8217;ll be able to login to your Telltale Account and download the Cloud Save. Then you&#8217;re good to go! This is how to migrate your story from one device to another, like moving from PS3 to PS4, or Xbox 360 to Xbox One. It works from any platform to any other platform.

Well that option is not appearing anywhere I can see =/

Not really sure, but when I chose to continue it gave the option to chose Slot 1 from my save in TWD:S2.

rtcn63

Watching videos from people who've played a bit of RE7, there definitely does seem to be quite a bit of that annoying trial-and-error gameplay, particularly with regards to the boss battles. Not something I cared for in Outlast (especially the DLC), but seeing as there are just so few FPS horror titles that aren't entirely walking simulators, I'm still keen on giving it a shot. I have no doubt that my own opinion will be somewhat here and there once I've completed it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hate my "unfinished" category. it might aswell be called "games I stopped a third of the way through and fuck me if I remember anything about them so im going to have to restart anyway"

Nzyme32

Steam needs to stop shoving Fate Morgana in my face every day.

That or I need to delete Knurek.

eej95sp7zkcx.gif

Once again I concur, but I don't think it helps that I did buy one of the games previously recommended by Knurek, wishlisted another and we already have several games in common that Knurek has reviews positively and I also own and love. With that in mind, maybe Knurek does know whats best for me - though nothing so far screams that Fata Morgana is something I will like thus far, as seems to be the case with most similar games

Doomedfool

Ah fuck off Telltale >_<

Aw, cmon. How hard can it be to remember. You choose to save this person or that person, only so the one you save will die in the next chapter anyway :p

You try your best not to piss Kenny off, only for him to wind up pissed anyway. You know..choices!

Also...Fuck Off, Kenny!

Nzyme32

Ah fuck off Telltale >_<

It really really annoys me that games can't dig into the steam cloud and do it that way. If I read through things correctly, it is suggesting I reinstall the old game(s) just to get at the files again

It really really annoys me that games can't dig into the steam cloud and do it that way. If I read through things correctly, it is suggesting I reinstall the old game(s) just to get at the files again

If you delete the game it should delete your local saves. If you played the previous season on the same computer the save file should be in Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season 2

Idk why but i read these, especially the second, in a Trump voice

Rhaknar

I really should finish Broken Age, I pretty much stopped at what would be the end of part 1 (when thats all that was out), and I kinda remember what happened.

Nzyme32

If you delete the game it should delete your local saves. If you played the previous season on the same computer the save file should be in Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead Season 2

Yeah, but that means my choices are redownloading the game, or digging out the old laptop from the pile of ass that is behind our TV. For someone who is quite physically active, I'm a lazy cunt

AHA-Lambda

Gah, redownloaded TWD S2 and copied and pasted my old save files over to the appropriate location.

The game recognises them just fine, so I upload them to TT's website... Error displaying as "incomplete save".

Bugger it, I'll use the choice generator. Bloody useless >_>

Hektor

Gah, redownloaded TWD S2 and copied and pasted my old save files over to the appropriate location.

The game recognises them just fine, so I upload them to TT's website... Error displaying as "incomplete save".

It's not like your decisions will make a difference in the end anyways.

Did you try using the Steam cloud save, if you have it? It worked fine for me.

It's not like your decisions will make a difference in the end anyways.

Yeah I have to admit being a little puzzled that people are upset about save importing not working properly. Not a single choice in these telltale games has ever mattered... Why would it start now?

Yeah I have to admit being a little puzzled that people are upset about save importing not working properly. Not a single choice in these telltale games has ever mattered... Why would it start now?

Seeing the right people get vanished in the first five minutes is important to continuity, ok.

(I haven't played any Season 3, for the record.)

Zeeman

I enjoyed how when I played Back to the Future, the single choice you can make in that game (your alias in the past) managed to not carry over between episodes

Knurek

Once again I concur, but I don't think it helps that I did buy one of the games previously recommended by Knurek, wishlisted another and we already have several games in common that Knurek has reviews positively and I also own and love. With that in mind, maybe Knurek does know whats best for me - though nothing so far screams that Fata Morgana is something I will like thus far, as seems to be the case with most similar games

I wish I could talk more about Fata Morgana, go into specifics why it's a great game. But I can't, not without going into spoilers, which would be terrible.
It's a game touching mature themes (very dark ones at that), but handling them perfectly.
It's also a touching love story, about overcoming the adversities life can throw at you.
It's a game that subverts your understanding of it, on and on and on, almost absurdly so, but doesn't devolve into a meta-plot like Umineko does.
It has an amazing soundtrack, full of Portuguese songs. Something you don't really hear much in games.
Close to none pacing issues as well, something extremely rare for a VN.

Everyone in the VNGAF was gushing about the game, so my expectations going into it were very high, and I can safely say it exceeded them and then some.

AHA-Lambda

What? That's the most important thing Clementine had to do in Season 2.

Fuck Kenny, he needed to die and Clem should have killed him sooner.

No lie, tried a multitude of different choices to see if it would appear. Nope.

The only choices given are:

What was Clem's relationship with Lee like regarding her training?
Did she shoot Lee?
Who Clem's mentor was from S2 out of Jane, Kenny and Luke
What your relationship with them was like
Where Clem ends up at the end of S2
What does Clem rely on more for survival: resources or people?
Did you shoot AJ's mum?

This is so stupid.

Jawmuncher

Your relationship with Lee
Did you shoot Lee?
Who your mentor was from S2 from Jane, Kenny and Luke
Your relationship with them
Who does Clem rely on more for survival: resources or people?
Did you shoot AJ's mum?

This is so stupid.

I don't even remember this stuff

Your relationship with Lee
Did you shoot Lee?
Who your mentor was from S2 from Jane, Kenny and Luke
Your relationship with them
Who does Clem rely on more for survival: resources or people?
Did you shoot AJ's mum?

This is so stupid.
I didn't even realise the game tracked some of that stuff, but honestly? It suggests a more interesting direction than they could do otherwise, relying on
personal development more than NPCs that they'll never commit to anyways.

TellTale needs to get better with endings though. It's supremely disappointing that TellTale won't remember their own work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom