• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

you meant to post this

get

gabbo

Been playing some Witcher 3 lately, very enjoyable stuff. The quest design is something else, just loads of variety in every sort of quest. Great to see all the characters from old games come back too, even
that old prick Thaler.

Now to wait for the inevitable film. Yes please.

Is that Emily Clarke?

Arthea

I was gonna say the exact same thing. Undertale is another game going for those Yume Nikki/Space Funeral/Mother feels, and a lot of the charm relies on nostalgia being turned on end.

I don't think 13 year olds give a fuck about this game at all. It's very much for people in their 20s and 30s right now. 13 year olds play various eSports genres, survival games, sandbox games, not stuffy 16-bit tributes.

Ok, I said I'm done with this talk but apparently I'm not.
SMT games did enemy talk on entirely another level and it was great long before Undertale, Undertale doesn't compare.
Combat is simplistic, a game is simplistic. There are so many games that made character interaction great and characters are great, the list would take forever to make, OK, maybe not forever but still.
What exactly is good about Undertale? Except of so called feels, let's leave it for now, to warrant universal acclaim? Choices? VNs, many of them exceed in that also. Atmosphere? That's one thing that's hard to argue with, as it's so ephemeral, pun intended.
I mean it's still a game, if a gameplay is nothing to write home about, how it can be universally acclaimed? Unless it's a VN or something.

Well, that's not really a unlock, though it's way better than what it was before.

well, they are trying, I thought it's worth mentioning.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PLUG & PLAY -- MB-FBE1FECE9FC101D2 - Taken by 73V3N

From the Humble Weekly.

Also have 4 games left over in this giveaway

Sirius Online -- MB-3B1BC158B4A754C1 - Taken by xGreg
Clergy Splode -- MB-41213CC946ABA8B3 - Taken by septicore
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant -- MB-68B7180C0D1FEE8E - Taken by Demon Lizardman
The Tower Of Elements -- MB-CC8398879957D910 - Taken by Purkake4

Those older ones are a free-for-all, so you can take all 4 of them if you want.

Arthea

How's the story in the Trails games? I've been feeling the need for a good anime style JRPG with a great story.
Writing is great, character interaction is great, NPCs are great and story is nice, it would seem exactly the game you are looking for.

Ptaaty

I just requested a refund for "Life is Strange". Have I messed up? I got to the part where the girl is locked in her room for "sexting"....but I really hate games where I aimlessly poke around trying to further the dialog and unlock one after the other "little puzzles". So far it has just been pretty boring. I guess I could rebuy, gut it out for a bit and see if it sticks.

On a more positive note, Underwell and Crypt of the Necromancer have been pretty good short play time sucks. I think Crypt will have more "staying power".

Been eyeing Sunless Sea, Divinity Original Sin, Dungeon Souls and Binding of Isaac, Rocket League. I enjoy gameplay and atmosphere more than story, ideally has both...

Arthea

Just because people keep talking about the same small sample of shit games doesn't mean I hate a lot of games ;)

I like how you just called AAA games small sample of shit games. I can relate to some extent.
But I was under impression that you like only (or mostly, you do like Sanitarium, luckily) stealth games, that's very small part of all games, so it really seems that you hate almost everything at times.

Purkake4

Banned
Been playing some Witcher 3 lately, very enjoyable stuff. The quest design is something else, just loads of variety in every sort of quest. Great to see all the characters from old games come back too, even
that old prick Thaler.

Now to wait for the inevitable film. Yes please.
Mads, it's the only choice.

Turfster

I like how you just called AAA games small sample of shit games. I can relate to some extent.
But I was under impression that you like only (or mostly, you do like Sanitarium, luckily) stealth games
No, I just don't talk about the rest that much apart from a few mentions nobody reads or remembers anyway =p

Chillz0r

Banned
If im really really liking Door Kickers, what other Swat/Police themed games are worth buying before the sale's end? Not necessarily tactical games even.

Even if its a different genre, it made me think of the good old times when i co-op'ed Swat 4 with my friends <3

McBryBry

Fantastic story and character development.

Moreover it's world building is amazing and the lore...chances are you'll be obsessed with it!

Trails is all about the story, the characters and the lore.

Writing is great, character interaction is great, NPCs are great and story is nice, it would seem exactly the game you are looking for.

Three opinions are enough for me. Will buy, thanks guys.

TheRed

Trying to decide what to use my $20 gift card my friend gave me towards. Pillars of Eternity seems like a pretty damn good choice but not sure if I want something else more.

Corpekata

Banned
If im really really liking Door Kickers, what other Swat/Police themed games are worth buying before the sale's end? Not necessarily tactical games even.

Even if its a different genre, it made me think of the good old times when i co-op'ed Swat 4 with my friends <3

Not exactly police themed but Frozen Synapse might be to your fancy, it seems like a decent influence on Door Kickers and other recent "plan a tactical route" style games.

There really aren't a ton of police themed games out there.

Chillz0r

Banned
Not exactly police themed but Frozen Synapse might be to your fancy, it seems like a decent influence on Door Kickers and other recent "plan a tactical route" style games.

There really aren't a ton of police themed games out there.

I have Frozen Synapse, still casually play it with friends :) Shouldve mentioned as its probably the first game people relate Door Kickers to hah :D

Ugh, i would kill for a new Swat or Police quest!

Corpekata

Banned
I have Frozen Synapse, still casually play it with friends :) Shouldve mentioned as its probably the first game people relate Door Kickers to hah :D

Ugh, i would kill for a new Swat or Police quest!

If you want the other side of the law, The Master Plan is sort of similar, scratches heist movie vibes rather well.

Game's ugly as butt, but a lot of fun.

There is Breach and Clear, which is I think a bit more military oriented. I didn't care for it but it does have its' fans. Felt constrained by a mobile first design, small maps and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom