• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

This weird Undertale backlash is really silly given that even before it became popular with tumblr and so forth it got incredible reviews from critics, all of whom had not heard of it previously, which is a huge part of why it took off like it has. And all of those critics are adults, bringing up the youth is a really lazy thing.

I'm not so sure it's a backslash as such and more of inability to understand, there are many games I don't like but understand why others like, I just can't with Undertale, it's like a fashion thingie or something, never got that either, I mean why something gets extremely popular very fast and everybody thinks it's the best thing ever for no visible or comprehensible reason, hence young people comic.

PT is better than Silent Hills.

now you are just being silly
SH is nothing like PT

Turfster

For those have played GTA V is it worth getting just for the single player ?

Do you like being forced to play a specific totally uninteresting and probably offensive character even though you'd rather be playing with one of the others because of a garbage "story"?
Do you like being forced to do certain actions without valid motivation?
Do you like R*'s "humour" and "storytelling"?

You want a Holly card? I got a spare.
I just had one drop so I'm good for now if you want to use it yourself.
I'm not so sure it's a backslash as such and more of inability to understand, there are many games I don't like but understand why others like, I just can't with Undertale, it's like a fashion thingie or something, never got that either, I mean why something gets extremely popular very fast and everybody thinks it's the best thing ever for no visible or comprehensible reason, hence young people comic.
It just seems to weird to act like it's this weird trendy "fashion" game that became popular out of nowhere when it's one of the most critically acclaimed games of the year, something that is outside the realm of requiring popularity. I'm sure one of those reviews can help explain why it's become such a beloved title.

Arthea

Do you like being forced to play a specific totally uninteresting and probably offensive character even though you'd rather be playing with one of the others because of a garbage "story"?

I don't usually like when you hate games, and you do that a lot, but I can't get enough of your GTA hate, you should do it more often, it's so rare and fresh.

The forced to play as Trevor complaint is weird, should every game let you play a blank cipher with full personality customization? Are games that don't garbage for not letting you do so?

Yes, though it's a typical Rockstar game (misogynist, full of jokes that aren't really fun, stereotypes galore, etc)
Still, I had fun with the campaign.

I don't mind Rockstar's approach to humor and storytelling since I've enjoyed the previous GTA's.

I've heard the characters weren't the greatest for reasons such as those but that doesn't surprise me as its GTA.

As far as doing certain actions without valid motivation would depend on what those actions are I guess

yuraya

Ground Zeroes is better than The Phantom Pain.

chip-kelly-der-face.gif

MUnited83

For you.

Just do what everyone else does and ignore the garbage story and just enjoy the open world random antics and madness you can do?

Ground Zeroes is better than The Phantom Pain.
This is accurate.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Can someone help me find the name of a game? I wanted to check if it was on sale but can't find it.

At one time it was in the highest tier of a humble bundle. It's a (first person?) RPG. Name starts with a weird letter. X maybe? Came out like 2 years ago maybe.

Not xanadu, not xeno. Please help

Arthea

I just had one drop so I'm good for now if you want to use it yourself.

It just seems to weird to act like it's this weird trendy "fashion" game that became popular out of nowhere when it's one of the most critically acclaimed games of the year, something that is outside the realm of requiring popularity. I'm sure one of those reviews can help explain why it's become such a beloved title.

but I have played it and I don't see anything this amazing and I mean anything at all.
OTOH, let's just agree it's not a game for me and move on.

Can someone help me find the name of a game? I wanted to check if it was on sale but can't find it.

At one time it was in the highest tier of a humble bundle. It's a (first person?) RPG. Name starts with a weird letter. X maybe? Came out like 2 years ago maybe.

Ziggurat?

vocab

Dropsy is great. Seriously overlooked. This and Odallus: The Dark Call are my end of the year winners.

Might and Magic X?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So,
escaping the prison
in Assassin's Creed: Unity glitches out of the cutscene. I
couldn't jump off the prison
. Since it's technically a "cut-scene" I could only "pause" and not reset the memory or checkpoint. I had to alt-f4/reboot to redo the scene.

Fantastic Ubisoft.

oipic

Lords of Xulima, maybe?

pahamrick

So,
escaping the prison
in Assassin's Creed: Unity glitches out of the cutscene. I
couldn't jump off the prison
. Since it's technically a "cut-scene" I could only "pause" and not reset the memory or checkpoint. I had to alt-f4/reboot to redo the scene.

Fantastic Ubisoft.

My favorite issue was where the game would hard crash during a scene if I had Edward's outfit from ACIV equipped.

Turfster

I don't usually like when you hate games, and you do that a lot, but I can't get enough of your GTA hate, you should do it more often, it's so rare and fresh.
I don't hate a lot of games, I just have different opinions about some of the garbage everyone slobbers up as if it's pure gold and not base bullshit.

I could go on for hours about how bad GTAV was.
Have some more.

Did they ever fix the garbage UI?
And the fact that you couldn't abandon a race, but had to do the whole thing, even if you spun out and had no fucking chance of ever winning?
And that the radio stations kept resetting?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
My favorite issue was where the game would hard crash during a scene if I had Edward's outfit from ACIV equipped.

I haven't checked the Uplay rewards for the title yet. I know it's probably a bitch and a half to unlock the points now a days compared to the earlier titles which was just completing the story and unlocking just the weapons and maybe an exclusive mission while banking 10-20 left for a rainy day/another title.

pahamrick

I haven't checked the Uplay rewards for the title yet. I know it's probably a bitch and a half to unlock the points now a days compared to the earlier titles which was just completing the story and unlocking just the weapons and maybe an exclusive mission while banking 10-20 left for a rainy day/another title.

The outfits are in gold chests in the game. You used to have to do stuff in the mobile game to actually unlock the chests, but Ubi gave up on that and just unlocked all chests from the start.

So there's that bonus.

Uzzy

Been playing some Witcher 3 lately, very enjoyable stuff. The quest design is something else, just loads of variety in every sort of quest. Great to see all the characters from old games come back too, even
that old prick Thaler.

Now to wait for the inevitable film. Yes please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom