• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

Just got £20 in Steam Wallet vouchers. I'm willing to spend £5 or so more so I've got £25 to spend.

Thinking of going with Dying Light and Elite Dangerous but I'm really unsure whether the second one is going to be worth it. I want a good space sim but the reviews don't really bode well for it at all.

Recently built a new gaming pc so kind of splurged out and grabbed
Alien: Isolation
Battlefield: BC 2 & Vietnam
Dragon Age Origins UE
Lyne
Metal Gear Rising
Payday 2 GOTY
Pillars of Eternity
Satellite Reign
Stanley Parable
System Shock 2
Ghost Recon Future
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Watch_Dogs
Far Cry 4
Life is Strange 1-5
Ether One
Metro 2033 & Last Light
Terraria
And Star Wars Collection

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I had no idea the company was shutting down. Blah. 700+ people on my friends list and no heads-up. Thanks, "fellow" game collectors.

Edit: Bought the games on Humble.

Well I posted a warning in the current Steam thread as the news came to light in English!
Umihara Kawase games might disappear from Steam soon since Agatsuma dissolved today.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999905/20151211098/

Agatsuma Entertainment has been dissolved by its parent company, as of today. I have no idea how this will affect the availability of their games on Steam or elsewhere but I suggest you grab them while you still can.

Fox318

Haul so far

Life Is Strange Episode 1
Just Cause 1
Front Mission Evolved
Gyromancer
Yosumin
The Wolf Among Us
Lost Horizon 2
Secret Files 1
Secret Files 2
Secret Files 3

Endruen

Depending on what you what your definition of "adventure" is (it's thrown around to describe a heck of a lot of things now days) some of these could be of interest:
- The Rayman games (Origins and Legends)
- Spelunky
- The Trine series
Hopefully more co-op games targeting a broader audience start coming through during this new year. More co-op games is always a good thing. ^_^

Yeah, it's kinda broad XD
I already have Trine 1 and 2, but I'm playing them online with a friend, and I plan on buying Rayman for PS3 and Wii U.
I will check Spelunky, though.
Anyway, my girlfriend is quite "special" with games and can be bored pretty soon if it isn't appealing for her. She loves fighting games, but being in my computer lets her no time to practice on her own. We both love anime and RPGs, but aside from Tales, there aren't a lot with coop, and you can only participate in the battles. Also, she doesn't speak english, wich narrows down the list. That's why some games like Brothers is perfect, because there's some story, we can cooperate to advance and overall is an entertaining experience for both.
Oh, yes, I forgot, maybe some coop hack and slash will do, she likes them too.

AetherZX

My haul:

Audiosurf 2
Distance
Why Am I Dead At Sea
Project CARS
Besiege
Grand Theft Auto V
LISA: Complete Edition
Castlevania LoS Mirror of Fate HD
Huniepop
Double Dragon Neon

Of all the possible Final fantasy ports, IX seemed like the absolute least likely to be done next. I'm about as surprised for this as I was for Valkyria Chronicles, and that's saying something.

What a time to be alive.

Knurek

Last thing I'm buying this year:

packshot-art-thewhitemarch-expansionpass-part-1and2.jpg

Durante approved.

Great news about FF9, hopefully it's not a GPL breaking emulator like with Console Classics releases. :)

Arthea

FF9 on PC? I've never seen that one coming.

Not to be party pooper or anything, but considering we'll get an iOS port, you people will hate it, at least it'll make jschackles happy.

brassica

My purchases from the Winter Steam Sales :
-Mickey's Castle of Illusion
-Duck Tales
-Castlevania Lords of Shadow 1&2 & Mirror of Fate HD
-The Talos Principle & DLC

I hope Senpai will add me

Grief.exe

FFIX screenshots

4bMTPsV.jpg

V6WWIHM.jpg

hVWmoRw.jpg

You know, I think the FFVII HD port is visually inferior from the original, but this one actually looks pretty alright. Would have been great if they had included HD backgrounds, but at least the models don't stick out as repulsively as in FFVII HD.

Dr Dogg

FF9 on PC? I've never seen that one coming.

Not to be party pooper or anything, but considering we'll get an iOS port, you people will hate it, at least it'll make jschackles happy.

Considering it's my second favourite FF I'll happily put up with a 4:3 aspect ratio, 15fps battles and probably some other DotEmu butchery just as long as it's a title no longer tied to a dead platform.

MUnited83

For you.
Last thing I'm buying this year:

packshot-art-thewhitemarch-expansionpass-part-1and2.jpg

Durante approved.

Great news about FF9, hopefully it's not a GPL breaking emulator like with Console Classics releases. :)
You're remembering the wrong publisher :p. I dont think Console Classics had any issues with their emulator licensing, although they did have issues with the rights for a couple of games they sold afaik.

Arthea

Considering it's my second favourite FF I'll happily put up with a 4:3 aspect ratio, 15fps battles and probably some other DotEmu butchery just as long as it's a title no longer tied to a dead platform.

well, that makes at least 3 copies sold for SE
*laughs*

ya, unlikely it'll do worse than FF5, being a game that was never rereleased before, I was just talking about general steamgaf attitude towards those ports.

i just got a random friend invite. could be linked to a trade offer i posted. he's level 40, not sure is that matters. is there any harm in accepting random invites?

TheRed

Bought Age of Wonders 3 last night based on what people said in here and very happy with it. I played until 4 a.m and almost couldn't stop. I see myself getting way more into this than Civ 5 because I like the better combat in this. Overall happy with it even when I'm not a big strategy guy, I'm always looking for something in the genre that'll click with me more so I can see why people love them. This seems like the one to finally click with me. Still tempted to dump more money and get Pillars of Eternity as well though...

Momentary

Banned
I remember years ago people getting mad at me when I said every mainline Final Fantasy would be on PC eventually. Like co workers and friends would just say nope.

Now we're about to get XV and Remake. It's not even that exciting anymore. It's just expected to be released.

It's more of a surprise now for a multiple port title NOT to get a PC release these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom