• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Considering it's my second favourite FF I'll happily put up with a 4:3 aspect ratio, 15fps battles and probably some other DotEmu butchery just as long as it's a title no longer tied to a dead platform.

It's been available for play on PS3, PSP and PSVita for years now.

Smash88

Banned
I don't know if shackles will see this, but is there a way to change the currency (enhanced steam extension) for the deal prices, historic low, etc.? Or am I blind? My store is in CDN, but I'm in Europe at the moment and everything is in euros. Am I shit out of luck?

Anteater

Might probably buy ff9

Haven't bothered picking up the old games because every other game is not available here for whatever reason, maybe it's an even number thing because they're 4, 6, 8 and 14.

So FF9 should be fine going by that logic.

Oh nvm, forgot about FFV

Tizoc

All three of which are dead or will be dying. Sony will eventually cease production of PS3 and PSVita.

So when PS4 gets PSOne compatibility that thing will be a dying system too? :V
FF9 will remain available on the PS Store service just like it'd be available on the Steam service.

Do you like being forced to play a specific totally uninteresting and probably offensive character even though you'd rather be playing with one of the others because of a garbage "story"?
Do you like being forced to do certain actions without valid motivation?
Do you like R*'s "humour" and "storytelling"?

Yea.

Better than the same old boring open world games where "choose this or that" and in the ebbs your choice nets you 100 gold vs 300g woohoooo ya go choice.

I'll take R's version thanks

!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Polishin8r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alien Breed: Impact -- MB-1F92F88BFAA32FE7 - Taken by eternalthree[/QUOTE]

pahamrick

So when PS4 gets PSOne compatibility that thing will be a dying system too? :V
FF9 will remain available on the PS Store service just like it'd be available on the Steam service.

I was just saying that Dogg wasn't really wrong about it being tied to dead platforms. :X I'd much rather have FF9 on PC too, much easier to mod the few things I dislike about it that way.

Yea.

Better than the same old boring open world games where "choose this or that" and in the ebbs your choice nets you 100 gold vs 300g woohoooo ya go choice.

I'll take R's version thanks

Turfster was talking about some stuff that happens in the game, not exactly about the kind of choice that you think.

AsylumX

can i sign up for humble monthly an hour before release?

Yes, but i don't recommend it. Sometimes their checkout service gets weird. I also may not recommend humble montlhy, this will be my last month. I just don't see how they can keep up with it in the long run

emptyroom

Neo Member
I picked up sublevel zero as recommended in Toma's indie titles on sale thread. If you love Descent you owe it to yourself to try this out!

Pachimari

Woah, Final Fantasy IX coming to iOS and PC? I am so double-dipping and celebrating by buying Final Fantasy III, IV, The After Years, V and XIII-2 on Steam!

I'm glad I remembered to actually look at the weekly Humble bundle three hours before it ends, Dyscourse seems interesting enough for a dollar.

GaussTek

Aren't you guys forgetting something? Like FF I-II?

Yeah. Hope that -if they ever want to port it to PC- they sell it together and with the PSP CGI cutscenes at least, otherwise people won't be so happy about it just being ports of the mobile versions.

Anyway, the Final Fantasy IX announcement is a great way to end up the year for me, so happy about it

Good morning everyone, slept in a bit today. So FF9 announced for PC or something? One last bomb before we close the year :) its my personal favorite, not even cause of nostalgia reasons either as it wasn't the first one I played, its just a really good game.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hero Prinny, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

Undertale -- MB-D29D1BAC997522B7 - Taken by AcademicSaucer. 143 entrants total.

t1451596049z1.png

Knurek

Considering it's my second favourite FF I'll happily put up with a 4:3 aspect ratio, 15fps battles and probably some other DotEmu butchery just as long as it's a title no longer tied to a dead platform.

Please don't be a dotEmu port, please don't be a dotEmu port, please don't be a dotEmu port.

JaseC, please note that if this is a dotEmu port it will probably use hacked up PCSX (which is a GPL violation) with an unlicensed copy of (probably clumsily encrypted) PS1 BIOS (which is a Sony's copyright violation) - you might want to take no chances here.

I'm not wrapping up my Winter Sale shopping until after the Humble Monthly Bundle is revealed, but here's my haul so far:

The Beginner's Guide
Pillars of Eternity
Rocket League + Chaos Run DLC
Sonic Adventure 2
SquareCells (not on sale but whatever)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II

4th Haul (thank you sony)

Ricochet 5.00 CNY BloodRayne 3.00 CNY Jade Empire (ROW) 12.00 CNY Midnight Club 2 15.00 CNY BloodRayne 2 3.00 CNY Beyond Good and Evil 10.00 CNY
Dead Island GOTY 13.00 CNY System Shock 2 7.00 CNY The Bard's Tale 11.00 Sonic Generations 22.00 CNY Sir, You Are Being Hunted Steam 13.00 CNY
The Last Remnant 18.00 CNY Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath 18.00 CNY Nail'd 5.00 Tesla Effect 25.00 CNY The Beginner's Guide 21.00 CNY Roundabout 12.00 CNY
Monochroma 9.00 CNY DreadOut 12.00 CNYAmong the Sleep 19.00 CNY Gun Metal 3.00 CNY Super Splatters 5.00 CNY Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION 11.00 CNY Castle In The Darkness 12.00 CNY Ford Street Racing 3.00 CNY Street Racing Syndicate 5.00 CNY HTR+ Slot Car Simulation 10.00 CNY Toybox Turbos 12.00 CNY Turbo Dismount 14.00 CNY Dropsy 18.00 CNY The Vanishing of Ethan Carter 20.00 CNY The Park 30.00 CNY Super Win the Game: Soundtrack Edition 5.00 CNY Slave Zero 7.00 CNY Ford Racing 3 3.00 CNY Planet Diver 4.00 CNY STAR WARS® X-Wing Bundle 58.00 CNY Thief Collection (Asia) 31.00 CNY Developer Alliance Bundle 1.00 CNY Lucius Bundle 19.00 CNY Ford Racing Off Road 3.00 CNY
Subtotal:
527.00 CNY = $90

As always, my hauls are based off games people have listed all through out this entire thread plus games I find on my own that I do through a bit of memory or research.

Is it possible that a kind soul in here, could get me Watch Dogs - Complete Edition for the $5 being talked about? :)

I'd be surprised if there's anyone around to do that. I tried all my contacts and had the sudden realisation that anyone still awake is probably in no fit state to be making purchases right now.

TheMan

Starbound vs rust. Very different games but both deal with survival and building, both in early access. Only willing to buy one at this point. Thoughts?

Pupo

It's kinda underrated because it didn't sell so well compared to the previous 2 entries.
It was released after the PS2 released.

FF7 was good, so the next entry, FF8 sold well because FF7 was good and people thought FF8 will be good like FF7, but no, it was shit (ok no) and FF9 didn't sell so well because of FF8, or something like that (?)

FF XII is the most underrated FF. I love that game.

^Also this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom