• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Holiday Seal 2015 |OT| This isn't the account you're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthuk

Happy New Year GAF , enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Balthuk, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LYNE- -- MB-A4C3B80BFF3FB0AB - Taken by baconcow. 12 entrants total.
Oniken- -- MB-40BDB6742CEA843C - Taken by PenDynasty. 4 entrants total.

t1451589392z1.png

Pachimari

I'd be surprised if there's anyone around to do that. I tried all my contacts and had the sudden realisation that anyone still awake is probably in no fit state to be making purchases right now.

There's actually lots of people who offered me Watch Dogs, and I got it now. Look at the last page, people are very helpful, even on New Year eve. :)

Kanokare

It's underrated? It's one of the best FFs

It's kinda underrated because it didn't sell so well compared to the previous 2 entries.
It was released after the PS2 released.

Yeah I barely know many people who played it personally. It was always one of my favorites with FFVIII being my all time favorite even with the terrible Draw system.

FF XII is the most underrated FF. I love that game.

FFXII was the only one I completed once and never went back to do side quests or even replay. If they ever bring it to the PC or make an HD version I'll give it a second try. I heard the revamped stat grid in the International version was a lot better too so I'd love to give that a try.

man, i can't wait for day after tomorrow and being 100% on vacations. i don't particularly enjoy the holidays so tomorrow is still kind of annoying to me (and i'll probably write an emotional neogaf post like i do every year), but day after it's just gonna be awesome, just gonna play pillars of eternity all day long and make smoothies

That smoothies part made me lol for some reason. So random.

Pachimari

I have never completed a Final Fantasy game, but that's seriously gonna change next year. I have played lots of them, but I think I'm gonna try complete VI, VII or XIII first.

Arthea

I wasn't meaning it was bad or anything but I recall a lot of people skipping if since it came out after the PS3 released I think

nah, many people didn't like it and it is one of worst of FFs, so it was to be expected
I know they'll release it on PC some day, but honestly I would prefer IZJS instead, because FF12 is just not that fun.

I have never completed a Final Fantasy game, but that's seriously gonna change next year. I have played lots of them, but I think I'm gonna try complete VI, VII or XIII first.

I would strongly suggest FF5 if you haven't played it, the heck FF4 also! These might be very old games but really worth to try at least.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Now where are only missing FF12 and Tactics... then the three best FFs will be on Steam...

Make it so Square!!!

XShagrath

I never thought I'd use the refund feature. I usually do thorough research on a game before a purchase. I just snagged Grim Dawn as I'm a big fan of Diablo 3 and other ARPGs like that (Torchlight, for instance). It was just too slow and janky for me. If it was $5, I probably would have just ate the loss and maybe someone on my shared list would enjoy it, but not worth keeping around at $15.

Pachimari

well it exist, just not on anything outside of arcades. apparently its not that good tho

It is coming to PlayStation 4 though, so we can only hope it arrives on Steam as well. And that it game will eventually turn out good.

And man do I hate these holiday sales. I have no self-control at these times, but hopefully I can refrain from buying any games next year, and try and complete the ones I already have. It almost feels like I'm preparing to hibernate next year.

Yeah I barely know many people who played it personally. It was always one of my favorites with FFVIII being my all time favorite even with the terrible Draw system.

FF7 was good, so the next entry, FF8 sold well because FF7 was good and people thought FF8 will be good like FF7, but no, it was shit (ok no) and FF9 didn't sell so well because of FF8, or something like that (?)

FF IX really need a second chance, and this is the time.

I never thought I'd use the refund feature. I usually do thorough research on a game before a purchase. I just snagged Grim Dawn as I'm a big fan of Diablo 3 and other ARPGs like that (Torchlight, for instance). It was just too slow and janky for me. If it was $5, I probably would have just ate the loss and maybe someone on my shared list would enjoy it, but not worth keeping around at $15.

But why?
I'm currently enjoying Grim Dawn. I don't feel the game is janky at all. It's quite challenging even on earlier levels (I'm on veteran) and the loots are satisfying.

Does Final Fantasy IV have a great story? And it's not one of the difficulty ones right? (I think I heard FF III is very hard).

FF III is not hard, it's just grindy. Story is somewhat nonexistent, pretty basic.
FF IV story is way better with some good twists. Loveable characters as well.

Arthea

Does Final Fantasy IV have a great story? And it's not one of the difficulty ones right? (I think I heard FF III is very hard).

none of older FFs are particularly easy, except of FF6 somewhat. FF4 story is really something, you or will hate it or will love it, there is no other way.
If FF4 kept the same difficulty level DS remake had (and it seems like it did), many people find it hard. Not sure about FF3 as I'm yet to play a remake, for my shame, as I have it on DS and on steam.

XShagrath

But why?
I'm currently enjoying Grim Dawn. I don't feel the game is janky at all. It's quite challenging even on earlier levels (I'm on veteran) and the loots are satisfying.
The combat doesn't feel impactful to me. I couldn't get the "Force Move" button to work properly (usually have it bound to one of my side mouse buttons in other games). It also felt rather slow, compared to stuff like Diablo and Torchlight.

Anteater

I hope you guys don't get started on listing which FF you like the best and which FF is a piece of shit

actually I'm going to sleep anyway

go nuts

It is coming to PlayStation 4 though, so we can only hope it arrives on Steam as well. And that it game will eventually turn out good.
from what my friends tell me who have really been watching the game is that its really dumbed down. I don't know this myself since I don't pay attention to it since its no where near to releasing on systems and then being localized to the US, better to just not even think of it imo, way to far off

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Started playing RE Revelations. Everything in the cruise looks okay, but that intro bit at the beach... so ugly. I guess it's to be expected for an upgraded 3DS game. I lost it when those pink blobs started attacking, more comedy than horror. Luckily you go straight to the boat again after that.

Messiah

Started playing RE Revelations. Everything in the cruise looks okay, but that intro bit at the beach... so ugly. I guess it's to be expected for an upgraded 3DS game. I lost it when those pink blobs started attacking, more comedy than horror. Luckily you go straight to the boat again after that.
The ugly graphics i could deal with but the shooting is so wonky and scanning is suvh an annoying mechanic that I gave up on the game.

Kyougar

You are all a bunch of Fanboys!!!!11

Next thing you want to tell me, is that FFIX is better than FFVIII. Pff. Madness I say. MADNESS!

Gunblade47

Neo Member
Oh wow! So the only missing FF games on pc will be 1, 2 and 12. Hoping we get the int version of 12 soon!

That game was a blast and the graphics were amazing for the hardware it had to work with. The int version also has a speedup so it helps with farming.

I wouldn't have expected SE to port the majority of the FF series just a few years ago tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom